Mr dizzle's doubled's MPB style jockin log

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

easypleasie

My biggest c99 girl so far is 7 oz. Not the most impressive but considering the tight space they were in, it's not that bad. Only my first run with her so it will take me a couple more before I get a decent feel for what she likes. She's got a hell of a kick :)

I'm not sure how she would do in the buckets, though. Not very large colas so packing on the weight might be a little harder.

P

PRODUCT

what do you think about setting a 1gallon soil plant on top of one of these systems. (on top of the growrocks)...

kinda like a hybrid system combining soil and hydro. would dripping be an issue?

O

OregonMeds

what do you think about setting a 1gallon soil plant on top of one of these systems. (on top of the growrocks)...

kinda like a hybrid system combining soil and hydro. would dripping be an issue?

Think of the main reservoir as your own built in home urinal, or just mount a toilet seat to the top so you can take a big dump in it. Both would contaminate the system just as fast.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

Think of the main reservoir as your own built in home urinal, or just mount a toilet seat to the top so you can take a big dump in it

This really made me laugh! Thanks OM

M

mrdizzle

there isnt a big need to "change" this system. I know we all have imagenations but if there is going to be anything to need to tweek, I would wait until you have a run under your belt. after seeing the growth with this system you wont consider soil ever again,,,,,,,,,,haha unless you shit the bed on your first run than I think soil is all you will ever consider again

O

OregonMeds

This really made me laugh! Thanks OM

No problem. I should have said it a little differently though, I don't want to appear like I'm being an ass to the guy.

I just have a sick sense of humor...

I should have said "Both will contaminate the res just as fast, but my way gives you the coolest man bathroom ever."

To make sure the humor got across and not some type of assholyness...

Doh!

C

crossouttheiis

your stuff is looking good now! I cant wait til my next harvest at the end of the month so I can start this up! Are you going to enclose the room and run co2 the next run? great job again!

Congrats on a spectacular show!

I have one question that I haven't found addressed here or elsewhere. Why use separate pumps and feed lines for the tank and the drip? Is it possible to tee off the main feed and reduce at each bucket for a drip tube? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

M

mrdizzle

I have one question that I haven't found addressed here or elsewhere. Why use separate pumps and feed lines for the tank and the drip? Is it possible to tee off the main feed and reduce at each bucket for a drip tube? What am I missing?

i would say there is no way to "t" off the drip lines. you need the bottom feed pump to push nutes through the bottom of the bucket, you need a pump to run the drip line. I dont know why you would want to "t" it off, it def will not be as easy as setting up a 5 site drip line

M

mrdizzle

your stuff is looking good now! I cant wait til my next harvest at the end of the month so I can start this up! Are you going to enclose the room and run co2 the next run? great job again!

I dont think so. I've wanted to run a sealed room for some time now but im going to wait until I have one big room instead of 2 rooms.

O

OregonMeds

You could try but it's incredibly hard to create a balance of water pressure just right to create a drip on one line and a flood of water in a bigger line together.
Also as it ages and gets a buildup things change, when water levels move at all things change, etc.

It's so much safer and easier to just use another pump and that little tubing is so cheap you're probably best off just doing it his way.

It doesn't hurt to experiment though as long as failure is acceptable.

M

mrdizzle

agreed, for the drip lines, i like to use the raindrop plastic tubing. buy the hole punch they sell for it, doesnt leak at all and doesnt give you blisters, plus the tubing is like $10, but for the feedline I go with the regular tubing.

it's incredibly hard to create a balance of water pressure

as it ages and gets a buildup things change.

It's so much safer and easier to just use another pump and that little tubing is so cheap you're probably best off just doing it his way.

thank you OregonMeds. That makes a world of sense.

I have another [perhaps] dumb question. I think dds recommended a res temp of something like 68 or 70 degrees. Has anyone tried cooler than this?

M

mrdizzle

mine has been cooler due to the fact is freezing out here in norcal. typically 65-68, I havent notcied anything bad. I know water holds the most oxygen at like 59 according to remo haha

M

mrdizzle

also there is about to be a 6plant, 5000w room up in this bitch, Im starting to set it up on wednesday

water holds the most oxygen at like 59

that's what i was thinking of. it seems like a LARGE component of dds' system is maxing out the oxygen in the water. what are the pros and cons of getting that res temp down closer to 59? just how much of an impact does the temp have? r we talking another 1%, or 50%? anyone know or have experience with this?

R

Rolln J

59 degree root zone will seriously stunt growth in any system - I dont see any pros to that!

M

mrdizzle

I dont think the good outways the bad, I dont know specifics thou. trust me this system cranks out more oxygen than you could ever imagen.

Top Bottom