Mr dizzle's doubled's MPB style jockin log

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

total time under light was about 4wks, I vegged from clone for 18days under a 1000w MH, then I think 9-12 days in the buckets

M

mrdizzle

i made it, I bought 8in "T's" and the last one i just threw an endcap on it. I made one in my other room out of ridge ducting

D

doubleds

hey diz, just an idea for you that works for me, I have been running a 4 amp portable swamp cooler that has helped keep my temp down and humidity high. First thing I did was take it apart (opened the bottom up) and added some longer tubing and electrical so I could mount it on top of a bigger water reservoir (I almost never have to add water).....then I have the back of the swamp cooler ducted to a 6 inch squirrel cage fan that is blowing nite time norcal air thru the pads while lights are on

it is well worth the trouble, IMO. after lights have been on for 10 hours the humidity is always 65-70% and the room temp is 72 - 75 degrees. the ventilation in the room is passive, not sealed, very little forced exhaust, but lots of air movement and lots of fresh outdoor air in thru those pads on the cooler

the last few weeks of flower I will exhaust lots more air forcibly

hi boots
get rid of the 65% - 70% humidity bro, thats so old school and not at all beneficial. Why would you want to feed through your leaves rather than your rootball? it make 0 sense my friend. Krusty had 65% humidity bro but the only reason he did was because the man was to cheap to buy enough dehueys to fix the PROBLEM. It pisses me off when jalisco kid tells people this is a must, he hasnt got a clue. All you had to do was take a look at my pics, 40% humidity did this bro.... 40%. Krusty got a ton of budrot also but jalisco doesnt tell you abot that.

dds

C

Coxie

So you flipped your plants at 3 weeks plus 9 days? In what grow situation did you start your cuttings in?

B

Boots Sugarleaf

hi boots
get rid of the 65% - 70% humidity bro, thats so old school and not at all beneficial. Why would you want to feed through your leaves rather than your rootball? it make 0 sense my friend. Krusty had 65% humidity bro but the only reason he did was because the man was to cheap to buy enough dehueys to fix the PROBLEM. It pisses me off when jalisco kid tells people this is a must, he hasnt got a clue. All you had to do was take a look at my pics, 40% humidity did this bro.... 40%. Krusty got a ton of budrot also but jalisco doesnt tell you abot that.

dds

Thanks for the truth bro! Yeah, I did take JK's advice on that one, and one of my plants was fighting powdery mildew, so yesterday I shut off the swampy

the room is at 40 - 50% humidity now and the temp is still at 72-75 degrees

D

doubleds

So you flipped your plants at 3 weeks plus 9 days? In what grow situation did you start your cuttings in?

ebb n flow table for 2 weeks, mpb for 1 week.

Thanks for the truth bro! Yeah, I did take JK's advice on that one, and one of my plants was fighting powdery mildew, so yesterday I shut off the swampy

the room is at 40 - 50% humidity now and the temp is still at 72-75 degrees

are you using co2? if so get your temps up to 85 or ur wastin ur co2

dds

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Jk=bs

"It pisses me off when jalisco kid tells people this is a must, he hasn't got a clue. All you had to do was take a look at my pics, 40% humidity did this bro.... 40%. Krusty got a ton of budrot also but jalisco doesnt tell you about that." DD

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.....finally some voice of reason who carries clout. :bow

BTW...IMHO you should veg in a rain forest(humid 50-80%) and bloom in the dessert (arid 10-30%) to get optimal results.

M

mrdizzle

yep my RH was 40-50 had no rot at all, def didnt slow down any growth

C

Casper13

dd got 42 off 10.

I honestly dont have a single root growing down any drain lines, that is because the tub is a solid mat of roots, only when they were getting started did roots try to follow the flow out the drains. the roots get after the airstone and the other roots follow.

im sure you could get away with 1 drain but I would have to ask why you only want one. a clogged drain would be a nightmare
sorry it took so long to reply back but as I am a newbie here and still trying to figure it all out.As far as why I suggested maybe just using (1) 1 1/4 inch drain instead of (2) 1 inch is only because less pieces to use and less work. cheers

C

Casper13

One thing about adding the top feed 24/7 is the extra flow through the system. And it's suppose to be good for flushing. Besides that, I have no clue lol

Paying close attention to what you guys are doing. I'm going the coco basket route as my clones look so much better that way.

What do you guys think about putting the basket on a layer of hydroton and then burying the baskets with the hydroton? My thoughts are the roots can fully come out of the basket and not get air trimmed at all. This way i'll have roots coming out before I put them in the veg setup.
I use a 5 gal in 5 gal bucket 24/7 recycle system with the inner 5 gal filled with hydroton and a self made drip ring that does fantastic.There is always approx 2" of nutes in bottom of outer 5 gal with 4" airstone in each bucket and using a 80 stone size air pump.The only thing I will change after this run is going to a 20 gal muck bucket for my outer (will give plants more root room),and will be using a rubbermaid brute garbage can lid that fits perfectly on my 22 inch rim's of my muck buckets, of which will give me the ability to incorporate the use of DD's great idea of using the wire cages for plant supports.

S

socalsinner

Hi diz. Im almost finished with my setup. I have the same tubs you have . My space is 22 X 24 with 13' ceilings. I want to grow 10 kids. I have a 2 Ton Split AC and another 1/4 Ton Portable AC. I also bulit a Veg room that is 12X8. The Veg room has a portable AC a 4 X 8 ebb and flow table and 1 1k LIght. Question I have is about DD's statement

ebb n flow table for 2 weeks, mpb for 1 week.

I know your not DD lol but I figured since you have a sweet setup you could answer this no problem. Ill take my rooted cuts to ebb and flow tables in 4 inch rockwools for two weeks and then the MPD for a week is where im confused. Am I supposed to put them in the MPD Buckets in my flower room and us Metal Halide bulbs for a week lol? (dont think so) or does he just me MPD them in the Flower room for a week with the drippers but using the HPS bulbs? Where did you get your manifold bro? I ordered that clear PVC Check valve 1 1/4 inch. Was curious if you could take a pic of your check valve setup ? I would appreciate it so much ! What slope do you have on your drain pipe? I have two 1/4 HP Chilers for my Res. Will this work with the feed line? Thanks!

M

mrdizzle

he just vegges them for a week in his flower room with HPS after a 2 wk veg on a ebb n flow. I would probably not set a time frame just wait until the plants look big enough to produce in the buckets. I just vegged my master kush for three weeks in the buckets. there is a pic of my check valve in my other thread called mrdizzles second mpb. slope of the drain doesnt matter so long as the end furthest from the res is higher than the rest. Mine is only and inch or so higher, gravity is powerful stuff. Im not sure what you mean by "will this work with my feed lines"

L

Lost

I think what hes saying is that can he put the feed lines on the chiller pump? If that is your question, then yes you can, but I do not reccommend it. If you wanted to you could run the chiller pump and use the return line for drip, that might be a better method.. You need over 1200 gph (for 4 tubs) and the chiller eats a ton of GPH's (the water wirls around a chamber, bad for gph).

I do have a manifold (check valve) pic in my MPD journal in my sig :)

E

easypleasie

I don't recommend using the feed line coming out of the chiller either. I did that with a 1200 gph pump on my veg setup and it reduced the flow way too much. A nice benefit for using a separate pump for your chiller is it gives ya lots of circulation in the res.

B

billybadazz

I couldn't even imagine if you ran c02 the whole run!! great show bro!!

S

socalsinner

he just vegges them for a week in his flower room with HPS after a 2 wk veg on a ebb n flow. I would probably not set a time frame just wait until the plants look big enough to produce in the buckets. I just vegged my master kush for three weeks in the buckets. there is a pic of my check valve in my other thread called mrdizzles second mpb. slope of the drain doesnt matter so long as the end furthest from the res is higher than the rest. Mine is only and inch or so higher, gravity is powerful stuff. Im not sure what you mean by "will this work with my feed lines"

(2) 1800 GPH Commercial Grade Pump (Danner) - one for each 5 plants

This quote from DD is for the Main Feed Line. Is it possible for two pumps to be connected to one feed line? With a T possibly? Or would it be more ideal to use two seperate main feedlines? I will be running 10 plants in a 28X22 area. My Split ac is dead center on the 22' wall. Thanks guys for the help

Top Bottom