Mr dizzle's doubled's MPB style jockin log

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

I wouldnt, just have one pump going to 5 plants and the other pump going to 5 plants. squeezing 3600gph into a 1/2in feeding tube could cause some problems

M

mrdizzle

I used a active air 110l per min air pump. cheap $70 buckets, works great but is waaaay loud. I also use a pondmaster 100ap. $139 bucks from marvinsgarden on ebay. Much much quiter so I would go with that. for pumps Im using a pondmaster 1800. super strong, Im using it for 6buckets, works great, you cant even hear it running. the only thing I would change on my set up is I wish I had lights on the back side of my plants. I think and extra 2400w would have gotten me and extra 4lbs. I got a 1.6lb average with 4 out of 5 plants being only "half plants" meaning they only got light from one side.

S

socalsinner

Placement of plants and Lights Help Needed Please

Hi dizzle. was hopping i could get your input and the rest of the guys too on best setup . Space ended up being 18 X 24. Ac is dead center in room. I was hoping to do two rows of 8 plants . I have at my disposal 18 cool tubes. I can make them 600's or 1000's mixed up. I thought Maybe this. O Being the plants 1= 1000 watt x= 600 watt. Not aligned on the bottom grid like I wanted . this page wont let me ... :( Imagine the x's and 1's shifted over to the right a few clicks lol

x x
xO Ox
1 1
xO Ox
1 1
xO Ox
1 1
xO Ox
x x

S

swisscheese

I see you intend to redesign your version of dd's system. I am using pretty much the same parts as you and wondered what you dont like about your current setup as far as the buckets go?

S

socalsinner

I see you intend to redesign your version of dd's system. I am using pretty much the same parts as you and wondered what you dont like about your current setup as far as the buckets go?

Hi . I really dont have a setup yet. I have been trying to get the best layout for the watts available and the plants available with the space we have. The room has now been finally built and it ended up being 18 X 24. Just looking for input on what the guys think will work best.

M

mrdizzle

i would either try the krusty set up, or DD. either way the plants are getting a lot of light.

L

Lost

Why dont you start with a 4 plant 5 light setup till you get it dialed in?

M

mrdizzle

Not to sound like a dick, but if you dont know these lighting set ups you probably havent done enough research on the topic to actually pull a sucessful run, because these designs are out there, but here is some help

Light= 0 Plant = X

DD's
XoXoXoXoXoX
oXoXoXoXoXo
XoXoXoXoXox you can throw some 600's on the back of the plants at the end of your rows

Krusty's Plant=X 600's=o 1000's=O

o o o o o o o
X X X X X X
O O O O O
X X X X X X
o o o o o o

S

socalsinner

Not to sound like a dick, but if you dont know these lighting set ups you probably havent done enough research on the topic to actually pull a sucessful run, because these designs are out there, but here is some help

Light= 0 Plant = X

DD's
XoXoXoXoXoX
oXoXoXoXoXo
XoXoXoXoXox you can throw some 600's on the back of the plants at the end of your rows

Krusty's Plant=X 600's=o 1000's=O

o o o o o o o
X X X X X X
O O O O O
X X X X X X
o o o o o o

Not to worry I dont think your a dick.. lol. I have drawn up about 5 light layouts and have had some many people give me good advice but it seems like each person puts their own twist . I just like to get alot of input. Ive seen many layouts of DD's and a few of Krusty's . I will stick with 5 1000's and 9 600's for 6 plants.

I think this is my layout:O= plants, x= 600, X= 1000 Cool tubing and aircooling as much as I can and vertical cooling with 6 blowers, AC of course too 2.5 ton Mini Split Ac and a Portable if need be 11k btus. Thanks guys

...........xX x
..........xO Ox
...........X X
..........xO Ox
...........X X
..........xO Ox
.............x

M

mrdizzle

thats a ton of light I think they get huge. is 6plants ur limit? you could probably get away with less light and get the same results,maybe lose two of those 4 1000wers. I guess it depends on how big your going to get these things and how much coverage you will need. looking forward to the thread

S

socalsinner

Hi diz. Think its best I move it down a notch. Maybe 9 600's and only 5 1000's. Air cool all cool tubes . Hi power air blowers for floor, manifold for ac to shoot air over canopy, mabe use my crappy portables as back up ac to my mini split 2.5 ton ... until i can afford more ac. I think 6 is my limit with my AC and light coverage.. dont you think?

D

doubleds

You don't think the reaper beats up the buds too much? We have two and used them for our outdoor this season, but was worried it would beat up our indoor too much where we didn't care about the looks as much. Do you put them in wet or do you wait until they dry for a day or two? We tried both methods out of necessity due to lack of time, I almost liked the job it did after the plants had been hanging for a day or two compared to the real fresh stuff.
You used the reaper for the small stuff and did the colas by hand right? Looking back you would do the colas too huh? You didn't think it knocks a lot fo the trichs off?

hydrotek has a much better version of the reaper called the pro cut fast. It is exactly the same thing but it has a dumping feature, whirl your buds and then dump them out into a bin. my test we did 16 pounds in 6.5 hours using this trimmer. 1 person runs the trimmer and cuts down plants, 3 others trim off fans and cuts the buds off the stock. For my larger harvests, we run 2 machines, same 4 people, 56 pounds in 2 x 12 hour days and 119 pounds in 5 x 12 hour days.

check it out, it does an amazing job.

If you cant find one, pm me and i will pass the info along to my boy that owns my local hydro shop. he will ship it to you.

dds

http://www.procutleaftrimmer.com/

its the one on the right hand side, the tall one.

D

doubleds

Hi diz. Think its best I move it down a notch. Maybe 9 600's and only 5 1000's. Air cool all cool tubes . Hi power air blowers for floor, manifold for ac to shoot air over canopy, mabe use my crappy portables as back up ac to my mini split 2.5 ton ... until i can afford more ac. I think 6 is my limit with my AC and light coverage.. dont you think?

if you want my 2 cents, forget the cool tubes and invest in a/c. Cool tubes suck, i really dont like them at all bro

S

socalsinner

Thanks DD. Guys im stuck with these 9 cool tubes for this run. I agree they suck but I have to air cool them for this run. 100 each was my price. Hopefully I wont lose too much when i sell them in two months . :( I'll tak it a step at a time and let you guys know what ended up working. Thanks again for all the great help.

M

mcattak

socal,

-I used the krusty design on my lighting simply because I could hang in my case 4 lights in a row on a wooden dowel and raise and lower them when needed, seemed like it would be easier to access the plants..
-Even though I use 1k's i didn't think you could have to much light, in your case 10,400 watts right..In my setup it would be 12k for 6 plants....As long as you can control the heat go for it...

xxx
xxx

666elsie

I no now that I,m totally sold on this system!card is coming soon whoo!!great thread..

F

fido

this is awesome. for those of us who are disabled and do not have the full use of our limbs are there any guys or gals on the forum who can build a system for me for a fee?
please pm me.

fido

Latest posts

Top Bottom