mrdizzle's 3rd mpb style jock bubbakush style

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

I figured I would start a new thread for this room. 5 bubbakush. Vegged for a couple weeks in rockwool. here they are transplanted into the buckets.

Nutes= floranova, floralicous plus, cal-mag, koolbloom

Mrdizzles 3rd mpb style jock bubbakush style
Mrdizzles 3rd mpb style jock bubbakush style 2
M

mrdizzle

The center plant almost died from drought due to putting the feed lines too far from the rockwool. here we are at the end of day 7 of veg. from this point I had to cut back down to one light to try to get the center plant not to die, did that for about a week, then gave them a week of 3 light on one light off, the one in the corner suffered drought too

M

mrdizzle

here we are first day of flower, total veg time 20 dayish

L

Lost

Very nice and the size I would flip mine from now on. Well, at least that size :)

*pulls up a chair*

M

MedicalINFO

Lookn good

Weren't you running masters?

What's your spacing stem to stem?

I think I read in one of your threads that the first run you did in the mpbs you had some root rot and it smelled bad??

What did you do to prevent that for round two? DD's fungicide..hygrozyme?

thanks

M

mrdizzle

My first run went perfectly with the roots, I didnt do anything but keep the temps at 68 and lots of air. the roots stunk after sitting in my garage with the bucket on top of them for a couple days while I trimmed . about a year ago I did a krusty style run that I got root rot, had no chiller. One day I noticed a plant droopy, felt the stem and it was like clay. felt the water coming out of the feedline was pretty much hot to the touch. 12 plants were dead 5days later. roots smelled like a blueboy at a phish concert.

S

socalsinner

The center plant almost died from drought due to putting the feed lines too far from the rockwool. here we are at the end of day 7 of veg. from this point I had to cut back down to one light to try to get the center plant not to die, the one in the corner suffered drought too

Hi Diz.. How often were you watering with the drip lines and for how long each time? Hope it works out in the end for you . Peace.

M

mrdizzle

at the time I had them going 24/7 but the water was too far away from the cubes, I had to put them runnin right next to the cube. I also did some 20min on every 2 hours which seemed to work too. now they run 24/7 running on the outside of the buckets cubes stay moist but not soaked

mack 10

mack 10

nice bushy bubba, they look much more happy now.keep em green;)

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

what bubba cut is that, pre 98? those girls bounced back nicely for you...

E

easypleasie

Oh yeah, another show! No doubt they came back strong for ya. Nice and bushy now.

M

mrdizzle

Lookn good

Weren't you running masters?

What's your spacing stem to stem?

I think I read in one of your threads that the first run you did in the mpbs you had some root rot and it smelled bad??

What did you do to prevent that for round two? DD's fungicide..hygrozyme?

thanks

I thought i grabbed master but after my girl grew out her plants we realized i grabbed the bubba cuts. I cant confirm its the 98' cut but its gets really really dark, the leaves almost turn black

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Things are looking real nice bro,
Those are gunna be some beasts.

D

doubleds

My first run went perfectly with the roots, I didnt do anything but keep the temps at 68 and lots of air. the roots stunk after sitting in my garage with the bucket on top of them for a couple days while I trimmed . about a year ago I did a krusty style run that I got root rot, had no chiller. One day I noticed a plant droopy, felt the stem and it was like clay. felt the water coming out of the feedline was pretty much hot to the touch. 12 plants were dead 5days later. roots smelled like a blueboy at a phish concert.

Hi there bro

drop the chiller down to 63-65. If your res is at 68 degrees then the mpb's are probably 70 - 73. Thats what i do and mpbs stays at 67. Perfect.

Place a dripper directly into the cube when you transplant and leave it there for 2 weeks dripping 24/7.
I get the best starts/transplants this way.

Thanks for taking the time to show us all your grows and helping out !

dds

N

nedmark

those girls made an amazing comeback. looks great. how much a/c you pushing to run bare bulbs in there? how much light is diminished do you think using cooltubes? I would love to do one of these mpb systems but I am only on my 4th grow.I am how ever going to incorperate vertical lighting on my next soil grow. I plan to use 10 gallon bags with 50/50 ffof/light warrior flip at 3' put in circles of 6 and hang 1000 watt in middle. I will have 8 circles and hope to get 2lbs per light. I couldnt imagine getting 2lbs per plant let alone 4.My laws are changing here soon to and I need to get the most out of this next grow it could be my last.

M

mrdizzle

Thanks for stopping in DD, I will drop the temps down, not trying to risk any root problems. I def wont be making that mistake again with the watering,, rockwool only holds so much water, esp topfeed, gravity keeps them from oversoaking and your giving them fresh h2o rich water the whole time. I've been learning a lot of little lessons, from little mistakes. Im hoping my next run with blackberry kush will be epic.Thanks for all your help and Im glad your sticking around.

Nedmark
Im sure the cooltubes take some lumens, not sure how many. For me, keeping the room temps lower is more important right now. I think the heat cost my last harvest some serious weight, making the buds not as dense as they should have been.

I have 1-10" hydrfarm booster fan, 661cfm 54w at outside the room blowing, then a 6inch cap fan pulling at the end of the cooltubes, and one bulb still bare. the room isnt hot, it feels great in there and the plants are soo healthy looking, really incredible

these plants are much tighter than the caseys. more of the plant will be in the sweet zone so Im hoping for some great result

M

mrdizzle

I forgot to add, the center plant, I really trained the branches out, and usually down a square on the cages and I love the way the plant grew out and filled in. I think thats how I will move forward in my next grows, it really opens the plant up. even though that plant was on the verge of death it has come back pretty amazingly

D

doubleds

Thanks for stopping in DD, I will drop the temps down, not trying to risk any root problems. I def wont be making that mistake again with the watering,, rockwool only holds so much water, esp topfeed, gravity keeps them from oversoaking and your giving them fresh h2o rich water the whole time. I've been learning a lot of little lessons, from little mistakes. Im hoping my next run with blackberry kush will be epic.Thanks for all your help and Im glad your sticking around.

If i can make a (reccomdation?) bro.... Stick to 1 strain and learn it bro. Grow it at least 5 times and make sure your getting the same plant if your not taking your own cuts. Then you will be ready to do some serious damage. You will do things each grow and notice if the plants like it or not.

eg. it was the forth week of flowering about 20 grows ago, i went into the chiller/res room and the ppm's were sitting at 1200 so i went to boost them up. Completely forgot what ppm i was at and dumped 4 cups each of a and b bloom. The phone rang, started a conversation and forgot about what i had done. Next morning i arrive back 1 hour b4 lights off and see the ppm's are at 1900 ppm. I panicked and went into the flower room to see the damage and wow.... the buds exploded, they had grown like crazy in 12 hours. I left it go again and the next morning i had some claw and discolored fan leaves.
i lowered the ppms back to 1300 and all was fine.

What did i learn

1) g13 loves the 1900 ppm but only for 1 - 12 hour period a week. Lots of extra growth equals lots more weight.

since that happened i have been doing this weeks 3 - 8, one of the building blocks that got me 2 - 4 lbrs.

I found it works for every indica strain i have tried, ppms are different in max amounts but the principle still applies.

i wouldnt have got all this info if i was growing a different strain everytime. Once you have truly mastered 1 plant all the rest are 60% easier to master.

hope this helps

dds

M

mrdizzle

I totally agree. I had planned on running that casey forever but realized that no one really wanted it around here. My second run with casey I kicked the ppms up to 1400 from 800-900 my first run and the buds are huge. Im going to stick with the bubba and blackberry, and really work them. I ran bubba for 2 yrs and every harvest my weight went up, sky is the limit with this system

Top Bottom