mrdizzle's 3rd mpb style jock bubbakush style

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
damn dizzle those are some straight up trees...nice work man,final numbers? can't wait to make the switch..keep up the inspiration!

A

amstercal

Mr D--do you have any harvest pics? I know you finished this a bit ago, but I'm sure those pics are sweet! Missing the ending of a good story.

M

mrdizzle

those pics on the last page were the plants right before I harvested them. i dont have any nugs left to take pics off but I will be harvesting the blackberries in about a week and I will post some pics, barnone the frostiest plant I have ever seen

A

amstercal

can't wait. vicarious enjoyment.

and northone--what is that??

E

easypleasie

Yo Dizzle, you gonna start a 5th mpb jock thread? You've got more experience than anyone else running this system on this forum so lots of folks are following your grows. Have you hit the 2lb barrier yet? Would love to see your girl with the training you've done. I noticed opening up the plant like a blooming onion really promotes a lot of growth with the inside branches...almost too much in my case.

north, looks like top feed only is kicking ass! I can see why the G is such a huge yielder with colas like that. That chem looks amazing!

M

mrdizzle

its hard to say, I have not hit over 2lb per plant average, my first run I hit the gpw club, and have been getting around 6-7 off the 4 lights since. But I have been running kush, which is a horrible yeilder, so to get 1.5per plant with half the plant lit is great too me.

the way I look at my rooms are, my 5 plant room is really only a 3 plant room, as the 4 outside plants get stripped in half because they are only getting light from the one side, if you use that logic, my first run I almost got 3 per plant. I know if I had a differnt layout, where I could allow each plant to get light from 3 sides, the 2lb plant is fairly easy. I really need to be running 6400w per room with 600w behind the 4 outside plants, or a 4 plant 5k room. until I have each plant getting hit from 3sides at least, I am kind of using the gpw ratio over the plants yeild. I would like to be able to just weight the center plant dried to see what it gets but when Im trimming I could care less I just want to get that shit over with haha

also Im not running co2 at all which I am sure would help the yeild a lot. I have been about to dial in the system quit a bit since my first run, but that mostly has to do with training the plant to max out my lights, thinning the inside to me has helped a lot.

with my old flat garden, running 144plants on 4x8 tables, my highest yeild ever was 12lbs off of 8lights with bubba kush. I am now able to get those yeilds with 10 plants. that is priceless to me. I have 23plant total in my whole house and half of those are cuts or a ft tall in veg. that is bliss. I have been harvesting and transplanting the same day too which is amazing

I would love to get some Chemdog D or another quality yeilder in this system to see what it could do. the casey was nice, my second run of it yeilded almost 7 and they were 1/2 the size of my first run, all the buds just got bigger

I will get some pics of my 5th run up, it just turned 14day into flower

M

mrdizzle

looking nice northone, what type of yeild did that plant pull

M

mrdizzle

Well saturday I realized I had a problem. about a week ago I had left my top feed unplugged by mistake. when I realized it I plugged it back in, which was a big mistake. the roots that were in the top bucket getting feed by the top feed dried up and died. when I turned the topfeed back on the dead roots turned to mush aka root rot. nothing too crazy, no stinky or really slimmy roots but another day or two and I would have been fucked

I was able to drain the system, and add 3ml per gallon of 35% h2o2. Then I added another 1ml per gal today. I am going to drain the system again and add some bobs brew which is like hydrofungicide. The good news is I think I caught it before It go crazy, it only effected my center plant so hopefully I have it under control and wont loose too much yeild. they just turned 3wks today so time will tell

I should have know when I tried to pluck some fan leaves on thursday the center plants leafs werent snapping off like the other plants, I should have known right then.

big lesson learned thou, if you kill the topfeed, then keep it killed

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Damn! Sorry to hear bout your little problem.
At least it is one more thing learned to add to the MPB rule book.
Thanks for sharing with us in your time of Doh! :doh

M

mrdizzle

yea I could slap myself. espeically for not doing anything about it thursday when deep down I knew something was up

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Bummer. I know whenever I don't trust my instincts and it bites me in the ass, I get the wanna slap myself itis as well.

HG23

HG23

What up dizzle,

Sorry to hear about that center plant. How long total did you leave the top feed off, an entire week?

M

mrdizzle

it was a couple days, maybe 2 or 3. Its def hard to get root rot in this system, as all the other plants roots are white and sexy, the high level of DO makes life for root rot difficult.

things to look out for concerning root rot is, yellowing of leaves, a softer feeling stems or leafs and of course brown( real brown not nute brown) roots.

I plucked the yellow leafs off yesterday and they had a snap back to them so hopefully I saved it. I killed the top feed so any of those dead roots will be out of contact with the water.

E

easypleasie

Damn bro, crazy about the top feed. Glad you caught it in time. And good tips, too.

What are your thoughts on the 10" netpots vs. the 3.5 gallon buckets? I'm thinking about trying the buckets next run.

M

mrdizzle

you know, if I was vegging in bucekts I would use the 3gallons no doubt. I really like the net pots thou because they sit only about a half inch in the nutes so the roots were swimming in 4days. the buckets take me 2 weeks to get swimming, but the water level is about 3-4inches up the buckkets. design flaw on my part but its all good

I like the smaller buckets with less nutes in each bucket. faster flow, less nutes to chill, and a high DO ratio. Im moving shop in a couple month so I will change things out a bit. I really like the uniseals like you got and the smaller tubs.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey dizzle, nice catch on the root rot..good advice on the feed..so what do you think as far as tub size vs bucket/net pot size..what would be your ideal sizes for both?

E

easypleasie

Thanks for the feedback, dizz. I'm definitely gonna try the buckets next round, especially since I veg in them. The netpots are too full of roots in my system and barely draining, even with the slowest trickle. Gotta put the top feed on a cycle timer now.

The uniseals rock, bro. No problems whatsoever. I'm gonna cap the existing drain holes on the mini-res and drill new ones out to accommodate the bucket depth. Should be even less water to chill. Either that or I can add a spacer on the bucket to raise it a little. Can always go back to the original drains if it doesn't work out. You could do the same on your tubs. And yeah, the smaller bins are great for all those reasons :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom