MT 1st annual caregivers cup results

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Well my eyes are crossed and I am pooped. This event was the SHIT! Everyone that showed up seemed very excited, I am going to be writing a detailed article of the evening and highlighting a bunch of different strains, as for now I will give you the results. One thing that will be changing the next time, is that we will be doing a three day event to allow everyone a little more time to make a proper decision. I must say that EVERYTHING WAS A WINNER! I really mean this every single entry was amazing, I'll stop talking now and give you the results:

THE WINNER: GRANDADDY PURPLE, BY NATURES PALLATIVE

1ST PLACE: GRANDADDY PURPLE-NATURES PALLATIVE :32.34
2ND PLACE: PURPLE ERKEL- jason 32.17
3RD PLACE: BLUE CHEESE- THREE RIVERS FARMACY 31.88
4TH PLACE: CHOCOLOPE: BG caregivers: 31.545
5TH PLACE: OG KUSH: SPENCER: 31.22
6TH PLACE: PURPLE COLE TRINITY: NATURES PALLATIVE: 31.107
7TH PLACE: JACK HERRER: JIM: 30.866

I will be posting the rest of the results later tonight. Congratulations to the winners, I need to get a hold of you for our article, so please contact me by thursday. Thanks to all who participated!

C

cornfed69

:bongsmi:Congratulations to ROB at Nature's Pallative you got it going on bud!

J

Jim Lehey

Nice. Congrats Rob, well deserved. The "H5 break" takes it. haha, I hope that's mentioned in the article.

diSPENCERy

diSPENCERy

I definitely thought that natures GDP was some fire for sure. It had the highest marks on my page. I enjoyed partaking with everyone and having the opportunity to meet those of you that I did. The entire experience was really beneficial. It was awesome to be able to try so many different varieties. Congrats to everyone, it was some very difficult and close decisions.

I need to get a hold of you for our article, so please contact me by thursday.

Didn't know if this would apply to me, anything you need to know, 406.544.6669 is my number.

-Spencer

L

Luck Dragon

I was wondering how you guys totaled to point system for theses winners because I gave the blue cheese a score of 39.00 pts which is a lot higher than the winner and is a higher result than shown.

diSPENCERy

diSPENCERy

I was wondering how you guys totaled to point system for theses winners because I gave the blue cheese a score of 39.00 pts which is a lot higher than the winner and is a higher result than shown.

I don't know for sure... so just a guess, but I think the results were totaled and then divided by the number of total judges to give each strain an overall average score.

L

Luck Dragon

I must say that the cup was the shit!! EVERYONE!! there brought nothing but the best bud it was so nice not to have a single bad cut AT ALL!!! I would also like to get a huge shout out thanks to Kootenai Naturals one of the dopest homies around for all the help and support to make this thing happen and to Three Rivers for the LONG awaited Zoo Town Cup! To all the other particapants you guys were the shit I hope We can all do it again as soon, I've already started six new breeds for the next competion ,Til then keep it green and frosty.

N

naturesbest

well thanks to vic and three rivers for putting this together it was a lot of fun and some very good growers/strains out there. but there was a deffinit h-5 break...lol but i half ta say that the b.cheese and jims jack where both very tasty that you for the invite vic and btw nice ta meet ya...and to the homie that let us use his place THANK YOU DAINE with out you this might not have happened

G

googotmegoing

SanVan,

anyway you can post a key for all the strains??

i cant wait to do the next one! hope were not limited to one a year!!!!

L

Luck Dragon

no That can't be how because A. there were more smokers/judges than there were entries and B even Vic and those guys said at the beginning that there wasn't enough samples to even fill the bags . I put in four entries and got back three bags of samples and in ALL three bags I didn't recieve 2 of the entries. I'm mean don't get me wrong I had an AWESOME!!! time and I just wanted the whole thing to happen just to get social networking with all the local best of the best finally but I was expecting a lot more of a professional approach to the actual collection and grading systyem.

L

Luck Dragon

No we are not limited to 1 a year I have already started on my next set of entries and if someone else doesn't put one together in the next 3 months here in zoo town again I will be putting it together myself.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yes this was the first event and we had our problems with the bags but really boils down to simple human error. This event was a little scary to be doing, so all I can say is that the next one will be better. I am planning on June, and keeping it annual from there. This way we don't have a whole bunch of outdoor and still are able to do the event outside. It will also need to be a three day event, one in which samples are handed out on friday and then final judging on Sunday. I want to do it at Lolo hotsprings, but I will need a little time to plan this one out, and a whole lot of help too! So please volunteers welcomed! Anyhow I am posting up the master copy with all the scores right now, I will hope that everything will be better the next time around.

I must give big props to kootenainatural for giving us a venue and I must thank everyone especially bakedreality and fractalluvbuds and all the contestants without them this would not have happened. I want to go into detail about the event, but I am in the middle of writing an article for Cannabis Now. I do want to say quickly what I enjoyed and in no particular order: strawberry dog, blue queen, the white, all the jacks, and I loved the gdp that won.

This was a great event and I once again want to thank everyone for attending. Here is the master list:

Blue cheese (c4) 31.866
Vicsfruit: (B8) 29
G-13 (o1) 27.3
Blue queen (b1) 26.93
white urkel (g3) 27.26
green crack (d3) 30.1875
ob1 (j5) 28.083
white widow (c8): 28.34375
Bubblelicious (e9) 25
Goo (f3) 27
Jack Herrer (j2) jim: 30.866
Pure kush (k2) 30.42
Hawaiian Mist (g9) 29.1875
Bruce Banner #3 (q1) 28.94
Purple erkel (c9): 32.17
og18/skunk (m3): 25.3
Romgod (r9): 27.625
Jack herrer randy (b3) 30.71
White Queen (w5): 23.8
medijuana- (x3): 24
Purple cole trinity (z5): 31.107
Bubba Kush- (n9) 28.666
Jack Herrer (nature) (q5) 30.85
Sensi star (t-5): 29.34
Grandadday purple (h5) 32.34
Pelli (mt) 26.6
strawberry banner #5 (z3) 26.63
the white (w8): 29.65
gdp (z8) 30.
chocolope (x8) 31.545
strawberry dog (v1) 27.46
strawberry x18 (v2) 25.29
trainwreck (v3) 22.7
sharksbreath (v4) 23.66
O.g.Kush (A1) 31.22
Silver Tip (s5) 29.38

There were some people who either did not get certain samples or just forgot to sample some things so I figured that the average score was the most fair. Most everybody got to sample everything, there were some mistakes but that was expected I think. Anyway props to all of you and thanks again for showing up!

L

Luck Dragon

Mt cup

That is excellent news to hear about the next cup! I already have some specialty in house breeds started. I must say I did really can't wait!!! Keep us all here informed. Here is a preview of the one I call Zoo's Candy . Its a Mendo X Blackberry Kush.

Jakes candy 002
highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Congratulations everyone! Good job on getting the first one done. Too bad I wasnt able to make it but I will definately be there for June. Glad to see that the Purple(s) represented, I was going to enter the Purple Erkel myself and will soon have the GDP. Heres the girl I was going to enter.

Urk zoom1
F

fractalluvbuds

Wow!

I have to say that this event was a blessing and a half!!!! It was an absolute pleasure to have been able to participate in this mind bending and jaw dropping event. I met some very talented individuals with some magic in those green thumbs. I learned a lot and am very thankful to have had the pleasure to try a variety of the highest quality cannabis in Montana. CONGRATS H-5 I voted high for the GDP as well. Well deserved. Thanks kooteneinaturals for the Hospitality and wonderful smoke, And thanks again and again Sanvanalona for all the efforts, hard work, and positive motivated attitude to get this event goin and complete!!! kudos! All the strains have been a pleasure to smoke! Thanks to all of you I met and didn't get a chance to formally meet for the efforts and hard work into this beautiful plant! And that brings me to a BIG thank you to mary jane herself, for being such a profound benefit to humankind and existing in balanced symbiosis with us to transcend medicine and lifestyle culture.

L

Luck Dragon

So, I know that this thing happened last year, and there was something like 15 strains entered last year.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=508666105#!/event.php?eid=138295146238317

Goldenleaf caregivers sent me an event invite on facebook today. They set their date for the 18th of June.

Any thoughts?

Your talking about the Cannabliss cup this is a commercial event that happened last year and is pretty much open to everyone. I was invited last year and did not attend.This year I am attending. This is the results for the MT GROWERS cup and the event was pretty much invite only unless you were here on the forum.This event had 36 strains.The next one I plan on entering 8-10 entries alone.

diSPENCERy

diSPENCERy

This is the results for the MT GROWERS cup and the event was pretty much invite only unless you were here on the forum.

I know. I was there. Mostly I was addressing any thoughts concerning the timing of their event and the timing of the next growers cup.

L

Luck Dragon

I know. I was there. Mostly I was addressing any thoughts concerning the timing of their event and the timing of the next growers cup.

oh sorry dude thought you were asking something else. I would have to say that this group of people don't really consider the cannblis cup a good cup at all compared to theirs because most of their stuff is just like an actual Cannabis cup most all the contestants are usually chosen to compete because of their work through the grape vine and the rest are some times a few stragglers but all the weed that is tested has to go through an approval process to make sure the quality of the product is even up to par to compete.Not just any ordinary grower get in.You have to be good! Not to mention they put out 3-4 times the amount of strains than the others do.They really focus on the herb aspect of the cup. I think what I liked the most about the first Growers cup was it was nothing but tasting and testing no side shows or events or bands, just testing. what a cup is all about.I think that is honestly why I was turned off from the cannablis cup,the commercial aspect of it selling tickets to the event.I think they would like to make them selves the leader of the pack when it comes to being the actual cup of montana.Nothing but growers.However I will be going to the event this year over at the cannablis cup I hope we can meet up and maybe shoot the shit a little.

M

MaG

it would be cool if at the next cup everyone could have one of their entries be a cutting from the same mother plant... we could have a meeting place in the middle of the state somewhere and give the partecipents 2 clones each or something.. like just bring a mother to sacrafice and everyone that shows up just takes a couple cutting from it...that way we would get to see the same genetics getting grown out 100 different ways... would be pretty interesting i think..and people could still bring a bunch of different strains/entries..
just a suggestion =]

Top Bottom