• Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Easyrasta

love this girl

P1210027.JPG

E

easypleasie

Hey rasta, got a description/smoke report for us? I'm running matanuska tundra and curious to see if there are any similarities in the smell/high. Got any close ups of the buds?

Thanks bro!

E

Easyrasta

Im terrible at descriptions,
Ill take some close ups soon as I get new batteries for the camera.
It smells very sweet, the buzz is killer. Ill try and find more for you
Thanks for the interest &
Peace
Ez

E

Easyrasta

Dug this up at another site:
Originally from greg greens cannabis breeder's bible, pg 116-117, printed 2005

"MATANUSKA VALLEY THUNDER****

The matanuska valley in alaska is a wonderful place to visit. alaska became a very popular settlement for hippies who had left the cities in america and canada to travel the world. most of them wanted to grow pot when they got home from their tour of the globe and so alaska seemed like an interesting place to settle down in. today you find that alaska is home to a large cannabis community. it is very common to find whole villages and towns that like nothing better than to sit down and have a spliff. there are many people who live the hippie life in communes there or deep in the woods with their families in log cabins they have made. these people are not poor or neglected parts of the community. they are people who have chosen a more relaxing, natural and healthy way of life.

in the '70's, work began on a strain that could withstand the extreme climatic conditions of alaskan cold weather. since sativa and indica plants are rarely found growing naturally in the wild in countries that have a cold climate another species would have to be used. ruderalis is a very popular species of cannabis found in cold climates. ruderalis was used in the development of MTF because of its thick leaves and weather-proof sturdiness. the alaskan people started to cross ruderalis strains with high-yielding indica plants. the result was a new strain of the indica-ruderalis species called MTF.

MTF is very popular in canada and america because of its high-yielding produce and heavy stone effect. however the plant has auto-flowering values which do not make it very popular among all or most growers.

the other factor you should know about is that the original MTF is only available in clone format. there are no seeds because the original creator of this strain did not release seeds onto the market. the original creator of this strain probably found a good mother plant and did not true breed her traits because there was no need to do so if the clone format was the only release he or she was going to do. the original propagation of the strain took place in the matanuska-suisitna valley, and was done in clone format. since then many breeders have tried to replicate the strain by breeding more indica into the plant. i have heard many people claim that there is now a version of MTF called MT on the market. i have seen this strain and it appears to be a new hybrid version of MTF. it is more indica in appearance and contains to visible traces of ruderalis, although it does have a hint of some auto-flowering properties.

it is nearly always the case with successful clones. since clones do not require any homozygous breeding the breeder who wishes to continue the strain via cloning will have to work very hard to stabilize a hybrid strain of it. one possible way of doing this is to find one of the parent plants that the MTF came from. the parent could then be used in a backcross to create seeds that resemble the original MTF mother plant with some variations. the breeder could then try to lock down the traits that most represent the original clone mother. it appears that there are many breeders out there who are working on such clone strains.

E

easypleasie

Thanks for the info. I haven't read that one before. Glad to say I don't have any ruderalis traits in mine lol.

Do you smell any chocolate in your bud? That's the description I always read but mine doesn't have that smell at all. It's very sweet/fruity smelling to me.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
i have some MTF x sensi star seeds that iv been thinkin about poppin but i havnt read any good info lately on MTF. if they smell like chocolate that will be a little different. kinda like the coffee flava in bubba......those buds look nice though man :)

Top Bottom