Mulders Chart And Soil Nutrient Interaction

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Antagonistic nutrients have a negative effect on the uptake of other nutrients. Possibly you have seen that an excess of Phosphorus (P) creates an imbalance with Iron (Fe) and Zinc (Zn)?

Some nutrients do the opposite and their presence has a positive effect on the uptake of other nutrients. These are called Stimulant Nutrients and an example of this is would be when increasing the nitrogen (N) availability to the plant, it will allow the plant to take in more magnesium (Mg) and up the demand for it. To show this we have the Mulder Chart.
Mulders chart and soil nutrient interaction

And one for minerals as well
Image006

This graph shows us as an example that Sulfur stimulates Calcium, Molybdenum and Copper availability to the plants and how Zinc and Molybdenum both stimulate Sulfur.

Liebigs Law of Minimum Yield comes into play when you look at the whole picture and how all 14 of the essential elements for plant maximum yield.
Mulders chart and soil nutrient interaction 3

Here is a great link that explains some of this.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/playing-rules-biochemical-sequence-nutrient-caitlin-blackman

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Antagonistic nutrients have a negative effect on the uptake of other nutrients. Possibly you have seen that an excess of Phosphorus (P) creates an imbalance with Iron (Fe) and Zinc (Zn)?

Some nutrients do the opposite and their presence has a positive effect on the uptake of other nutrients. These are called Stimulant Nutrients and an example of this is would be when increasing the nitrogen (N) availability to the plant, it will allow the plant to take in more magnesium (Mg) and up the demand for it. To show this we have the Mulder Chart.
View attachment 651547
And one for minerals as well
View attachment 651548
This graph shows us as an example that Sulfur stimulates Calcium, Molybdenum and Copper availability to the plants and how Zinc and Molybdenum both stimulate Sulfur.

Liebigs Law of Minimum Yield comes into play when you look at the whole picture and how all 14 of the essential elements for plant maximum yield.
View attachment 651549

Here is a great link that explains some of this.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/playing-rules-biochemical-sequence-nutrient-caitlin-blackman
Great info!!!

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

fucken crazy cats cradle pattern lmao, getting back on topic though imho this thread should be stickied by the mods and kept as a go to thread for informing gardeners!

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

How the hell do you make sense of those charts? I'm a reasonably intelligent guy but, with this disease and my age and maybe being so high all the damn time I am slipping a bit but, I just see a jumble of lines when I look at them.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

they add flourides to the public water here............drives me nuts, i wont use it anymore honestly, R/O water is free at my CO-OP.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Fluoride occurs naturally in groundwater so Im thinking it wouldn't be the worst thing but I think the fluoridated water is a byproduct of aluminum (not positive.) Does an RO filter take out fluoride? .

@Papa Indica Did you read the ladies blog I linked? It may help explain a little better than I could. It is a serious mindfuck but it makes sense if you just look at one element at a time and see the symbiotic relationship that it has with others by following the lines.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Certainly the mineral chart is not as helpful to the flower gardener as the nutrient one. @papaindica This chart shows how an excess in Potassium can help free up Mn and Fe but it decreases the availability of Ca, Mg, P, B and N and potentially give you deficiencies as a result even though it is still present in the soil..

Mulders chart excess k e1465939732543

OkieThunder

OkieThunder

I was getting my compost tested and it was very excessive in phosphorus and I was having micronutrient problems all the time. I started using greensand for Mn and Fe but it just wasn't enough. I think that this is why the barefoot hippies compost deep rooting plants with their manure compost. I found Lambsquarter growing on my property and I started using in my compost this time around, but I'm still fairly new to the idea.

Top Bottom