As Designed Multi-quotes?

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can do it if I c&p, either onto a .txt file or into each new quote box/window, but is it possible, will it be possible, to add a multi-quote feature in the future? I've done some searching on the subject and haven't found anything discussing it.

I often multi-quote.

waayne

waayne

Greetings Seamaiden!

Look at the lower right of the post next to the post #, you'll see Like and Reply
click on Reply for each quote you want to use.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, so I hit reply for each message I wish to reply, and the software will automagically place it into the dialog box for me? Am I understanding you correctly?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can do it if I c&p, either onto a .txt file or into each new quote box/window, but is it possible, will it be possible, to add a multi-quote feature in the future? I've done some searching on the subject and haven't found anything discussing it.

I often multi-quote.
Greetings Seamaiden!

Look at the lower right of the post next to the post #, you'll see Like and Reply
click on Reply for each quote you want to use.
Yes! I understand you correctly!

Was that in the instructions and I just missed it? :o

waayne

waayne

I'm not sure if that was in the instructions or not Seamaiden.

I figured it out by pure accident:)

T

TECK

From the How-To:

Quoting a Post or Multiple Posts
Quoting a post is as easy as everything else is to do on the forums. All you need to do is to go to the post you want to quote and click on the "Reply" text at the bottom right of the post. If you want to quote multiple posts just click on the "Reply" for every post you want to quote.

Guys, take the time to read it... it will help you use all the new board features.

ttystikk

ttystikk

How about nested quotes? I think I saw one recently, but it looked accidental.

T

TECK

What about them? You arrange quotes how your soul likes it. We are certainly not going to tell you how to write your message. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What about them? You arrange quotes how your soul likes it. We are certainly not going to tell you how to write your message. :)

Teck, I did read the thing you posted on it, but I didn't recall. I apologize if this is clogging things up.

Ttystick, nesting.

T

TECK

Teck, I did read the thing you posted on it, but I didn't recall. I apologize if this is clogging things up.
Nah, don't worry mate. We are all human and miss things... I posted the link for others that might miss it also. :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've looked all over and haven't found how one does the nested quote thing. I'm jealous of Seamaiden, she's cooler than me cuz she knows how... ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's a matter of manipulating the BBCode, tty. What I did in the previous instance was hit reply for the two quotes I wished to use. Then I took YOUR quote and control-x'd it (= the 'cut' command), then placed the cursor immediately after the first quote bracket (the bracket at the beginning of the code sequence) of Teck's quoted post, then hit control-V (= the 'paste' command).

I wonder if I can show the brackets... hold on, gonna do a visual here.

[ quote="ttystikk, post: 822675, member: 21947" ]
Ok, doesn't work if used as it comes up in the code, had to add spaces.

I placed YOUR quote immediately after the last bracket ---> ]. That included the close quote code, so that your quote then became nested inside Teck's quote.
[ quote="ttystikk, post: 822675, member: 21947" ] [ quote="whoever wrote this, post: 666666, member: 66666" ]
quotation here [ /quote ]
Gotta close your quotes quotation here [ /quote ]

If you close the spaces and insert REAL member and post numbers, keeping all other portions of the code the same, you'll end up with a nested quote that works.

I still have a feeling that explanation sucks shit.

T

TECK

I wonder if I can show the brackets... hold on, gonna do a visual here.
Just use the PLAIN bbcode. :)
Example:
[quote="Seamaiden, post: 822843, member: 12515"]I wonder if I can show...[/quote]

It will not transform the above bbcode into a quote and leave the contents intact for others to read.

Top Bottom