<Multi Split Ductless Unit Air Condition vs Conventional Home Air Condition >

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

This unit verse ahttp://compare.ebay.com/like/140439852153?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=156276566325&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=WXS%3F&GUID=7538034812b0a0aad2030df3ff11fbb2&itemid=140439852153&ff4=263602_304662

4 Ton 4 Zone Mini Split Ductless Air Conditioner $3,200

4 Ton R-410A 13SEER System Condenser/Air Handler/Coil $1,850

I think using the ductless you would want more points of air distribution thats why I chose the 4 ton 4 unit 36000 (3 of the units ) in flower (9000 vented ) and (1)12000 btu in the veg (1,200-2,200 vented) I am under the assumption that they all have independent thermostats on each unit. And I would assume they all could run at the same time. But if they all need cooper pipe is it gonna be hard to install. Although its 4 tons the outside unit looks small.

The regular a/c and handler I am worried its gonna stand out to much. The outside unit is pretty big and people know the sizes a 4 ton a/c into a 3 car garage for is gonna give it up possibly. It is in my back yard and the a/c would be behind it but I wonder if they saw the ductless it would look like i'm heating or cooling a workshop or are they about the same size. There is a $1,350 difference as well the regular unit is cheaper. Huh decisions ,decisions. Any feedback ?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

This unit verse ahttp://compare.ebay.com/like/140439852153?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=156276566325&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=WXS%3F&GUID=7538034812b0a0aad2030df3ff11fbb2&itemid=140439852153&ff4=263602_304662

4 Ton 4 Zone Mini Split Ductless Air Conditioner $3,200

4 Ton R-410A 13SEER System Condenser/Air Handler/Coil $1,850

I think using the ductless you would want more points of air distribution thats why I chose the 4 ton 4 unit 36000 (3 of the units ) in flower (9000 vented ) and (1)12000 btu in the veg (1,200-2,200 vented) I am under the assumption that they all have independent thermostats on each unit. And I would assume they all could run at the same time. But if they all need cooper pipe is it gonna be hard to install. Although its 4 tons the outside unit looks small.

The regular a/c and handler I am worried its gonna stand out to much. The outside unit is pretty big and people know the sizes a 4 ton a/c into a 3 car garage for is gonna give it up possibly. It is in my back yard and the a/c would be behind it but I wonder if they saw the ductless it would look like i'm heating or cooling a workshop or are they about the same size. There is a $1,350 difference as well the regular unit is cheaper. Huh decisions ,decisions. Any feedback ?

The mini split is quieter and will use less electricity. The mini split will slow down the compressor if not all zones are calling. If you run a 4 ton conventional split system you will need additional money for zoning the veg room from flower room (about $800 or so) plus install costs. This is because the rooms will need a/c at different times and varying amts. Granted the initial cost for the mini is a lot more but it is worth it. It will cost a bit more to install because each wall unit needs a separate set of copper lines. Also each wall mount air handler for the mini will have a separate temp control. Usually a remote that you set and forget. Any more questions let me know. I am a HVAC pro.

K

KCD

I am new here and need ac for my next grow. I am thinking of a mini split also for flower room and veg room. Trying to figure how much cold air I really need for flower room 16x15 with 9x1000w and possibly anothe flower room next to it 7x14.
Reading about these mini splits has got me looking for the best one out there. They say one can self install but I am not really sure about that. My electrician can hook up power for it.
Anyway, I am brand new here so I will be quiet and follow what ya all are saying.
thanks for the info!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I am new here and need ac for my next grow. I am thinking of a mini split also for flower room and veg room. Trying to figure how much cold air I really need for flower room 16x15 with 9x1000w and possibly anothe flower room next to it 7x14.
Reading about these mini splits has got me looking for the best one out there. They say one can self install but I am not really sure about that. My electrician can hook up power for it.
Anyway, I am brand new here so I will be quiet and follow what ya all are saying.
thanks for the info!

Tell me more about the rooms. Running CO2? Air cooling lights? How many lights in second smaller room? Not a self install.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Its 12000 btu per 3 1000 lights vented from my calculations (sealed room/co2 burner or tank depending on the weather). I was planning to run 3 in my flower room and one in the veg. Using the four unit ductless if possible. I have a 16 x 16 9000 watt / and a 4 x 16 1200 watt veg

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

when it comes to several rooms of cooling. I say get several units to get dial in or check in excell AC. There is dual duct damming for even having different CO2 enrichment all with out having the air exchanged. Also the idea of split systems are 40% more efficient. Talking about that the SEER stands how much you spend a year. I talk to some techs that work on them. They said for moving heat loads you want to keep in a 13 14 seer range. I asked him because i saw a maytag 23+ seer, and the guy said he wont sell it to me because of the "cims in the air and the thing is not made to run 100% at the high of a seer" There is some kind of spray he was recommending from the cims in the air. anti carosion?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

when it comes to several rooms of cooling. I say get several units to get dial in or check in excell AC. There is dual duct damming for even having different CO2 enrichment all with out having the air exchanged. Also the idea of split systems are 40% more efficient. Talking about that the SEER stands how much you spend a year. I talk to some techs that work on them. They said for moving heat loads you want to keep in a 13 14 seer range. I asked him because i saw a maytag 23+ seer, and the guy said he wont sell it to me because of the "cims in the air and the thing is not made to run 100% at the high of a seer" There is some kind of spray he was recommending from the cims in the air. anti carosion?

Excel air is very expensive. Mini splits are much more efficient than regular split systems if you get inverter type. I think the "techs" you talk to may not be fully versed in minis. You may want to find new techs. If it states 23+ seer then it better because that testing is done 3rd party.

C

ClimateControl

Multi Zone Mini Split AC

99% of the time, if you get a multi-zone you spend allot more than if you just did individual units. When each blower has its own condenser it last longer too. Instead of Multiple inside blowers working the hell out of that one outside condenser.
Hit me up if you need any mini splits, iI can get the multi-zone and single zone at the best prices. (Ive been told I get them cheaper than a contractor who installs them)
:smiley_joint:

Top Bottom