Multi Strain Bed Grow looking for keepers

• Thread starter m4s73r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
m4s73r

m4s73r

Hello everyone, Laziest grower of all time here with my 2 organic 4x4 beds. Our Living Soil Bed is 2 years old with 7 year old soil in it. Then we have the new bed that is coming up on its first year and 3rd run. This is a Hugel Kultrue style bed. It was half filled with aged wood. Found a tree trunk half decomposed that we threw in it. Filled with simple soil mix of Baacto, Compost, perlite/vermiculite and Craft Blend. Just dropped in 4 seed plants. Not going to veg for very long just looking for a couple of good keepers mums for the next year. Thanks for checking it out.

Round 25 lsb
Round 3 hkb
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hello everyone, Laziest grower of all time here with my 2 organic 4x4 beds. Our Living Soil Bed is 2 years old with 7 year old soil in it. Then we have the new bed that is coming up on its first year and 3rd run. This is a Hugel Kultrue style bed. It was half filled with aged wood. Found a tree trunk half decomposed that we threw in it. Filled with simple soil mix of Baacto, Compost, perlite/vermiculite and Craft Blend. Just dropped in 4 seed plants. Not going to veg for very long just looking for a couple of good keepers mums for the next year. Thanks for checking it out.
Nice. We reuse our soil as well. Our current grow soil is about 3 years old. I love your bed. No till?

m4s73r

m4s73r

Nice. We reuse our soil as well. Our current grow soil is about 3 years old. I love your bed. No till?

Thanks, Yep I ran 25 gallon no tills with the soil thats in the Living soil bed for 6 years. Then one day I decided to do the bed and just dumped all 8 pots into the bed. Threw on some mulch and away we went. Ive done 4 rounds in the bed so far this is the start of the 5th.

m4s73r

m4s73r

I do. I favor european nightcrawlers but been looking at some africans as well. I was just turned on to avacado tech and am thinking of playing with that a bit to increase the worm count in a pot of of old soil/stems/leaves/dryed out wormbin remains. As fate would have it the wife bought a couple of avacados and let me run off with one.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I do. I favor european nightcrawlers but been looking at some africans as well. I was just turned on to avacado tech and am thinking of playing with that a bit to increase the worm count in a pot of of old soil/stems/leaves/dryed out wormbin remains. As fate would have it the wife bought a couple of avacados and let me run off with one.
We have an avocado tree outside but the landlord has never cared for it so, bleh.

Reactions: PK1
m4s73r

m4s73r

Well it looks like i was about 3 days late transplanting as all my plants are showing some slight deficiencies on their first leaves. Knew I should have gotten them in a bit faster. LOL

Here is the living soil bed and Kali 47. New growth is screaming. Couple of days ill need to remeasure ppfd and adjust the lights. The soil surface is getting hit at about 300 right now. Lights are strong so need to keep up on that. Not going to do much on these in the way of training other then some apical supercropping to even out the canopy. Once were through stretch ill put the trellis up. Not scrogging, just support since im not topping at all.

Here is the Hugel Kulture and Pineapple Express. About to mow this bed again.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We have a full walipini planned for after we move. The whole thing will be living soil. We will amend as needed.

m4s73r

m4s73r

Nice. Make sure where you set that up you plan for water. Seen a few of those that get flooded out due to rain run off.

We recently updated the hvac system in our house and its way more efficient now. but im running into low humidity and low heat issues. I am ready to get out of these tents. Once I harvest this round then the beds are going to be emptied and moved. Once that room is complete then I can set up the mushroom room and pump the co2 from that into the flower room.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Nice. Make sure where you set that up you plan for water. Seen a few of those that get flooded out due to rain run off.

We recently updated the hvac system in our house and its way more efficient now. but im running into low humidity and low heat issues. I am ready to get out of these tents. Once I harvest this round then the beds are going to be emptied and moved. Once that room is complete then I can set up the mushroom room and pump the co2 from that into the flower room.
We have it designed to drain on its own, year round. It's actually at ground level and the drain pond is where the covering soil comes from.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Big fan of Hugel Kulture. I built 10 above ground beds (2 cubic metres each….) in a recent past life. Used lots of scrap timber from the block.
Upped blood and bone additions in the first couple years whilst the wood was starting to break down. Vegetable growth was incredible and plants became a bit less inclined to water stress. Really good to see someone doing it this way with our aromatic herbs…..

m4s73r

m4s73r

Big fan of Hugel Kulture. I built 10 above ground beds (2 cubic metres each….) in a recent past life. Used lots of scrap timber from the block.
Upped blood and bone additions in the first couple years whilst the wood was starting to break down. Vegetable growth was incredible and plants became a bit less inclined to water stress. Really good to see someone doing it this way with our aromatic herbs…..
Yeah I was pretty excited when I came across it. I found another guy over on grasscity that has a 3x6 indoor hugel bed. I sort of cheated as i found a 4 ft log that was about 10" thick. was starting to break down and kinda spungy. its sitting in the middle of that. Then we pulled some other sticks of various size from around the area. Mostly maple and oak around here. Added mulch, alfalfa straw, amendments (Craft Blend from Bas) then my soil mix on top of all that. Its been sitting there for almost a year now. At some point Imgoing to have to dig this up so I can move it. Will be intersting to see what its like.
20210225 205615 mfnr
20210225 205637 mfnr
20210225 205644
20210225 205805
20210225 205816
20210225 210330
20210226 183759 mfnr
20210226 184323
20210226 191234
20210226 203301

m4s73r

m4s73r

Couple of shots tonight. Things are coming right along. As soon as that little one there grows some more were going to throw that in a 15 gallon pot. Get it big enough to take 3 clones and we'll flip her with them. If I had 9 plants in there, Id be flipping them in like another week to 10 days. I could even grow them to the size they are right now in 1 gallon pots. Put em in the bed, give em 2 weeks and flip em. If I did 12 in the bed, Id have flipped them 3 days ago.

Top Bottom