Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

Its a great feeling when you're surrounded by weird people, cause then you're not alone anymore..
Nietzsche said,
" Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who couldn't hear the music."
I try not to focus on my hands or face on exploratory psilo traveling sessions..
Lil overpowering for my psyche.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Gave the jars a wicked shake a couple days ago to really bust up the balls of mycellium. Sure didnt lag for very long, looks to be colonizing pretty rapidly now. All the jars look like this pretty much, and it looks like this all the way around all 4 sides of the jar.
20201202 135711
20201202 135721

Fudge

Fudge

£40 for 4 x 1000umg tabs, he seems genuine on dose as he offered me 200/250/500 or the thousand. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Price isn't too bad tbf, but he's charging £150 for an oz of shrooms.
Just keeps hammering it home that I need to get my finger out.
Plus side, I've found a UK source for spores. So Xmas out the way then the plan gets drawn up.
Watching you @Dirtbag has inspired me to take the plunge as you were sort of a beginner ( I know you've had experience of other stuff that helped a touch) and just cracked it straight off from info and help on here.

Cue the many questions I'm sure to have (promise I'll read this thread from start to end Again) before I start though 😂
Screenshot 20201202 123037 Instagram

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
£40 for 4 x 1000umg tabs, he seems genuine on dose as he offered me 200/250/500 or the thousand. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Price isn't too bad tbf, but he's charging £150 for an oz of shrooms.
Just keeps hammering it home that I need to get my finger out.
Plus side, I've found a UK source for spores. So Xmas out the way then the plan gets drawn up.
Watching you @Dirtbag has inspired me to take the plunge as you were sort of a beginner ( I know you've had experience of other stuff that helped a touch) and just cracked it straight off from info and help on here.

Cue the many questions I'm sure to have (promise I'll read this thread from start to end Again) before I start though 😂View attachment 1062983

Right on man! But i havent succeded yet lol. Its getting there and looking good so far, fingers are crossed.
Thats expensive for mushies, but England is a lot harsher against drugs hey? I grabbed an Oz the other night for $80 Cdn. Mind you buddy is a friend, but still he doesnt chage much more than that normally.

Fudge

Fudge

Right on man! But i havent succeded yet lol. Its getting there and looking good so far, fingers are crossed.
Thats expensive for mushies, but England is a lot harsher against drugs hey? I grabbed an Oz the other night for $80 Cdn. Mind you buddy is a friend, but still he doesnt chage much more than that normally.
Your doing pretty well, I'm sure you'll get success even if not a huge haul. I think,, well I Know thats an Instagram postage premium I've paid, any face to face or local at least would never be that price. But the last time I BOUGHT any on the street, was from a new age traveller 20 years ago and got 15g for £3 😂 so I could be wrong, tabs are 3/5£ each maybe 7 years ago.

Either way growing them will be cheaper and Way more fun

Fudge

Fudge

Acid and mushrooms are class A controlled drugs in England!

Weed is class C.

Amphetamine is B, morphine/heroine A, unless your doctor gives you it in some form or other.
Then that's fine?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Your doing pretty well, I'm sure you'll get success even if not a huge haul. I think,, well I Know thats an Instagram postage premium I've paid, any face to face or local at least would never be that price. But the last time I BOUGHT any on the street, was from a new age traveller 20 years ago and got 15g for £3 😂 so I could be wrong, tabs are 3/5£ each maybe 7 years ago.

Either way growing them will be cheaper and Way more fun

Yeah man, as far as hobbies go this one isnt super expensive to start, main thing is the pressure canner.
Ive got less than $200 into this so far, and the ongoing costs are crazy minimal. 50# of grain was like $18... Even the coir and vermiculite are cheap.

My buddy is trying to convince me to add vermicompost to my bulk substrate and pressure cook it. But im hesitent... I might do half and half, 2 shoeboxes with just coir and vermiculite done bucket tek style, and 2 with vermiculite added and pressure cooked. See whats up for myself.

Fudge

Fudge

Yeah man, as far as hobbies go this one isnt super expensive to start, main thing is the pressure canner.
Ive got less than $200 into this so far, and the ongoing costs are crazy minimal. 50# of grain was like $18... Even the coir and vermiculite are cheap.

My buddy is trying to convince me to add vermicompost to my bulk substrate and pressure cook it. But im hesitent... I might do half and half, 2 shoeboxes with just coir and vermiculite done bucket tek style, and 2 with vermiculite added and pressure cooked. See whats up for myself.
I'm very much the same, I like to get good advice but then see the results myself before deciding which method suits me. Everyone is different, what suits your nex door neighbour may not be how you do things.
My growing technique is a mishmash of other people's plus my own twist(ill have to reign that in here as precision and cleaning/following exact steps are needed a lot).
I don't mind set up costs tbh as that will always recoup itself, I als don't mind absorbing costs for a good interesting hobby I like the fact once you're going it seems to be not too much time for great results.

Of course the fruits of labour will be all the more potent after you lovingly produced it.

Teasing myself now( wonder if he's posted my tabs yet? 😝)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm very much the same, I like to get good advice but then see the results myself before deciding which method suits me. Everyone is different, what suits your nex door neighbour may not be how you do things.
My growing technique is a mishmash of other people's plus my own twist(ill have to reign that in here as precision and cleaning/following exact steps are needed a lot).
I don't mind set up costs tbh as that will always recoup itself, I als don't mind absorbing costs for a good interesting hobby I like the fact once you're going it seems to be not too much time for great results.

Of course the fruits of labour will be all the more potent after you lovingly produced it.

Teasing myself now( wonder if he's posted my tabs yet? 😝)

For sure. Once setup, the actual workload is minimal, as is the running costs.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
A quick question about the jar cakes and fruiting. I asked previously about breaking up the cakes before putting on a Perlite bed, but was advised not to do it because there are no nutrient inthe Perlite. If I sliced the cakes into 3 or 4 smaller pucks and fruited those on Perlite... do you think it would help to increase the yield? From my observations, it seems like the more the mycellium is spread out, the better it i as long as it has something to draw nutrients from. Would the colonized cakes qualify as a nutritional substrate... which is the basis for my question. Each puck would be sufficient for a flush and have enough goodies remaining in it.
Of course, this is my first rodeo regarding growing shrooms... the other is old hat by now! Since fruiting is just days away since the jars are pretty much 100% white and fuzzy. So... just drop them in water for a few hours soak and then put on the dampened Perlite substrate in the big plastic tote/bin... and the world will be great again, right?

beluga

beluga

A quick question about the jar cakes and fruiting. I asked previously about breaking up the cakes before putting on a Perlite bed, but was advised not to do it because there are no nutrient inthe Perlite. If I sliced the cakes into 3 or 4 smaller pucks and fruited those on Perlite... do you think it would help to increase the yield? From my observations, it seems like the more the mycellium is spread out, the better it i as long as it has something to draw nutrients from. Would the colonized cakes qualify as a nutritional substrate... which is the basis for my question. Each puck would be sufficient for a flush and have enough goodies remaining in it.
Of course, this is my first rodeo regarding growing shrooms... the other is old hat by now! Since fruiting is just days away since the jars are pretty much 100% white and fuzzy. So... just drop them in water for a few hours soak and then put on the dampened Perlite substrate in the big plastic tote/bin... and the world will be great again, right?
The problem there is that your cakes will dry out way too quickly even in such a humid environment. Much of the purpose of substrate is to keep a micro-environment for your mycelium to thrive in. Perlite shouldn't be thought of as a substrate so much as a part of the environment... I know there's kind of confusing terminology there, but... hopefully that makes sense. Substrate provides a small amount of nutrition + favorable conditions. Perlite prvoides humidity.
You'll be much better off just putting your cakes in the fruiting chamber whole.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The problem there is that your cakes will dry out way too quickly even in such a humid environment. Much of the purpose of substrate is to keep a micro-environment for your mycelium to thrive in. Perlite shouldn't be thought of as a substrate so much as a part of the environment... I know there's kind of confusing terminology there, but... hopefully that makes sense. Substrate provides a small amount of nutrition + favorable conditions. Perlite prvoides humidity.
You'll be much better off just putting your cakes in the fruiting chamber whole.
My jars are pretty much 100% colonized and ready for the birth and fruiting experience. I used a spore syring and it worked great for this novice, but now that one process is ending, questions come up on how to continue this process.
Once the shrooms have sprung, I can get a spore print from them and do it that way, but is there an easier way to clone this stuff that is as simple as using a spore syringe? Is it as simple as taking a chunk of the mycelium and plopping it into another jar full of prepared grain/medium? Contamination is a big concern, which is the main reason I'm asking.

Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

My jars are pretty much 100% colonized and ready for the birth and fruiting experience. I used a spore syring and it worked great for this novice, but now that one process is ending, questions come up on how to continue this process.
Once the shrooms have sprung, I can get a spore print from them and do it that way, but is there an easier way to clone this stuff that is as simple as using a spore syringe? Is it as simple as taking a chunk of the mycelium and plopping it into another jar full of prepared grain/medium? Contamination is a big concern, which is the main reason I'm asking.
I would do a grain to grain transfer to 8 to 12 more quart jars.. from one quart jar.. 1:8 or 1:12 is a little thin but would work will clean spawn and sterile grain.
Fruit your tubs and continue your mycelium expansion creating a reciprocal growing schedule.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Im sure @beluga will have a better answer for this but what my buddy does is take a clone sample of a nice mushroom and transferrs it to agar. He takes the sample using a 16 guage needle. Cuts the mushroom cap in half with a sterile blade then sticks the needle into the meat to get a little piece and squirts it onto the agar.

Top Bottom