Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Been asked a few times where I get my spores, here it is, never let me down.
3 times now:)
00CC6B3C F4BB 4B0F BA04 7DCF78B46393

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

I have the mushroom cultivator book some where.

I was even thinking for convenience sake to just buy a mushroom grow kit. 7g a month could even end being more if they help with my pain.

I was told mushrooms were only good for about a month?

that would be a myth... i've kept shrooms for years and still packed the same punch as a week old... keep em cracker dry and should have no issues.

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

a made a new still air box... much easier to see through than my old junk. i need to get bigger gloves so i can clamp them to the manifolds that i cut from two dry roasted peanut containers!!!

DSCN0283

DSCN0289

took my very first spore print!!!!

DSCN0292

i also got one of my tubs made up and ready but i don't think my grains are quite ready yet, i think tomorrow is two weeks since i inoculated them with spores...

DSCN0291

i'll wait till all four jars look like the bottom half of this one...

still got my brf cakes going... i'm gonna put one of the other strain in the fruiting chamber tomorrow. got a nice fat sack of the first four cakes so far though!!!

i ordered some agar and malt so that will be something new and fun to try!!!

🙃

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

wow man you have been waiting a while now... i was gonna ask you weeks ago if you were in fruiting..

i believe the proper lighting is 5600k 12/12 for pinning then 8 on and 16 off for fruiting.

i'm using 6500k and it seems to be fine.

i have three more cakes to fruit out of the twenty that i started. so far three went to contamination. a few of the first cakes i put in are on their third flush.

🙃

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

i need to find a place where i can use natural light to grow... right now i'm in a closet in a spare bedroom and the room gets poor lighting to begin with so the closet pretty much gets none. i have an led bulb on a timer for now.

i was wondering if i could fruit in my basement?? it's cool, damp, but also has some mildew at times. i have a dehumidifier that i use when it gets too damp but i'm sure there are spores of mold and mildew down there too. do you guys think the polyfill would keep them out if i never opened the lid?
i have windows down there so i would get natural light. and the temps are perfect for fruiting.

the closet with artificial light is very clean and i even run ozone in there from time to time... little to no contams in there.

so i made my first tub of bulk substrate tonight!!!! everything went well, i hope i didn't mess anything up because i am freakin high right now!!! edibles and about two grams of squish through my electronic honey straw!!!! torn up!!!!!! but yeah it went well i used HeLLfiReZ's recipe from page three and it made a few cups more than what i really needed so i'll adjust that down a little next time. my bins must be just a tad smaller i think. my substrate level ended up being about five and half inches thick when i was done. now my air exchange holes are a little closer to the substrate level than i would have liked so hopefully it shrinks down a little and it will be just right. but the field capacity level seemed perfect. when i squeezed as hard as i could i only got a drop or two running down my glove.

i picked up a few of those gasketed tubs during the week and i think i might make a big batch in one of those down the road.

also ordered some lions mane spores to try and grow some gourmet styles!!!

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

You can fruit in the basement no problem as long as its warm enough. Once you have fully colonised tubs they should be pretty resistant to contams at least for a while.

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

You can fruit in the basement no problem as long as its warm enough. Once you have fully colonised tubs they should be pretty resistant to contams at least for a while.

sweet man, that is music to my ears right there!! it stays between 65f/18c and 75f/24c for six months out of the year. the other half i could bring them upstairs or even make a warm area down there like a martha style enclosure or something slick along those lines.

i got another question if you wouldn't mind... when i hydrate my block for another flush, what kind of water can i use? i have my own well, not city water. can i just boil that, let it cool then dunk with it?

😎

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

sweet man, that is music to my ears right there!! it stays between 65f/18c and 75f/24c for six months out of the year. the other half i could bring them upstairs or even make a warm area down there like a martha style enclosure or something slick along those lines.

i got another question if you wouldn't mind... when i hydrate my block for another flush, what kind of water can i use? i have my own well, not city water. can i just boil that, let it cool then dunk with it?

😎
These guys like it warm. Less than 70f slows things down. Just straight up tap water is fine for dunking.

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

These guys like it warm. Less than 70f slows things down. Just straight up tap water is fine for dunking.

yeah i'll definitely need to make something for the winter. we barely even keep the house that warm. especially at night. to colonize the jars i have a cooler with a thermostat and heat bulb to keep it near 80, but to colonize the tubs i'll need something bigger. i have a couple empty cabinets that might work perfect.

I tried my hand at some agar last week. i dusted it with some of the spores from that print and i have some action growing too!!

DSCN0313

my next set of jars are colonizing nicely so far, this strain seems to have a more stringy type mycilium...

DSCN0306

so far so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i appreciate the help and guidance HeLLfiReZ!!!

🙃

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

fruiting time!!!!! very cool man!!!

i use a fogger just like that, i keep mine outside the box and pipe it in but same exact result.

i have mine on a timer for twenty minutes every four hours.... i have no research on that timing, it's just something i did.

my tub always has droplets on the sides so it must be working.

🙂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom