Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

Done, cakes are starting to show accelerated progress at this point.
Biggest mistake I made is using pint jars instead of 1/2 pint. Slows progress immensely.
I’ve got 2 syringes left. I’m on the hunt for 1/2 pints to finish up with pf jars (canning jars are extremely hard to find rite now).
I will be moving on to tubs as soon as I successfully harvest mushrooms from pf jar technique:)
Amazon is great spot to get jars off season. 😉

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
13AA96DA B3CD 475F 897E 644699481673
72B66171 D954 42D2 B179 9C38E4B1CA86

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Unfortunately with the situation this country is in there’s none to be found.
Everyone is canning.

you said it man... with lockdown more people grew gardens this year and canning jars are very slim.. but man you don't need new jars, just fill your up half way!!

things are going smooth here at the luv shack.... second flush is starting to pin....

DSCN0360

get your popcorn ready!!!!!!!

🙂

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
you said it man... with lockdown more people grew gardens this year and canning jars are very slim.. but man you don't need new jars, just fill your up half way!!

things are going smooth here at the luv shack.... second flush is starting to pin....

View attachment 1033072

get your popcorn ready!!!!!!!

🙂
Don’t have a needle long enough to get through the top layer of dry vermiculite.

Fudge

Fudge

Don’t have a needle long enough to get through the top layer of dry vermiculite.

Been lurking a while, going to have a go once ive made a bit of space under the stairs , but i just wondered, could you possibly fill the bottom half of the jar with something , then have your cake on the top half , I dont know maybe pure perlite, just to fill the gap so your cake sits on top. Sorry if this is a stupid idea, im just stoned scrolling through and the lightbulb sort of pinged.

As for the Rona, the only good thing to come out of this situation is the fact that nobody wants to come into my home ! I should have filled my house from top to bottom the first day the virus struck and slept in the attic for 3 months
Ive been waiting for the second wave to hit the UK and I might just go nuts, black out all my windows, pretent its derelict from the outside, and just fill her up.
The downside to it is.... Every man and his dog has grown something here too so theres a lot of very questionable weed going around. Im so glad I dont have to buy and get to just sit and consume my own wares

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Will there be any issues with the dead space in the jar? Off gassing related?

nah, no worries there... it's just a bit more riskier with the cantam because you would be removing the lid, but if you can't find jars and you get in a jam the risk could be worth it.

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

You can get long luer lock syringe tips online pretty cheap. It's nice to have a few diff sizes kicking around. They are reusable to.

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

yeah, a longer needle is a much better option than taking the lid off!! try to get at least a 16 gauge if ya can.

so up until this weekend i have been using an old cooler with a thermostat and light bulb to keep my jars warm during colonization...

DSCN0362

but with winter coming i needed something for the tubs too. so i re-purposed an old wine fridge somebody gave me a few years ago... it turns out the fridge had a heater built into it!! with a circulation fan and vents already in place. so i added some custom lighting and replaced the cooling controller with a heating controller and bam! we're in business!!!!

now i have room for everything!!!!

DSCN0365

i never thought a wine cooler would have a heater in it.... i guess thats how they make em dual temp, instead of making one half cooler than the other they just turn on a heater... so much for efficiency!!!! kind of like when i found out my ice maker in my freezer has a heater!! they heat it up so the cubes fall out of the mold.

but yeah we have been seeing some nights in the 30's and 40's the past few days and i noticed my tub was running slower than before so i hope the extra warmth kicks it in gear.

i hoping the cooler weather will be warm enough to fruit, if not then i'll have to make something for that too....

😎

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

wow you guys are killing it!!! i was hoping my second flush was gonna look like that...

so happy for ya Diesel!!! you've had a whole lot of patience, but it looks like it's gonna pay off!!!

i had a couple chubs on this second flush.... got em on the dryer now...

DSCN0366

DSCN0371

but the substrate is only growing them along the sides... i guess this is telling me i didn't fully saturate the substrate after i harvested... or maybe it's because i damaged the substrate top layer when pulling out the first flush, maybe i should be cutting them off with a knife...

i soaked the middle down just now so i'll see if any pins pop up near the center at all....

DSCN0370

🙃

rabidreject

rabidreject

firstly, its just coming up to/ if not mdhroom season in the UK so il be going on some walks but I also just bought some spores and some grain to make up some spore bags to turn into spawn bags!
love it!

dextr0

dextr0

Shitty tub...but I do it for the prints more than to work a culture.
These are Psilocybe Cubensis var Stropheria. Substrate plain coir. No casing.
C9C838D6 DA9B 4E9F AD6E 00AC783ED5B9

Here are some sclerotia I harvested recently. It’s a little over a qp pictured here. These are labeled Atl7 but recent DNA senquencing has brought to light that the mushroom community has been sharing mislabeled cultures. As such these could also be Tampanensis but with out me personally sequencing it it’s not for sure.
8E50F69D 55EC 4A0D A42E CE6799B2F557
Last but not least here’s a huge 85g Flaccid Penis Envy I harvested.
7568F8A1 FE87 4C6A A389 57380C3D2F24
@stoneyluv You see the black spot on this fruit...it’s pseudomonas. You have it there in your tub too. I personally would not eat those.
You can read more about it here: https://en.agaricus.ru/cultivation/diseases/bacteriosis

Latest posts

Top Bottom