Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

@beluga
The jar is fruiting now, the one you told me to put a plastic bag over with some air holes.
Here’s some pics.
Bottom pick, bottom of the jar,
I don’t like those 2 discolored spots.
Anything to be concerned of?View attachment 1070517View attachment 1070518
I would avoid it, for sure. But any of the fruits that come up should be fine. Can't quite make it out from that pic, but it looks like it could just be metabolites or a contaminant that the mycelium will keep largely under control.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
These are 3 1/2 weeks

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Did my first grain transfer 3 weeks ago, it’s finally starting to take off. Should have went a little light on the grain to shake.
F5BD0B5F E153 4DE1 9AD0 6ABED72064CE

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Doubling in size in three days is a little suspicious, but can definitely happen with more vigorous cultures... depending on what amount it doubled.

Definitely an exaggeration on my part lol. More like 1.5x, basically it looks like its rockin! Very clean and white. Buddy did say it was by far his most aggressive variety. He said it colonizes and fruits extremely fast, and is perfect for dudes like me who likely dont have perfectly clean conditions. In addition, its also super potent apparently.

Anthem

Anthem

How long does it take from the start to see finished mushrooms. Been reading along, one of my buddies was starting to explain the process @Dirtbag is using and he does monotubes. That was where the conversation ended.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
How long does it take from the start to see finished mushrooms. Been reading along, one of my buddies was starting to explain the process @Dirtbag is using and he does monotubes. That was where the conversation ended.
I transferred grain into my mono tubs on December 5,

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
what’s the easiest and proper way to harvest these fruits without harming my base?

beluga

beluga

I'd say cutting with a sharp knife.
Twist and pull works, but it'll put pretty big craters in your substrate and make for uneven subsequent flushes... sometimes it'll give contams an opportunity to take over, as well.

Makes for a cleaner end product. Once you get the hang of it, it goes really quickly. And the stumps give a good even surface to fruit off of.

Top Bottom