• Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
47D499B1 3DE5 445C B980 CB84EE56154F

freezeland2

freezeland2

I was dividing number of pieces of candy by grams of shrooms. Should have been other way around.
So I went to the health food store and got the crystallized ginger, then in the grocery store next to it for the chocolate. Now I got to find my molds. Think alls I have are gummy sized molds though. I do have ice cube tray that will probably get the job done.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Mushrooms to powder form, mix with blendered crystallized ginger chunks.
Roll into a log, cut 1 inch pieces.
Melt chocolate, pour into mold with 1 inch pieces. I make them at about 1-1.5 grams a piece.
The ginger helps yous stomach, cuts nausea in half and hits quick ass shit on a empty stomach:)View attachment 1257975
You were right about that crystallized ginger. Worked like a charm for the nausea. Thanks for that tip.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
yo! those of you that have built laminar flow hoods, where did you source your filter from?

I'm sick of working in a SAB and recently started in on agar work so figure it's time to bite the bullet and build one finally. I'm thinking a 24"x18"x5 7/8" H13 or H14 filter will suffice, but I've been struggling to find a reputable source that's not charging an arm and a leg for a filter of that size. Anything smaller will be cramped for the volume of plates and spawn I'll be working with in the not so distant future, but also am not looking to drop a grand building a 24"x48" unit yet (not to mention not having the room for something that large).

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

maybe something like this

and build it into a tunnel somehow?

I dunno, first one I saw on Amazon know nothing about that one.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
maybe something like this

and build it into a tunnel somehow?

I dunno, first one I saw on Amazon know nothing about that one.
I don't think that would be capable of producing laminar flow, tbh. been doing a bunch of research on how they're supposed to work and most of those units are kinda like those ionic air purifier things -- they serve a purpose but are not effective for our purposes. i've seen a couple super budget builds using comparable units glued to rubbermaid containers and the like, but i'm also looking at this as a bit of a business expense.

planning on expanding into medicinal and gourmet mushrooms and offloading them to restaurants and farmers markets in my area as a side business (something to use my hands and get away from being so technical all the time) so I have a budget of $500-$700 for materials cost to build a unit that'll be more efficient than only being able to process stacks of 10 petri dishes or only a few spawn bags at a time.

plus, working in a SAB just outright sucks. can't see well, it's another bulky thing to store, it's confined, and still susceptible to unintentional air currents. done it that way for years and am over it lol

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Laminar flow. I was not aware you even knew that is a word. 😂
How you been Tobh?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, its a crazy long story, loaded with peril, sex, drugs and abandoned houses.

We're doing fine now.

Top Bottom