music?

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

Does anyone play music for there plants and if so does it really make a difference?

T

Towelie

I was thinking about this as well, couldn't hurt right?

According to 'Myth Busters' death metal is the best thing to play in order to stimulate plant growth.

Q

Qman

Always have, always will. Scientific fact that music stimulates growth

:party0023:

H

headband707

Does anyone play music for there plants and if so does it really make a difference?

I believe it does .. I watched a doc. called " The secret life of plant" if you watch this you might get a better idea of what I'm talking about.. I have worked with plants for many years and there is definately somthing there. Music makes you feel good and if you feel good the plant feels good.

I have one story for you. I used to look after plants and this one lady used to stroke one leaf on her plant and put it accross her desk at work. That one leaf got so big when all the other leaves were 2 ft. this leaf was 4ft. and shinny. there is somthing there..peace out Headband707

B

blueleaf

headbang are you suggesting myth busters should checking plant masturbation ?

S

Spacecadet01

I believe it does .. I watched a doc. called " The secret life of plant" if you watch this you might get a better idea of what I'm talking about.. I have worked with plants for many years and there is definately somthing there. Music makes you feel good and if you feel good the plant feels good.

I have one story for you. I used to look after plants and this one lady used to stroke one leaf on her plant and put it accross her desk at work. That one leaf got so big when all the other leaves were 2 ft. this leaf was 4ft. and shinny. there is somthing there..peace out Headband707

It is true music an focused human energy help growth big time. I have a friend that does reiki on his plants an swears they yeild bigger. Reiki is a japanese form of energy healing/transfer. Either way there i definately think something that should be looked into.

L

LEBDOG

I believe Maximum Yield has an article in this month's issue wherein the discuss this very topic. Anyway, they insist it is proven that sound facilitates the movement of molecules. Understanding this, I would say that the ambient sound normally facilitates this (the earth, the wind, the rain, birds, all sorts or random sound). Reading the MY article further, the ran tests where specifically percussive sounds like a quick snare or rimshot or crack sound caused the plant to slow in growth. Certain classical music did the best.

As far as myth busters and death metal (I've studied & write and play music), they often lack the control to do a truly accurate myth bust. I often consider myself the myth buster buster... I think same frequencies found in death metal can be found in just about any other style of music. Funny, though because the percussive effects will be the hardest in death metal of any other specific general musical genre. This going directly against the information universities around the world have published.

It seems as I get older that everything in life is best in balance. Not with or without something, just the right amount of something. Often the best way to get the right amount of natural things seems very random...

I imagine that the decibel requirement for a grow room with multiple fans will negate any sensible volumes. I think personally that a cello or orchestral music with a loud bass and cello again would probably be the best as the vibrations are within the range of the human voice.

I know talking to your plants works, but I don't advocate doing this beyond simple occasional encouragement. This also provides the addition of CO2 which will give you bigger buds (all know I am being a little silly now right, yet it's again true). Again if you are doing this to excess, I would keep this to my/yourself.

Pickup a copy of Urban Grower or keep writing about it and I'll scan it (the article) in...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My plants seem to like Hendrix The most! I think they also liked to be touched on there tops when in veg also.

H

headband707

headbang are you suggesting myth busters should checking plant masturbation ?

LOL LOL perhaps I didn't explain myself well at this office this lady noticed that the plant a Massangiana (Cornplant) one leaf was reaching towards this woman and getting larger then the other leaves. So the leaf wouldn't break she would take her desk hold up the leaf and stroke it at the same time. The leaf ended up getting very large and when I got the building they told me the story lol. It was a bit weird but it's true lol peace out Headband707

G

greenthumb

i tried classical radio and one of my lowrider#2s just died fuck knows why but now im trying a local commercial station!

L

LEBDOG

I don't know what station you had tuned in, but there was a John Tesh and Yanni marathon on the local classical station here, and that as many know can kill just about anything...

H

headband707

I don't know what station you had tuned in, but there was a John Tesh and Yanni marathon on the local classical station here, and that as many know can kill just about anything...

LOL LOL agreed anything along those lines just about kill my plants and me lol..Give me underground Kottonmouth Kings ,Classified,Grouch,Mr.Cheeks. over that shit any day peace out Headband707

F

frostedlove

I was thinking natural sounds?

There is a bird sounds -natural station on itunes radio..............Maybe instead of music, mimic there own natural world??????

M

mikeyg.

imo ... you need to be careful what types of energies you have around your mystical plants. i play all types of chill music. ...right now is Brahms, and they love it. regards.

B

bastard_x

I had not considered this idea before now but i think i would play reggae in my grow . maybe eve burn some nag champa . But best to be respectful and keep quiet in the dark cycle . We all need our rest you know
(-_-) zzZZ

dextr0

dextr0

The effects of sound on living organisms. Applications in agriculture

just a little excerpt for those intrested...
...If we look at the frequencies associated to each amino-acid and transpose them 76 octaves then we obtain audible frequencies. Those frequencies are musical, to each amino-acid corresponds a musical note. If we look at the succession of frequencies and musical notes corresponding to the succession of amino-acids in a protein and we enters it in a synthesiser then we obtain a melodie. Such a melodie is susceptible to stimulate the corresponding protein biosynthesis. Melodies in phase opposition will inhibit the protein biosynthesis. Proteins who share similar melodies will find themselves homologous, they will stimulate each other. It is also possible that proteins share melodies in phase and phase opposition so they tend to stimulate or inhibit each other...

F

frostedlove

I had not considered this idea before now but i think i would play reggae in my grow . maybe eve burn some nag champa . But best to be respectful and keep quiet in the dark cycle . We all need our rest you know
(-_-) zzZZ

I turn my music off at night for them as well as for me,,cause I jam it for them in the day time....

:banana1sv6: ------ROCK ON MY LADIES------ ROCK ON!

I

IndicacannaJone

Adding this dimension to a pot plant just might make some of us not want to chop them down. Or, at the very least, maybe I might have to thump them in the head so they don't feel the decapitation.

Top Bottom