Mutation... anybody seen this before?

• Thread starter Slowby02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bdubs

You should always fully water the medium in the pot they are in. It is best practice to size up appropriately for best conservation of soil moisture content, not washing out the soil, proper dry backs, and reduces dry soil spot creation.

Lack of moisture sensed by scavenging roots makes them stop growing out. You’ll keep watering the center nearest the taproot, keeping it wet. In turn causing rot in both fashions of overwatered (curling leaf edges) and centralized root growth depicted by the wet zone.

Basically she stopped root growth and she is staggered and confused.

I see you have another plant in a smaller pot resting on top of the soil in the other grow bag. Was this plant ever transferred or wa sit always in that big pot?

Slowby02

Slowby02

This one was just transplanted and has been treated the same as any other plant I have grown but has been wonky from the beginning the moisture you see is where I put some mychorizae after transplanting.. this one on the bottom is the same strain and has been treated exactly the same🤷‍♂️
20240227 082532

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Is there a light or light leak somewhere near that plant during its night cycle?

Slowby02

Slowby02

Thanks for the help... first one i have ever seen like that but... this is my first year growing so, any advice is welcomed and appreciated

B

Bdubs

The need pot size up. They are root bound and causing root stress. My best guess by how you have stretching is either inadequate light or the roots are bound causing stretch, if stretch is your indicator.
At the size of your little plant my 4” grow block would be bursting with roots. I would not suspect anything different until you get them in bigger pots and a week of watching for their recovery. Which would be 5 leaf growth. That 4 leaf is the major signal that she is stressed and unable to grow normally as she grew mutated. Which when top growth is mutated it is root stress. In this case, I don’t suspect overwatering or rot but I would say root bound.

B

Bdubs

Don’t toss her, fix her conditions. More root zone please is what she is saying. Pull her out of the cup and I bet her roots are all over the sides and entangling themselves. If so, repot and wait 5+ days. There can only be so many things with a plant this young.

Root rot could be the other culprit if you don’t have drainage on those cups. The droop ling is starting. When you’ve handled it those leafs will perk up and no longer droop. Otherwise, root bound.

B

Bdubs

Your droop is low oxygen, overwatered, root bound, way too much light. It is one of those 4 things. I suspect root bound and would adjust that first before making any other assumptions and changes. One change, one correction and wait. Just narrow down the most likely stress causing your droop and you’ll recover her. Recover the droop and you know you’re on the right track.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Don’t toss her, fix her conditions. More root zone please is what she is saying. Pull her out of the cup and I bet her roots are all over the sides and entangling themselves. If so, repot and wait 5+ days. There can only be so many things with a plant this young.

Root rot could be the other culprit if you don’t have drainage on those cups. The droop ling is starting. When you’ve handled it those leafs will perk up and no longer droop. Otherwise, root bound.
It's a mutation... i had same thing happen to 1 of my seeds... it's gonna take 2x longer to veg and flower... it will probably herm... yields if it produces will be very very low...

Gonna end up wasting time and NUTES on it.... better of chucking and growing out other plants to compensate

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Not necessarily unless your saying he has root rot.
To put it lightly... it's a genetic defect... it basically has downs syndrome... just only analogy I could think of at this hour

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
Not necessarily unless your saying he has root rot.
That is not good advice, it's a genetic defect like Kash said, toss it before it potentially ruins your crop or at the very least wastes your time

Slowby02

Slowby02

To put it lightly... it's a genetic defect... it basically has downs syndrome... just only analogy I could think of at this hour
That is kinda what I thought .... the picture of the other plant was treated exactly the same with the same conditions and exact same strain 🤷‍♂️ this is my 4th run ever and first time seeing this

B

Bdubs

The leaf in the other cup on the right, in the picture also looks similar to the plant in question. This is a grower problem not a generic thing. Look at the coyledons. At the stage he is at, they should be completely yellow and or brown and dying. They are still green. Too early starting nutrients. Just pointing out that the color and the damage to the leaf of the plant Not in question looks like poop too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom