my 18/6 veg

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tattoojim

hey all.. i was wondering how my 18/6 veg is going? this is the first time that i have not done a 24 hour veg. the plants are roughly 53 days old. and in the pics is a bubba cross. please tell me how you feel about the 18/6 veg...:animbong:

My 186 veg
My 186 veg 2
My 186 veg 3
E

E.T.

i've used it before. never had any issues. great for lowering that power consumption...

T

tattoojim

i've used it before. never had any issues. great for lowering that power consumption...

i just got a 290$ power bill.. which was about my average with the 24 hour veg,and magnetic ballasts,fans ect. now im running digi ballasts,exhaust fan, a/c window unit, and no cfls or t8s. :bong2:

E

E.T.

you can also run your lights during off peak hours. doing both will cut some off the bill

T

tattoojim

no one has anything to comment about how the plants look?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey Jim, you know your plants look good, you just needin' a lil ego boost, brother? :)

T

tattoojim

Hey Jim, you know your plants look good, you just needin' a lil ego boost, brother? :)

honestly i do know they look good, but i feel like for not using floros to veg with they should be bigger. but i think if i ran 24 hour veg with my mh. the plant would b a bit bigger at 53 days. im realy happy to not have any problems this run, besides one plant that has a zinc def..:animbong:

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

The plants look kool to me nice and large. I like the contaners, you can tie the plants side branches and get more light in the middle. Twine and a drill.

ttystikk

ttystikk

The plants look kool to me nice and large. I like the contaners, you can tie the plants side branches and get more light in the middle. Twine and a drill.

Bro! I've been using that technique for over 20 years now, and it's nice to see someone else talking it up! I know SCROG is all the rage these days, but just because an idea is old school doesn't mean it is past its prime!

ttystikk

ttystikk

honestly i do know they look good, but i feel like for not using floros to veg with they should be bigger. but i think if i ran 24 hour veg with my mh. the plant would b a bit bigger at 53 days. im realy happy to not have any problems this run, besides one plant that has a zinc def..:animbong:

I think they look great for this stage of their development. If you're looking for faster growth, I'm thinking hydro is something you should look into. Soil will never match the speed of hydro... On the other hand, hydro is more finicky, and some think the flavor of hydro is lacking.

T

tattoojim

Bro! I've been using that technique for over 20 years now, and it's nice to see someone else talking it up! I know SCROG is all the rage these days, but just because an idea is old school doesn't mean it is past its prime!

have a look at my bankok betty i have been pulling down.looks like a w. a couple of the strains im growing dont loki to b pulled on. my kollosus has split tree time tryn to spread her tight ass apart. that bubba cross will pull it self back tight. the jackberry loves to spread her legs(looks like a spider). :bong2:

Tank333

Tank333

They do look nice bro! My wife and I do an 18/6 veg as well, and we love it. We honestly think it performs better than 24hr veg.

Tank333

Tank333

I do agree with Ttystikk, hydro is definitely the way to go if you want quick growth results. Our girls were about 1" tall when we started them in our Flo-n-gro system. That was on the 29th of last month. At 20 days, they're about 6" tall now.

T

tattoojim

I do agree with Ttystikk, hydro is definitely the way to go if you want quick growth results. Our girls were about 1" tall when we started them in our Flo-n-gro system. That was on the 29th of last month. At 20 days, they're about 6" tall now.

every time i think about jumpn ship and grow-n hydro, i see some one on the farm growing monsters inside and in dirt. i got all new gear for my room,so im still tryn to dail in... thanks for checkn out my thread...:bong2:

Tank333

Tank333

I feel ya man. I have definitely seen some indoor soil monsters... they take a lot of time, but you can definitely do em. I've seen pics from a friend of plants he's seen in 45 gallon tubs. He SAYS his buddy pull a kilo off each one, but i'd have to see that myself...

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

i would say that your plants look healthy but imho they could be bigger. I would suggest to do say 30 days vegging in a 2gallon container and then transplant to your larger tubs to finish off and get ready for bloom.

T

tattoojim

i would say that your plants look healthy but imho they could be bigger. I would suggest to do say 30 days vegging in a 2gallon container and then transplant to your larger tubs to finish off and get ready for bloom.

they went about 30 days in 2.5 quart containers,, but they are on there way. flipped them today..:bong2:

singingcrow

singingcrow

I think they look great! Can you share your planting technique? What size rubbermaids? What is underneath? I like this grow room and would like to know more about how you put it together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom