My Already Flowering Plant Is Growing Balls?

• Thread starter iloveketchup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dewd

Dewd

Just to make things clear. If I remove all the pollen sacks there's no way for the plant to pollenize the other plants?
At first I thought it was a male. But that's definitely a herm. I've never seen one put off that many sacs. If you pull them off she'll just make more. I would say at least move her across the yard. And wet it first so you don't spread as much pollen

BudBogart

BudBogart

So when we were VERY CAREFULLY cutting small sections of that branch off, the 1st snip and shit fell off in the soil and on the ground, but didnt see any dust(pollen). We scraped the area where stuff fell off the branch real good and put it in a trash bag.

Those male flowers on the ground are already opened. I hope that I am wrong but I think that guy has already blown his load and is ready to roll over and go to sleep.

123grow

@ iloveketchup.. sorry I'm not trying to take over your thread. I hope you don't mind my questions in here? ~ So the round balls are filled with powder/pollen? I thought they were seeds? ~Where are those flower things from that are on the ground?

20170826 185905
iloveketchup

iloveketchup

At first I thought it was a male. But that's definitely a herm. I've never seen one put off that many sacs. If you pull them off she'll just make more. I would say at least move her across the yard. And wet it first so you don't spread as much pollen
I'm still considering doing that. It's just going to be super hard to move it because I made the pot out of a table and it's super heavy. But I'll find a way to move it asap

iloveketchup

iloveketchup

@ iloveketchup.. sorry I'm not trying to take over your thread. I hope you don't mind my questions in here? ~ So the round balls are filled with powder/pollen? I thought they were seeds? ~Where are those flower things from that are on the ground?
It's cool. I don't mind

BudBogart

BudBogart

The little flowers are the male balls that have opened and spewed their pollen into the air. The pollen can travel for miles in the breeze.
That tiny pollen blows onto the female flower pistils and calexes, those sticky white female flowers we lovingly call buds. The pollen sticks to the female and a seed develops inside the calex. FYI, if your cleaning seeds the seed casings are the calex. I may not be spelling everything correctly, sorry if so.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Those are what we can nanners. It's from a hermie female plant. Green is ok to deal with. Yellow are matured and possibly contain pollen. On the ground looks like they are yellow and may have opened up.
Look closely at them. Seee if any if the pods opened up.

And hose the plant soaking wet, super wet, cut branches and put into trash bags, seal up, destroy asap. I'd also keep a close eye on every other plant until harvest.

Monster762

Monster762

I have never seen or had to deal with a plant like that before so its all new to me, but a couple days ago (Saturday) I found the same issue on one of our Bubba Kush plants. ~ WTF and OMG.. lol and Holy Shit..
Be careful removing them. Regaurdless of distsnce wind can move pollen a ways and will seed all of your plants. Throw trash bag over it tgen chop n flip into the bag. Some people just wet em down good but id do the trash bag. You can get bunches of seeds but they arent worth saving cause they will hermie too.

D

Dnkcommander

Damage done yall gonna have seeds chop em down if u put it across the yard they will still pollinate the girls. They can reach females moles away just with wind

sixstring

sixstring

omg that one caged plant blew its load on everything around it already.to the original poster,your plant is a herm,and not worth keeping around for most of us.some guys would try to pick off those male flowers and keep it going but it most likely will still seed your crop unless you spend alot of time watching it like a hawk.

iloveketchup

iloveketchup

omg that one caged plant blew its load on everything around it already.to the original poster,your plant is a herm,and not worth keeping around for most of us.some guys would try to pick off those male flowers and keep it going but it most likely will still seed your crop unless you spend alot of time watching it like a hawk.
Ok I guess I will chop that sucka down then. Most of you are saying so I guess it's a good move

123grow

FYI.....You can spray with water before you cut to minimize the pollen getting in the air.
I didn't know that! I thought it would spread the pollen by spraying it? Good to know, thanks for the info. ~Julie

123grow

We ended up cutting that branch off at the main stalk. I think we were too late though, damage already was done? so what happens now? Will there be seeds in that plant at harvest? Do we watch the other 27 plants carefully for the same signs?

sixstring

sixstring

We ended up cutting that branch off at the main stalk. I think we were too late though, damage already was done? so what happens now? Will there be seeds in that plant at harvest? Do we watch the other 27 plants carefully for the same signs?
if thats outside like it looks i think you will see alot of seeds on all plants.that was alot of male sacs open and empty.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If you have any OD growers, be prepared to get nasty looks and or notes. You may have pollinated every mj plant with in miles of your location. And other growers can pollinate your crop as well if they miss a male or hermie plant.

ItalWinston

ItalWinston

Yeah that amount of open pollen sacs on the ground is going to screw everything up for miles around. Mucho seeds.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Man this thread is so off track and jambled. @iloveketchup has a hermie. You can see flowers and ball clusters on the lower third of the plant. 100 percent hermie.

@123grow that is a male. Not a hermie. There is no flowers anywhere. It already busted and probably pollinated everything. It boggles my mind that someone growing 27 plants doesn't know what a male cannabis plant is.

Top Bottom