MY BREAKING BAD MOMENT

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Confu nice thread, and about the ac installation, what would you have done different as far as installing the ac unit, as well as other things that you have learned along the way so far?

We might need a recap of what we've learned so far, if we wait till the project is done to recap what we learned so far, we might forget some of the details or be over whelmed with so much information to compile.

Great thread and input from all the experienced peeps at the farm!
So many things @m8ty, lil things in planning become a big thing during final implmentation:

my lighting control was to far away and i had to spend a extra 100$ and run a few 12 ft extension cords, and i hate doing that.
when framing, the studs need to be exactly flush or u will have waves in ur drywall.
when calculating a budget for a build, add an extra 35% because u always go over and then some.
next time in sted of jus drawing out my floor plan i will mark it off with chalk line or string so i can visually see if it is exactly what i want(veg is to small)
building takes alot of time, and in hynes sight, I prolly should have went with my first idea of twig framing, wrap in plastic and spray foam insulation 3-4 inches thick. This would have cost more in materials but have saved me time and money in labor.
I learned alot about how to drywall, and i never wanna do that again lol.

Next time forget the killz whitewash. Go to Sherwin Williams and get the high build surfacer/primer. Half the price and 10x the product. But looking not too shabby for your first attempt.

@daper
Twice as long, twice as much, everytime. Good news tho I hear money is growing on trees these days. Get er filled and flipped and onto the next asap. Rock on

absolutely @gooey , way over budget and time frame!

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
i apologize for takin so long to add entries to this thread, its been reral crazy around my parts. End of last month was my kids n wifes Bday back-to-back-to-back, its a crazy week and my wed anniversary is a week b4 that, so i was occupied with that and trying to get this finished.
Im officially started as plants are in the big room under the GAVITAS . they are pretty big now so im hopeing i can flip them by the 15th so that will have put me 45-60 days behind schedule. I cant really afford to wait any longer to flip so, hopefully they explode now that they have new shoes and under better lights.
heres some pictures from over the last coiuple weeks and ill get better full room shots today.
20 bags of canna for transplants(half gone here)
IMG 1067

jus getting started
IMG 1068

girls vegging in a small place, this runn will be abusive OG, cant say OG, cant say WIFI, my wifi, and GSC fourm
IMG 1069

still transplanting away
IMG 1075

pretty lights, minus the one u cant see, ur looking at 5400$
IMG 1076

fuck, i felt like a retard hanging the lights, im good with math but dam, it look me several mistakes tro get the lights at a 5x5 ft print!
IMG 1077
IMG 1078
IMG 1079
IMG 1080
IMG 1081
IMG 1082

I was trying to keep the wires neat, but in the end they are still sloppy, ill take more pixs later
IMG 1083

not the finished product, more to come later
IMG 1084

almost there
IMG 1085

starting to set up room
IMG 1086

Thats what i got for now. Ill post more over the weekend.

confu

sixstring

sixstring

Looks kickass to me bro.im a few months behind you and shit keeps pushing it back between work and my sick wife and builders taking their sweet ass time getting my quotes back lol.this build is very cool to watch and inspiring me to keep at it.lookin forward to more updates as you get time, peace

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Looks kickass to me bro.im a few months behind you and shit keeps pushing it back between work and my sick wife and builders taking their sweet ass time getting my quotes back lol.this build is very cool to watch and inspiring me to keep at it.lookin forward to more updates as you get time, peace
Glad to b able to inspire @sixstring and I'm sorry to hear bout u sick wife.

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
some quik pixs i took today, still gotta hang the fans and put up nets.
IMG 1087

my shitty ass drywall job, i was wondering if its OK to jus caulk the gaps or is there something better to do here??
IMG 1088
IMG 1089

i envisioned a much cleaner wiring set up but in the end length of cord was the limiting factor
IMG 1090

6 inch pvc pipe to pass wires from main room to front room. I was trying to come up with something that could b air tight but not sealed up incase i need to add more or adjust wires. thats 1/2 inch stryfoam as a face plate. I caulked the gaps after i took the picture.
IMG 1091

the other side of the 6 inch pvc in the front room leading to the light controller. the controller in on the roof of the front dummy room seen below
IMG 1092

there is my oversized controller
IMG 1093

front room still needs finishing touches and to install an accorden door
IMG 1094

thats it for now fellas.

confu

Billyboat

Billyboat

Looking real proper brotha...it's come a long ways since that first drawing!! Mad props!

When you toss screens up, will you still have isles to work in?

Hand watering?

What about your humidity? Where is the dehuy going and what about a humifider for lights on?

I got an easier way to hang your lights... I bought 1/2" emt pipe and pipe hangers, the pipe hangers drop the emt 1/2" from the ceiling, join multi lengths together and now you can run the 2 rows of emt for each row of lights. now it's easily adjustable since you can slide the light where ever you want it and very easy to change the spacing...

Last edited:
Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Looking real proper brotha...it's come a long ways since that first drawing!! Mad props!

When you toss screens up, will you still have isles to work in?

Hand watering?

What about your humidity? Where is the dehuy going and what about a humifider for lights on?

I got an easier way to hang your lights... I bought 1/2" emt pipe and pipe hangers, the pipe hangers drop the emt 1/2" from the ceiling, join multi lengths together and now you can run the 2 rows of emt for each row of lights. now it's easily adjustable since you can slide the light where ever you want it and very easy to change the spacing...

yes it has come a long way and only 2 months behind schedule lol, thnx brotha. in plant spacing I left 6-8 inch row along the long length by the door so i can access each row of plants, but when i screen it, it will be wall to wall for now. whit that said, the screen shouldnt be an issue since the first screen will start at 4 ft high so I can still use my mechanic stool and roll around under the screen.
Ima hand water until you come over here and get me set ip auto feed. haha, nahh thats coming but it wont be until next round until i can afford a pump that can handle the job. I already got alll the octo bubblers and emitters. the duhuey is over by the door I have a few feet of working room, shelves tanks etc. I got a DriEz 1200 used for 600$, and had it serviced. I still need to get the humidifier asap. the plants went frm 80rh to 45rh when they went in the big room and the big AC started doing its thing.
thats a good idea bout the light hanging, NOW U TELL ME!! haha,

confu

Billyboat

Billyboat

yes it has come a long way and only 2 months behind schedule lol, thnx brotha. in plant spacing I left 6-8 inch row along the long length by the door so i can access each row of plants, but when i screen it, it will be wall to wall for now. whit that said, the screen shouldnt be an issue since the first screen will start at 4 ft high so I can still use my mechanic stool and roll around under the screen.
Ima hand water until you come over here and get me set ip auto feed. haha, nahh thats coming but it wont be until next round until i can afford a pump that can handle the job. I already got alll the octo bubblers and emitters. the duhuey is over by the door I have a few feet of working room, shelves tanks etc. I got a DriEz 1200 used for 600$, and had it serviced. I still need to get the humidifier asap. the plants went frm 80rh to 45rh when they went in the big room and the big AC started doing its thing.
thats a good idea bout the light hanging, NOW U TELL ME!! haha,

confu

How will you manage the top of the canopy?

Get a humifider ASAP! I run the ultrasonic 12 disc foggers, you will need two 12 disc foggers. Mainlandmart has the best deal, buy 4 or more and get wholesale pricing.

I've been running the cheap 1 hp leader pumps for watering.

Even harbor freight has some if it's a semi temp install.

Latest posts

Top Bottom