MY BREAKING BAD MOMENT

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billyboat

Billyboat

The first screen(training screen) was set at a height that me and my roleable mechanic stool can fit u see comfortably. Plants are now set in rows that aloe me to roll in and out.
From my stool I can reach up to just above the top screen so I can adjust plants as needed or foliar. Thanks for checkin in guys. Any questions or comments are always appreciated.

Confu

I totally understand but where I think you may have trouble is that that under the screen is going to become to thick to be able to reach 2 feet up to the tops.

On my horz scrogs there is no way I could reach under the canopy all the way to the tops and actually see what I'm working on, even if I could roll around underneath the canopy. To me it's like trying to pour new oil into a car, but trying to do it while under the car.

I'm still a huge fan of tables that you can roll away in order to access the tops.
I just built 20 of these. (Haven't added the casters in the pic)

But I'm very curious to see how it works.

Cheers

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I totally understand but where I think you may have trouble is that that under the screen is going to become to thick to be able to reach 2 feet up to the tops.

On my horz scrogs there is no way I could reach under the canopy all the way to the tops and actually see what I'm working on, even if I could roll around underneath the canopy. To me it's like trying to pour new oil into a car, but trying to do it while under the car.

I'm still a huge fan of tables that you can roll away in order to access the tops.
I just built 20 of these. (Haven't added the casters in the pic)
View attachment 461174

But I'm very curious to see how it works.

Cheers

Nice table bro!
I've always had screens from wall to wall due to space constraints, never really had a problem. In the past I've built rollers for my trays, exactly like the ones u posted a pic of a while bk (2dollys and a couple 2xs) but in the end once the plants were screened up, there is no moving them except when I had screens built directly on top of each tray, but then I never had a reason to fuck with the plants once they are screened up, except to pull an occasional fan, but that's never a problem to get to.
When rocking 2 screens, the first screen is the one u need access to, to train and such. The secon screen simply holds the tops in place from falling over come week6-9. Don't really need access to that top screen other than an occasional movement of a top or pluck a fan. Not proud of this fact, but I'm used to crawling under plants and screens because I've always worked in limited space. Although this is a much bigger room than b4, I'm still limited on space and funds. I plan on building custom planters and screen them individually but that is not in the budget now. Low key,I'm still trying to figure out how Ima pay next months electricity bill haha. Always appriciate your input.
Confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Any problem will be unreachable.
I wouldn't mention it, but I worried those strings might just get in the way.
Don't they need to form a grid to perform their requisite function?

Love the room, not so sure about the screen.
Sorry I missed ur post @Dunge. To answer ur question,"Don't they need to form a grid to perform their requisite function" I thought the same thing the first time I saw Cap use the string zigzagged like that, but after playing with it, as long as the string is rigid you can train jus like you would with a trellis net. You have half as many places to "tuck" the tops ur tryin to train but I've never had a canopy so full that I needed all that "tuckable" space. Where this netting system shines will be on breakdown day, cutting plants out of netting or caging ISNOT the biznezz. With the snip of the scissors and a tie of the string I can take down a whole row of plants but keep all the others where they need to be. Having plants lean on the dirty floor ISNOT the biznezz. All in all its a functional cheap method that is cost effective.
Confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
At least your an honest man lol last week I hardly had anything to eat but this week im eating good!

I love the trellis system I'll deff have to copy that shit
Glad your eating good this week dude. Keeping it real is just easier than Faking the funk. I'm like O.D.B; I keep shit stank in my draws so I can get funky for u.

Confu

sixstring

sixstring

i thought it smelled funky in here lol.keep at it confu,its coming together nice in here bro.just that one bulb blew right?i would imagine its one of the most sought after bulbs in the world right now so they are prolly crankin em out pretty fast.peace

stonestacker

stonestacker

Sorry I'm late to the show. I just love a good build. You have done a great job. You should have seen my first mud party I had to re tape most of it.
You had me worried that you weren't going to paint! You have to seal drywall or its just one big spong!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you got that cancer thing beat! I'm like you don't worry over the shit I can't control.

Peace and keep up the great work.

HerbieHaze

HerbieHaze

View attachment 457102 I walked into the room this morning to find out one of my Gavitas blew a bulb. Kinda scary , have u heard of this happening @GR33NL3AF ?
Confu
Phillips was the original manufacturer of Gavita bulbs. This year however, Gavita switched to the German company who makes Ushio for their bulbs. Phillips just had a recall on ALL DE bulbs made from Jan 2014-Sept 2014 as they started to blow in a VERY VERY scary way including some fires. I have heard rumors that it was not the bulbs at all but rather the frequency that Gavita is running the ballasts. Did you specifically get Phillips bulbs with your Gavita?

grower4life

grower4life

Phillips was the original manufacturer of Gavita bulbs. This year however, Gavita switched to the German company who makes Ushio for their bulbs. Phillips just had a recall on ALL DE bulbs made from Jan 2014-Sept 2014 as they started to blow in a VERY VERY scary way including some fires. I have heard rumors that it was not the bulbs at all but rather the frequency that Gavita is running the ballasts. Did you specifically get Phillips bulbs with your Gavita?

Great news on the bulb issue, next week I'm ordering 15 gavitas. Makes me feel real comfortable.
What u no about the epaps, HH?

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
i thought it smelled funky in here lol.keep at it confu,its coming together nice in here bro.just that one bulb blew right?i would imagine its one of the most sought after bulbs in the world right now so they are prolly crankin em out pretty fast.peace

Funky bro, funky, haha. yea jus one bulb.

Sorry I'm late to the show. I just love a good build. You have done a great job. You should have seen my first mud party I had to re tape most of it.
You had me worried that you weren't going to paint! You have to seal drywall or its just one big spong!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you got that cancer thing beat! I'm like you don't worry over the shit I can't control.

Peace and keep up the great work.

glad to have you Stone, yea man, i cant believe i almost skipped the painting step.

I heard about that 2 man, crazy, I got the newer bulbs thankfully.

Awesome build Confu....keep at it, I see good things in the future. MGG

Ty mr Greens. Ive been a buit fustrated lately as i couldnt figure out what was wrong with my plants(see below post) but i think i got it figured out now.

Great news on the bulb issue, next week I'm ordering 15 gavitas. Makes me feel real comfortable.
Gavitas come with diffrent bulbs now dude. jus an fyi.

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
So lately ive been having a hell of a time getting my plants healthy, ever since i moved very healthy plants from veg to the flower room, Ive been trying to figure out what is wrong with them. I did alot of reading and checkin all variables and i think i narrowed it down to stale air in a sealed room. I thought buy going with co2tanks i would eliminate the sad plant syndrome people seem to have when the do a big new sealed room. most people Ive read this happening to usually had c02 burners and mabe Ethylene build up but some also had tanks. last night I saw @gettogro post some new trees and he metioned that he was having the exact symptoms in a sealed room (purple stems, strechy. and yellow leaves) but when he took the plants out of that room they perked up. thats when it hit me, Its gotta be the air in the room.
this morning I did my best to exchange air in the room by opening up the door and running my 12 inch inline blowing fresh air in.
I also gave them 24 hr or darkness as today is day 1 of flower. in the past the 24 hr dark period has helped me with sad lookin plants.

they do look alot better, ill take new pixs soon.

Im a embarrassed by the look of these plants but here is what they looked like right before I gave them a 24 hr dark period
IMG 1198
IMG 1199
IMG 1200
IMG 1201
IMG 1202
IMG 1203
IMG 1204

They are wet because they jus got a fulpower/seagreen foliar.
I hope me documenting this can help someone else out. Im gonna be cutting a whole for fresh air and a inline fan soon.

confu

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

So lately ive been having a hell of a time getting my plants healthy, ever since i moved very healthy plants from veg to the flower room, Ive been trying to figure out what is wrong with them. I did alot of reading and checkin all variables and i think i narrowed it down to stale air in a sealed room. I thought buy going with co2tanks i would eliminate the sad plant syndrome people seem to have when the do a big new sealed room. most people Ive read this happening to usually had c02 burners and mabe Ethylene build up but some also had tanks. last night I saw @gettogro post some new trees and he metioned that he was having the exact symptoms in a sealed room (purple stems, strechy. and yellow leaves) but when he took the plants out of that room they perked up. thats when it hit me, Its gotta be the air in the room.
this morning I did my best to exchange air in the room by opening up the door and running my 12 inch inline blowing fresh air in.
I also gave them 24 hr or darkness as today is day 1 of flower. in the past the 24 hr dark period has helped me with sad lookin plants.

Im a embarrassed by the look of these plants but here is what they looked like right before I gave them a 24 hr dark period
View attachment 463054 View attachment 463055 View attachment 463056 View attachment 463057 View attachment 463058 View attachment 463059 View attachment 463060
I hope me documenting this can help someone else out. Im gonna be cutting a whole for fresh air and a inline fan soon.

confu
Glad u figured things out, I had similar issues with my room.. Things to look for which happened to me, co2 being pumped into the root zone due to air pump that was suppose to pump oxygen into the Rez being to low and absorbing the co2, and ethylene build up from a liner made polyethylene off gassing .. From my understanding sealed rooms shouldn't have these issues even from using co2 tanks but for piece of mind I added an exhaust vent which only comes on during the night period to exchange the air.. You may notice more co2 consumption but during the night period ur co2 isn't need and the co2 should be off..
Glad u caught this early, I did the same thing and caught it on flip day, things turning out great even with the set backs..

stonestacker

stonestacker

So I'm still trying to get my head around this. You need to exchange the air at night only to get more oxygen. Or both day and night to keep it fresh?

HerbieHaze

HerbieHaze

Epaps still come with the Philips bulbs, the main distributor in the USA (for the Epaps) had downplayed the severity of the Philips recall and then said it was only happening with Gavita ballasts but clearly it is in his best interest to say this. Now that there are so many manufacturers getting into the DE world (Gavita, E-papillion, Paralux, Nanolux) small frequency differences are potentially dangerous. Philips are just covering their ass but it would not surprise me if this is a problem that may happen with more bulbs. In the case of the Phillips bulbs the problem was that they did not use enough silica in the crystal of the DE bulb. I have tested all of the DE bulbs out there and have to say that the Ushio and now the new Gavita bulbs are the best. The ballasts and reflectors on the other hand are subject to your opinions. I know Gavita matches their ballasts with the Ushio and Gavita bulbs, I believe that Lighting Innovations (parent company of the e-papillion) does the same with the Philips bulbs. So it is likely that that would be the preferable combination.

So in summary... if using Gavita ballasts... go with the Gavita branded DE bulbs or the Ushio ( I love the Ushio's) ..... if running Epaps go with the Philips bulbs. One of these days I will do a full comparison between all the bulbs and ballasts just need to find some time.

HerbieHaze

HerbieHaze

View attachment 463054 View attachment 463055 View attachment 463056 View attachment 463057 View attachment 463058 View attachment 463059 View attachment 463060

confu

I don't think it is "stale air" issue. I run completely sealed rooms which only get their CO2 from tanks or from burners with no issues. Could it be a toxicity?? Like latent fumes from the paint? Are you running a carbon scrubber in the room? I have seen plants look like this when someone used paint which offgassed .. this can also be true of your pond liner. Many pond liners just like the original grow tents which used Poly had offgassing issues, I'd put money on the paint or pond liner. There are way too many people running closed rooms with ONLY CO2 .... true getting "fresh air" will help.. but so would a big 12in inline fan and activated carbon filter which would neutralize some of the toxic offgassing without wasting your CO2.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I dont agree with your statement about paint or off gassing correlating to co2. Ive ran into the problem with none.of those problems. My.problem was my room was so priperly built and sealed the co2 built up at night. It happens @HerbieHaze

Billyboat

Billyboat

How does co2 building up at night harm the plants? I've noticed that I can see peaks at night of 1600-2500 ppm, I've noticed that after a nice drench of a Tea, the co2 levels seemed to peak and I've always attributed that to the soil doing it's thing, and/or being healthy.

In my veg room, I run it sealed, no air in no air out and I don't supplement with co2 either, and it doesn't skip a beat. Pond liner floor and kilz primer with paint on top. I have a co2 monitor in the room just to check levels and it seems to hover at 400-600, and when I work in the room, it can peak at 1500+.

I've never vented any of my sealed rooms at night and I run co2 tanks. Now I have had major problems with propane burners and not burning properly.

I'm very curious about this and the importance of venting at night, even if it's just for a little while.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Glad u figured things out, I had similar issues with my room.. Things to look for which happened to me, co2 being pumped into the root zone due to air pump that was suppose to pump oxygen into the Rez being to low and absorbing the co2, and ethylene build up from a liner made polyethylene off gassing .. From my understanding sealed rooms shouldn't have these issues even from using co2 tanks but for piece of mind I added an exhaust vent which only comes on during the night period to exchange the air.. You may notice more co2 consumption but during the night period ur co2 isn't need and the co2 should be off..
Glad u caught this early, I did the same thing and caught it on flip day, things turning out great even with the set backs..
Im working on installing a inline for night time exchange, but for now im jus opening the door and pointing my 12 towards the room drawing from the veg room, which have no issues in there. thank for @EveryOneSmokes !

confu

Latest posts

Top Bottom