My bubble hash balls are all dry 😭

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Gnick: I've seen some of your hash making videos and may take you up on your offer on my next bubble run in 7-odd months. I will try to clean my bags. I only have this set of 4 bags; they suck and I am very poor.

To answer your questions (and sorry for my odd writing style I was probably under the influence):
The Kitchen rasp was used to shave the wet frozen hash into small pieces to air dry faster:
Img91o

I tried to replicate a washing machine when agitating my material. I did not stir by hand. Filled a 5 gal bucket 80 pct of the way with ice water and plant material. The lid was able to clamp over my 220 work bag with no leaks. My agitation method was to rock the whole bucket back and forth. I spun it right round baby right round. I thought this would be gentler than stirring.

---

The material was dry and a month old when washed. Mostly small buds. Don't know how much I used, couple oz at least. (I was very surprised it did not yield more). They soaked in the ice water close to an hour before agitating. Next time I will do more washes and rinse the hash more

---

To others: try making bubble hash. Even if you don't get great product (like me) the taste and effects are still great. It's not harsh.

---

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Gnick: I've seen some of your hash making videos and may take you up on your offer on my next bubble run in 7-odd months. I will try to clean my bags. I only have this set of 4 bags; they suck and I am very poor.

To answer your questions (and sorry for my odd writing style I was probably under the influence):
The Kitchen rasp was used to shave the wet frozen hash into small pieces to air dry faster:
View attachment 1263061
I tried to replicate a washing machine when agitating my material. I did not stir by hand. Filled a 5 gal bucket 80 pct of the way with ice water and plant material. The lid was able to clamp over my 220 work bag with no leaks. My agitation method was to rock the whole bucket back and forth. I spun it right round baby right round. I thought this would be gentler than stirring.

To others: try making bubble hash. Even if you don't get great product (like me) the taste and effects are still great. It's not harsh.
Wish I saw this thread last week but may not have mattered. I tossed 3 plants worth of trim in the garbage. I had it in back of the freezer for over a month but it could not have still been any good right? How fast would you say you need to use fresh trim to make bubble hash? Is it just common sense and the answer is sooner the better? You shouldn't leave in freezer for weeks or months right?

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Wish I saw this thread last week but may not have mattered. I tossed 3 plants worth of trim in the garbage. I had it in back of the freezer for over a month but it could not have still been any good right? How fast would you say you need to use fresh trim to make bubble hash? Is it just common sense and the answer is sooner the better? You shouldn't leave in freezer for weeks or months right?
I asked this same same question and didn't get an answer.

Apparently you can use old material. Don't know if it should be dried/cured/kept in the freezer. Maybe someone will enlighten us.

There is a difference between "fresh frozen" source material and dried material. I have not done fresh frozen.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I asked this same same question and didn't get an answer.

Apparently you can use old material. Don't know if it should be dried/cured/kept in the freezer. Maybe someone will enlighten us.
well sheep shit 😕 prolly tossed quite a bit of usable shit away then. I had grown 4 plants. 1 seemed to have frostier lookin trim than the rest and weeks ago I took and decarbed and made canna coconut oil with it and cookies and muffins with that. Both ended up not tastin very good at all and not being very strong either. I made the same oil with popcorn nugs and it was much better.
I've started my 2nd grow and definitely need to be ready by harvest to not bein wasting anything else. 1 of 4 cultivars is Blueberry and I really want to break that down and make gummies for my mom and my lady. Shit gets pricey af at disp and is a pain to go fetch, especially in 110+ temps. I have a friend who has a nugsmasher OG and another with a sasquash I think it's called. He said it cost him like 5k and I said WHATT and then looked and sure enough some of them are that pricey. He has NO idea what he is doing, and has never even used it. He said I could use it any time but we'd need to "figure out" how to use it. It is going to be 1 heck of a winter ahead, that is for sure 💪

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
any weed for any length of time drying/curing is fine just a different process kinda, i have no preference but i’m sure others do.. to me the resin head has to ripen either with bubble or dry sift to me, though fresh frozen which i’ve not done is supposed to be tastier (to me probably more like the weed itself which i don’t care for).. but it is what it is, sometimes i can’t wait etc.. but i will say the piece i made and sealed away is better than when i was smoking the same hash 3 months ago and that was after a 6 week cure.. but how much different? a little but i do notice it and like it better..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

View attachment 1263061

---

The material was dry and a month old when washed. Mostly small buds. Don't know how much I used, couple oz at least. (I was very surprised it did not yield more). They soaked in the ice water close to an hour before agitating. Next time I will do more washes and rinse the hash more

---

---
oh your doing it by hand well kinda, definitely if i’m thinking of your method correctly your banging up the weed way to much, have you ever taken a video of it? post it if so..
yep i use the same kind of grater, ok..
a month old well was the buds? like marshmallow? or dry and crumbly? you might if soaked it too long, but i bet your issue is the method? wish i could see it..
so you have bags?
ever try dry ice?
what are your bag sizes? as you would use the one above 73.
to me the best way is to have an area where as you put the ice in and can do one shake each next to each other as contaminate will accumulate quickly, so you know your first two shakes should be pretty good as is the maybe the next 2 would need a cleaning?
probably wouldn’t shake more than four times (obviously depends on amount of weed) but than than the last 2 shakes and put in the 25 micron or you could put all the shakes into the 25 bag and spray it good and hard fir a long time with cold as you can get the water but carefully as to to come out of bag. than freeze etc..
anyhoo don’t hesitate to reach out when ready also..

Latest posts

Top Bottom