My bubblegum 30 days in ...

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Malachi

Well I have been in the market for a new camera, because I was under the impression that the one I had was a pile of shit. (Kodak Easyshare ZD8612IS) I bought a tripod and a few batteries and practiced with the different settings for a while. I may still but the Fujifilm Coolpix that I was looking at. Here are some pics that I took of my bubblegum plant at 30 days in. The last pic is a clone only strain that the guy I got it from calls "Stars". I have no idea the genetic makeup, but it produces a lot of resin and the buds are a little leafy. The wide leaves lead me to believe this indica has a kush / hashplant pedigree. Your thoughts are welcome.

M

Malachi

No brah, i run my humidity at around 75%. I did a lot of reading on how krusty grew and setup his systems. He said that if a plants humidity gets to low then it would close up its stigmas and stop photosynthesis. That makes sense because of the intense light the plant shuts down to protect itself. SO I have been running high humidity's the last few runs. Bud rot is most common at 88% and higher so I have just been keeping it at about 75%. The plants look very healthy and are producing good, so i'm on board. :banana1sv6:

M

Malachi

TO - I will do the whole plant shots when I harvest. I am growing in a SOG and have 20 plants crammed in a 4 X 4 tray in rockwool cubes. I can't take them out of the tent because they are already into the coco mat, and there is no room in that 4 X 4 to move around and get a good shot with my tri-pod.

t.o.med

t.o.med

thats cool be nice to see them before the chop. high humidity definatley the way to go.

M

Malachi

yea i will pull them from the mat and take some pictures in my make shift photography tent before i chop them

C

chief greenleaf

Whats happenin Malachi, the girls are lookin very nice man! Those pics dont look half bad at all for a standard digital camera, the shots are pretty damn clear and the color looks good. I been plannin on gettin a nice camera myself, have you looked into any digital SLRs? Ya know the ones with that manually focus and can take the macro lenses that give you those amazing bud close ups! If youre gonna spring for a new camera you should def look into em if you havent already, Craigs List has some pretty nice ones I been lookin at for really good prices.
But I wanted ta let ya know you def dont wanna keep your humidity nearly that high man, humidity that high is puttin you at really high risk of gettin bud mold or root/stem rot. A lot of unwanted pests also thrive in high humidity. I was lookin at my grow bible and Cervantes recommends 40-60% during flower, that keeps transpiration and photosynthesis good and also keeps mold and rot at bay. It was also saying that humidity over 70% actually causes the stomata ta close and drasticly slows plant growth!
Just wanted ta shoot that info your way, figured youd probably wanna know. Id hate ta see them beautiful girls get mold on em man!

C

chief greenleaf

Oh yea sorry for the double post but I wanted ta ask ya about the exhaust in your tent. Your runnin a 200 cfm in a 4x4 with two 430s, is it doin a good job of keepin the air flow right? Hows it workin with your carbon filter to keep the smell down?
Your set up is pretty similar ta mine, except Im in a 2x4 with 2 400s. I got a Vortex 450 cfm and Im tryin ta figure out if I need a fan controller slow it down a lil bit, its strong! Dont want it suckin my girls up outta the tent ya know!

M

Malachi

Chief - I have a regular exhaust type fan air-cooling my hoods. It goes through my tent and lights and out the other side. I have a 200CFM fan hooked to my carbon filter and blowing out the 4" exhaust on top. You should upgrade your bulbs to the 430W EYE Hortilux. They put off close to 10,000 more lumens each then a standard 400. so you would have like 20,000 more lumens with the extra 60 watts!

As far as cerventas goes I don't think the guy has grown a plant a day in his life. Some of the shit he says is off the mark. I don't wanna bash the guy, I mean he had a cool job to cruise around and check out grow ops and write articles about them, but that's about it. Anyone who has grown in the 70% humidity range can verify that photosynthesis doesn't stop and buds flourish in that enviroment. It is not the humidity that causes bud rot, or root rot but bacteria. As long as you keep your grow room clean from contamination and pests you will be ok. As far as the camera goes I don't think that I am gonna shell out a shit ton of money on a SLR quite yet. I have a lot to learn still, and am thinking about picking up a Fujifilm Coolpix S1000 to play around with. It has a lot of the capabilities of a digital SLR but is a point and shoot camera. I found one new online for like 150 bucks. I found out about it from a thread on here in the Photography forum. The camera rocks for the money.

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Looking good bro, I got a cut of the Indiana bubblegum comming soon cant wait to get it, and ur dead on about humidity bro cannabis loves high humidity, just not good in late flower, but only cause of mold, fucking George cerventiz is a bone head, Ive forgotten more than that dip shit will ever know........GM

M

Malachi

Looking good bro, I got a cut of the Indiana bubblegum comming soon cant wait to get it, and ur dead on about humidity bro cannabis loves high humidity, just not good in late flower, but only cause of mold, fucking George cerventiz is a bone head, Ive forgotten more than that dip shit will ever know........GM

Yea I agree...yea its the Indiana Bubblegum the shit rocks. I love it. It is a good consistant strain, it starts packing on weight early and finishes nice. Give it the full 9 weeks to finish her up. What kind of Advanced Nutes do you use in flower? I was thinking about switching up next grow. I was gonna run the Flower A&B, BUD blood the first 2 weeks of flowering, Big Bud for 4, then finish with overdrive. What do you think?

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I put Gorge's book in attic...It did help me get started. It also held me back from learning a lot too.

I am going to try bumping my humidity up on the next go and see what's up. I will clean and sterilize the room first.

It really does look like an outstanding Bubblegum.

Can't wait to see her at nine weeks!!

M

Malachi

Thanks for the kind words Fred. As far as the humidity goes it varries with all growers. Everyone has a preference. I persoanlly grow in the 70's until I start my flush, then I take it down to about 50 for the final 2 weeks. (Just to be on the safe side), All strains react different, you just have to keep an eye on the indica dominant strains that pack on real tighr buds. The sativas not so much.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the tips. I was thinking I would need to do that on the bubbleberry because of it's tightly packed dense nuggies. :happy

S

sunsimulator

Chief - I have a regular exhaust type fan air-cooling my hoods. It goes through my tent and lights and out the other side. I have a 200CFM fan hooked to my carbon filter and blowing out the 4" exhaust on top. You should upgrade your bulbs to the 430W EYE Hortilux. They put off close to 10,000 more lumens each then a standard 400. so you would have like 20,000 more lumens with the extra 60 watts!

As far as cerventas goes I don't think the guy has grown a plant a day in his life. Some of the shit he says is off the mark. I don't wanna bash the guy, I mean he had a cool job to cruise around and check out grow ops and write articles about them, but that's about it. Anyone who has grown in the 70% humidity range can verify that photosynthesis doesn't stop and buds flourish in that enviroment. It is not the humidity that causes bud rot, or root rot but bacteria. As long as you keep your grow room clean from contamination and pests you will be ok. As far as the camera goes I don't think that I am gonna shell out a shit ton of money on a SLR quite yet. I have a lot to learn still, and am thinking about picking up a Fujifilm Coolpix S1000 to play around with. It has a lot of the capabilities of a digital SLR but is a point and shoot camera. I found one new online for like 150 bucks. I found out about it from a thread on here in the Photography forum. The camera rocks for the money.

i use a 135 dollar fujifinepix A360 camera is prolly 100 bux now or less, takes very good pics . IMHO taking pics is like growing ,, it's not really the room ,, or the plants ,, it's more of what the user learns about what he is dealing with!! After i read how to use the camera , everything changed!

Top Bottom