My Cheap Ass Grow.

• Thread starter jipp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jipp

jipp

well im running out of ideas on this timer if this does not work tonight, ill have to find a diffrent one.

ill get a photo when it comes on at 5am. but the problem is getting the damn thing to shut off.

anyhow, im gonna pop 5 more critical seeds because it seems these others should of popped by now.. lesson learn next time if you have the seeds deaf germ 10 or so. hah
i would not be having this problem.. like suggested by @tifosi

day 3.

i should be sleeping but i went to that medieval fair i had fun but it was hard on my broken body. but id do it again to spend time with my nephews and sis..

chris.

jipp

jipp

so i need to start them new seeds today yet. here day 3.. she is doing fine i think.
the moisture is staying pretty consistent at around 180g, 71 dry. the plastic bag dome work.. i just mist the bags if the top feels a bit dry.

hopefully the others will break through the wall soon.. if not ill have seeds on deck.. which is probably best anyhow to make sure i get at least 1 female.. and i have the spare critical kush seeds. so yeah seems most logical thing to do.

hope everyone is having a great morning.
rock on.
chris.

IMG 0451   Copy
IMG 0450   Copy
IMG 0454   Copy
jipp

jipp

5 more critical kush seeds. ( i was more anal this time. peroxide, also magnifying glass to pick the best seeds, or the ones i liked hah )
my clone heater mat thing should be here today ill probably try it out on these seeds see if it speeds up the results.

chris.

IMG 0455   Copy
Last edited:
jipp

jipp

oh im sure it was my fault. so ill keep practicing. ill get it figured out.. or go to my grave trying. laughs.

im having a hard time not to go dig through the other cups to see whats up, hah but ill wait.

i think what happened, when i water the little seedling.. it pushed it deeper into the soil .

just a guess from what i observed watering the seeds.. next time ill be sure to water on the edge of the cup.

its fun watching the seedling grow.. she is getting a little darker shade of green and leafs opening up more, i think she likes the COB.

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

i was bored. so i setup 5 solo cups, and are on deck waiting for some action..
dry weight is the same as the others 71grams dry.

my clone/seed water b ed heater thing arrived. and a shot of the baby at a half day. getting rid of the crust from its seed and turning g green and opening up her little leafs for that LED COB goodness. hah.
i wish i had more light tho, i need two of these for my tent.. but oh well ill make do. heh, lots of moving around im sure.

if this digital timer fucks up again tonight, ill use the analog one.
chris.

IMG 0456   Copy
IMG 0458   Copy
IMG 0459   Copy
tifosi

tifosi

I wonder what your problem is popping seeds?Hopefully it's just a minor adjustment that one of the knowledgeable members can help you with.I like to pop a few extras,I have 11 here and plan to pick 5 to go in my flowering closet and discard the rest.I have two of those heat mats that i use to pop seeds with and two of the 2 piece dome things.They have worked well for me,i put the solo cups on top of then while I'm soaking my seeds and 8 solo cups on each covered while i'm waiting for them to come up once up i uncover. this to me is a critical time in a plants life and i check them several times a day.i use a spray bottle for the first week or so,damp not soaked is the way i roll. use your weight method when you have a cup full of roots.
20170306 154146

incogneato

incogneato

I had the same germination issues when I first got started. For me I put my beans in a shot glass with water and a touch of h2o2 and cover them and place on a heat mat. 24-36 hours later (should have a 1/4" taproot) i put em in the coco/soil 1/4" deep or a rapid rooter same depth.

jipp

jipp

i wont be able to use that old analog timer, hah.. it only has two prongs for the plug in/not the third ground like my light has on its generic computer power chord.

chris.

jipp

jipp

day 4. i thought i had the timer figured out. hah.. it came on, and off when i wanted too yesterday but today it came on 5 hours early i think. hah.. at least its a baby will try yet again..

anyhow, hope all is well on your end.

day 35 of withdrawals i hope by day 65 im over this shit. its getting old waking up sick. hah.. anyhow, here the morning picture.

rock on.
chris.

jipp

jipp

i can reuse this soil right, just mix it with new since its has not been used.. pretty sure the others are dead because they got berried to deep when i added the water.
chris.

incogneato

incogneato

i can reuse this soil right, just mix it with new since its has not been used.. pretty sure the others are dead because they got berried to deep when i added the water.
chris.
I did. That's why I like the ahit glass method. You can see it root so there's no guess work

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I wonder what your problem is popping seeds?Hopefully it's just a minor adjustment that one of the knowledgeable members can help you with.I like to pop a few extras,I have 11 here and plan to pick 5 to go in my flowering closet and discard the rest.I have two of those heat mats that i use to pop seeds with and two of the 2 piece dome things.They have worked well for me,i put the solo cups on top of then while I'm soaking my seeds and 8 solo cups on each covered while i'm waiting for them to come up once up i uncover. this to me is a critical time in a plants life and i check them several times a day.i use a spray bottle for the first week or so,damp not soaked is the way i roll. use your weight method when you have a cup full of roots.View attachment 676437
Who did u steal that pic from???

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

U still having problems? If you are I will give you my recipe for germ tonight after work...
Step 1... put seeds in freezer for 24 hrs...
Step 2. Then soak in cup of reg water for 24 hrs..
To be continued. ........

jipp

jipp

i had problems on my first go around.. i have started a second try yesterday. wait, this would be my third time. hah.. man i suck.
at 3pm today it will be 24 hours that they will have soaked in water and drop of peroxide.

we see what happens.

chris.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom