My Cheap Ass Grow.

• Thread starter jipp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

so i picked up a pack of pipe cleaners.. went out to the shop, grab the thermometer. was thinking how to hang this fucking thing, then i saw the pipe cleaner.. doh.. simple.

what other monitors do i need besides temp inside the tent?
i know i need a fan, not talking about the scrubber/fan. i mean just fan for the plants.

this is the normal temp.. no a/c on in this room.. just the regular temp.. i think i have turn the heat on once this year. anyhow.. i went with LED because of heat issues.. so i hope the a/c etc will keep this bitch in check for temps.
chris.

Humidity. Just as important. And a fan blowing between the light and above the canopy is great. Adjust so the leaves just flutter but doesn't sway the branches too much. The leaves should stay flat and happy looking. Canoeing or tips dark and down can be from the fan.

jipp

jipp

humid.. no clue.. a/c lowers it right?

i do have a small humidifier i use with some lemon sage oil, smells good.. mostly to cover the smell of smoke.. but sure has made it easier on me breathing since iv started using it.. so can only assume humid is low as hell here.. yay for growing in the desert.
laughs.
chris,

ps
can you recommend a humidity gauge for inside the tent please..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

humid.. no clue.. a/c lowers it right?

i do have a small humidifier i use with some lemon sage oil, smells good.. mostly to cover the smell of smoke.. but sure has made it easier on me breathing since iv started using it.. so can only assume humid is low as hell here.. yay for growing in the desert.
laughs.
chris,

ps
can you recommend a humidity gauge for inside the tent please..

Any digital humidity gauge from Walmart or anywhere will work fine but I like to use indoor outdoor ones with temp and humidity and 24hr high and low temp memory. I hang the outdoor sensor under my lights at canopy level. And I can see my high temps for the day and such.

You can see the wire with the sensor below the lights and the temp/humidity gauge on top of the lamp. About $17 at hydro store for mine. But they have them at Home Depot or wherever.

IMG 4683

jipp

jipp

ok, i will look for one later on. i have my ride setup for soil tomorrow so i do not have to limp to town. i did not mind the idea of walking, but the return trip bugged me.. hah packing soil home not so much fun id imagine. hah

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Looking good, do you have a ph meter of some sorts? Ph is so important, it's the root to most if not all deficiencies. If ya need one let me know I'd gladly get one out to ya, I got a few. I'm watching what you can do...you've seen/read enough grow threads...just utilize what you've learned. I got a seat pulled up.

jipp

jipp

Looking good, do you have a ph meter of some sorts? Ph is so important, it's the root to most if not all deficiencies. If ya need one let me know I'd gladly get one out to ya, I got a few. I'm watching what you can do...you've seen/read enough grow threads...just utilize what you've learned. I got a seat pulled up.
i do not have one im afraid. grandma use to say its if its free its for me.. id take ya up on your offer bro.
chris.

wait i think i have one my mom gave me.. is this what you mean.. brain fart !

Cheap probe Copy
SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

i do not have one im afraid. grandma use to say its if its free its for me.. id take ya up on your offer bro.
chris.

wait i think i have one my mom gave me.. is this what you mean.. brain fart !

I gotcha...I'll shoot you a message.

That instrument will/should give you a ballpark ph reading and soil moisture..some also read light intensity. I use one similar to ONLY gauge soil moisture for fussy drinkers..or in a pot that doesn't drain well. Not for ph

I'll get a ph pen over to ya, so you can have EXACT ph readings. Youll need it. No worries man, we all should be getting to the finish line AND helping others get there too along the way. :)

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

I gotcha...I'll shoot you a message.

That instrument will/should give you a ballpark ph reading and soil moisture..some also read light intensity. I use one similar to ONLY gauge soil moisture for fussy drinkers..or in a pot that doesn't drain well. Not for ph

I'll get a ph pen over to ya, so you can have EXACT ph readings. Youll need it. No worries man, we all should be getting to the finish line AND helping others get there too along the way. :)
thank you so much. you rock sir.

chirs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

nope.. unfortunately i did not know i need a pen etc.
that is one problem asking questions on a stoner forum. answer seems to change with what is working best at the moment, laughs.. so nutes will sit.. and i will try making some super soil.. ill order that pack thing on the first so i can get it cooking for a week or whatever the instructions say.

chris,

One thing I have learned about Grow guides and even more forums is that advice is given without being specific on medium or style of grow.

Like ph'ing your water for a soil grow. It entirely depends on the water and the nutes reaction on the medium. You can't just say you should take it down to 6.5 because the buffers in the soil (lime, oyster shell) may keep your ph just fine.

Don't have to ph my .3 ec well water for instance. But it reads 8.0 out of my well. See it has relatively low alkalinity for well water.

But a hydro grow. You better control your ph and know your source water.

See how advice can get all mixed up.

jipp

jipp

One thing I have learned about Grow guides and even more forums is that advice is given without being specific on medium or style of grow.

Like ph'ing your water for a soil grow. It entirely depends on the water and the nutes reaction on the medium. You can't just say you should take it down to 6.5 because the buffers in the soil (lime, oyster shell) may keep your ph just fine.

Don't have to ph my .3 ec well water for instance. But it reads 8.0 out of my well. See it has relatively low alkalinity for well water.

But a hydro grow. You better control your ph and know your source water.

See how advice can get all mixed up.

thank you for that bit of advice.. it is very legit. never put much thought into until dis morning tho. hah.. hey at least im starting to think!

hope you are having a great morning, all of you should be having a great morning.

rock on friends.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

thank you for that bit of advice.. it is very legit. never put much thought into until dis morning tho. hah.. hey at least im starting to think!

hope you are having a great morning, all of you should be having a great morning.

rock on friends.

Your welcome. I'm actually going to sleep soon. Been gardening and trimming all night. Have a good day my friend. I worked hard and long enough to actually sleep. I never did that too well because of my illness. Stay strong.

jipp

jipp

just checked the girls. still chilling on the freezer the paper towel is still moist. how dry do i want to let the paper towel get before i add more water.. or should i add a bit of room temp water every morning until they pop?

so just keep them damp but not soaked or dried out. roger.

chris.

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

Your welcome. I'm actually going to sleep soon. Been gardening and trimming all night. Have a good day my friend. I worked hard and long enough to actually sleep. I never did that too well because of my illness. Stay strong.
yeah sleep and me do not mix ( been up since 3:40am. typical.. most would be like what fuck man sleep in you do not have to get up for jack shit. wish it was so simple. ). but im hoping in a few months ill have some fire to knock my shit out. talk to you when awake. rock on .
chris.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

just checked the girls. still chilling on the freezer the paper towel is still moist. how dry do i want to let the paper towel get before i add more water.. or should i add a bit of room temp water every morning until they pop?

so just keep them damp but not soaked or dried out. roger.

chris.

I always say...if you can hold the paper towel up...and it drips ...its too wet.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

I find this way to be the most efficient way to germ if using the paper towel method.

I first cut the paper towel a bit smaller than the zip lock bag. Only 1 piece. (You'll see why later).
20170222 101416

Then place it inside the ziplock bag
20170222 101453

Then I use a small spoon or teaspoon to dap a few small spots of water, in various spots on the paper towel. Not too close the papertowel will distribute the water pretty much evenly. (Notice the corner is dry)
20170222 101626

Then I place the seeds in. No specific spot. Generalized in the middle. Leave a little air. They need this! Now you can EASILY see them germ without disturbing them like when they are wrapped in paper towels. :)
20170222 103549

jipp

jipp

I find this way to be the most efficient way to germ if using the paper towel method.

I first cut the paper towel a bit smaller than the zip lock bag. Only 1 piece. (You'll see why later).View attachment 671760

Then place it inside the ziplock bag
View attachment 671761

Then I use a small spoon or teaspoon to dap a few small spots of water, in various spots on the paper towel. Not too close the papertowel will distribute the water pretty much evenly. (Notice the corner is dry)View attachment 671762

Then I place the seeds in. No specific spot. Generalized in the middle. Leave a little air. They need this! Now you can EASILY see them germ without disturbing them like when they are wrapped in paper towels. :)View attachment 671763

thank you for the pictures, i will use this method next time.. much easier than trying to pull the paper towel up and look. one thing i like about learning to grow.. im one of them who can get bored quick.. but with a hobbie like this you always learning and since the plant is alive it will always be a challenge..

jipp

jipp

i think this coin flipped fucked me. hah. i did not realize the nor easter was a satriva too. hah. i like the indica for its body high.

when i looked last time i found no info on these strain.. but i did fin dthis just now looking into its parents.

Nor'easter

Genetics: Chemdog D x Snowdog
Flowering Length: 70-75
Taste/Smell: simply awesome!! a perfect blend of both parents...fruity, candied chemmy menthol.
Effect: intense high like Chemdog D, but with more heartpounding-sativa effects.

throw in Chemdog 91 and i guess ill be on crack from the discription..

so i guess i will just go ahead and toss a stargate OG into a solo cup, and let her him grow so i have at least a little of indica . the body high helps with pain.. i do like a little zip to the head tho..

maybe it will be the best work out strain ( nor easter x Chemdog 91). hah, if it was not for bad luck id have none.

i have no idea about Snowdog. guess i will be growing herbal crack hah.
chris.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i think this coin flipped fucked me. hah. i did not realize the nor easter was a satriva too. hah. i like the indica for its body high.

when i looked last time i found no info on these strain.. but i did fin dthis just now looking into its parents.

Nor'easter

Genetics: Chemdog D x Snowdog
Flowering Length: 70-75
Taste/Smell: simply awesome!! a perfect blend of both parents...fruity, candied chemmy menthol.
Effect: intense high like Chemdog D, but with more heartpounding-sativa effects.

throw in Chemdog 91 and i guess ill be on crack from the discription..

so i guess i will just go ahead and toss a stargate OG into a solo cup, and let her him grow so i have at least a little of indica . the body high helps with pain.. i do like a little zip to the head tho..

maybe it will be the best work out strain ( nor easter x Chemdog 91). hah, if it was not for bad luck id have none.

i have no idea about Snowdog. guess i will be growing herbal crack hah.
chris.

You may get a Phenotype leaning either way or even different than the description with seeds. Grow it to maturity and don't cut early and you will likely get high like you want.

The effects being light like you describe is usually a cash cropper cutting early to keep schedule. Any decent genetics grown well should get you nice and high.

jipp

jipp

You may get a Phenotype leaning either way or even different than the description with seeds. Grow it to maturity and don't cut early and you will likely get high like you want.

The effects being light like you describe is usually a cash cropper cutting early to keep schedule. Any decent genetics grown well should get you nice and high.
thank you.

i wont worry a bout its genetics and just grow it best i can. iv just read about sativas being more paranoid high which does not sound fun.

so iv always just got indica since it was suppose to be the strongest they had..
but yeah. im learning its not so good to have to depend on other growers.. since everyone has to eat just think they should have some pride. but if its a time thing, its a rat race and i just do not fit in it.. im a country boy.
chris.

Top Bottom