My Cheap Ass Grow.

• Thread starter jipp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Planter01

Planter01

Dude you gotta try and achieve oneness with your plants. You can't tell if a plant needs water by weighing them. You can't measure their happiness with a meter budski.
I love you like a brother Chris but I gotta be honest. Your plants suck. Pop some more beans and cut your loses. Start with a different soil than this run just cause that's an easy change. Just a couple pounds of nuteless lite potting soil and a 10 dollar seedling heating pad and get your light down in your girls. Dont burn them but... Move on. If that chick don't wanna know forget her. Sometimes "failure to thrive" Can't be attributed to something you'll ever know. These roots are the same age as yours under LED'S. Actually 18 days so you have a benchmark. There is absolutely no reason why your girls shouldn't be putting out more than they are.
20170118 184510

Planter01

Planter01

I thought you said you had more beans to pop. My bad. It is what it is then. If I was in your shoes at this point in a grow AND I had an option I would push the old into the shadows to make room for the new. Im not trying to be negative I'm just giving you the gospel. How many plants do you want to run anyway? Better to have one healthy plant than five under achievers. It's like children.

jipp

jipp

i just want 4 plants for my small light. well i almost killed it again..
i keep doing this.. i forget to turn the light back up to full blast when im done working with them.

i have 4 more beans 2 pop and planted dis morning.. they are in the solo cups. i think they will be the strongest, since i did not over water from the beginning.

i have a few seeds so i am popping seeds so i get at least 1 female.

i dunno, yeah. the plant hates dark. hahah.. it loves the light.

shrugs.

chris.

also im gonna try to get my water tested tomorrow after my doctors apointment.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
well unfortunately starting over is not a option.. this is what i have to work with.
we see what happens.

chris.

Run em bro.

This grow will be your best learning experience, you have already learned so much.

And even if your harvest is crap the whole experience will have been worth it.

It will reinforce the positive aspects that should remain the same.

And expose the negative aspects you need to change in your style.

And The next grow improves

Then the cycle repeats until you got it goin on :cool:

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Those seedlings will grow. Let them root and transplant them into fresh soil when they grow a couple sets of leaves.

All plants stall when overwatered. and they grow new roots as soon as they can.

I think it takes 3 or 4 rounds before we really have an idea what to do. Don't sweat the first one. Have fun and learn.

incogneato

incogneato

I'm with R, run what ya bring. I thought I was in soil and didn't feed mine much at all. They showed deficiencies. I learned and moved on. If you scrap your plants every time you learn a lesson you will never make it to harvest. This is how we learn. By making mistakes. Not all advice is good advice.

tifosi

tifosi

to many Chiefs and not enough Indians LOL. @Planter01 had some valuable info for you one heat mat i use one to keep an even warm soil temperature,Two low nut soil made for seedlings,it's available from Lowes & Home depo it comes in a smaller bag,they stock it where they sell the fertilizer.I don't use the seedling soil myself i mix happy frog,worm casings & perlite in equal amounts to create a milder soil that seems to work for me. I would grow those out they are in the process of adapting and should take off and do well for you. As growers we live and learn and never stop learning.The inline fan will move air and improve your environment more than blowing air around.

jipp

jipp

well they still alive. she is coming back to life after i fucked up and light starved her for a hour when i went for my night walk.
i need a yellow posted note to remind my self to turn light back up.. also waiting for LED sun glasses. so then i guess that wont be a issue.

one thing by learning how the plant reacts to low light conditions.. she is definitely a desert plant it would seem..

also this will come in handy for this strain later on yeah.. she will put out some goodness in end of flower when i starve her for light i bet she responds well to this..

anyhow, hope all is well.. doctors today at 145 in the big city, i hate teh fucking city.. hopefully im not to fucked. hha

rock on friends.
chris.

jipp

jipp

well i got 100 percent germination this time. woohoo.. party, ill partake in a vape i will.. pats self on back. hah.

so i have lots of variables wrong with my tent as its not setup.. so its sorta silly for me to specialte what is the main cause of slow groth besides over watering etc..

but one thing i know i never confirmed the perlite i used was not treated the same as mirrical grows.. so i germinating 4 seeds.. decided these last two i would just use st rait up soil.. and see if that helps.. its a easy variable to check.. hopefully i can get my water check today i think i fucked up and grab water from the wrong facet.. if i did that means iv been water my babys with salt soften water.. evil shit i tell ya. hah

but yeah hope i can get water check either today or Sunday.. i will be grabbing 1 gallon pots, and a filter for a box for the fan.

so tap root up, shallow, little water, lets hope for green stems on the sprouts.
lets get high!
chris.

IMG 0739   Copy
IMG 0741   Copy
jipp

jipp

so here is dis mornings shots.. the plant came back to life even after i light starved her for a hour or so when i went for my night walk.. her leafs were hanging down by her hips.. was so sad i did not even take a picture out embarrassment. :D

the other seedlings look healthy and not over watered.. no water for a few days. will check every day to make sure..

hope to pick up some 1 gallon pots today, if not.. Sunday for sure.
chris.

IMG 0756   Copy
IMG 0757   Copy
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

so here is dis mornings shots.. the plant came back to life even after i light starved her for a hour or so when i went for my night walk.. her leafs were hanging down by her hips.. was so sad i did not even take a picture out embarrassment. :D

the other seedlings look healthy and not over watered.. no water for a few days. will check every day to make sure..

hope to pick up some 1 gallon pots today, if not.. Sunday for sure.
chris.

No man. They do that when they grow new leaves. Aren't there little new leaves sticking out the top?

tifosi

tifosi

the plant looks a liter shade of green in your picture and the lower leaf looks liter than the rest.That could be a sign that it is more comfortable in the soil and may need a light feeding soon. I'm not telling you to feed the plant because i have not seen it up close and observed the change first hand but 3 weeks is the time some of my new seedlings need a foiler spray or 1/4 dose of nutes.Just something to think about.

jipp

jipp

yeah im not ready to do that stuff i think.. but i can transplant into more dirt 1gallon pots this weekend.

it is a different shade of green. i figure that is the normal color.. and the darker is because of the N in the soil.. sound right yeah?

also wont be using the perlite i have when i transplant.. heh, no clue what it is other than came in a brown bag.

chris.

jipp

jipp

well i know for a fact i was watering with salt treated water.. but now i have fix that on the next water in a couple of days. had to remind my self where to get the water this time around.

well a new baby pop up.. i put a regular seed in the blue cup, that was originally for the solo cup contest. anyhow, i gave up on the OJ and i guess in my depressed i dont give a fuck attitude i pop a seed into the dirt, and now i do not remember how many days ago.. but what the hell.. another possible female i hope.
and yes over waterd. hah.. i just filled the cup full of water put see din and forgot about it.. i was ready to toss it before i notice green little bit a go
chris.

IMG 0759   Copy
tifosi

tifosi

I think it is a normal color and the soil you picked out for yourself is good we learned together that it is a bit hot for new little girls but should be good for them once they are ready for up potting to a one gallon.I have used that treated perlite myself the amount of nutes is small,it had no negative effect on my plants.@DAT has grown where you are at and should have some valuable info for you on how to make the water usable.My water is good so i never PH it because i feel when you stir up shit it starts to stink but from this post i think it is a necessary step for you. i have no valuable info on using PH adjustment.

Planter01

Planter01

I wasn't trying to be a buzz kill Chris but sometimes you do have to cut your loses. You have a fine little set up and id hate to see a 12 week lesson in growing for no return. In this case however your girls are looking better. Just remember that usually existing foliage is not improved. You have to look to the new growth. @tifosi Your not kidding about too many chiefs.

jipp

jipp

im back from eye doctors.. i can not see worth a damn eyes dialiated..

anyhow.. eye ball is swollen, have toi go into morow for some special test.
so i will not have any more info till then. but i can not read now.. so im jujst gonna get fucking ripped off this vape Sir. Bill i bought a spare battery charger while out.. under 29 like you said.

ok i hope everyone is good. ma this is basicaly me typing and hopoingg i making some sencse my visson so blury hah. ok i go rest eye san dlisten to some Thin Lizzy. rock on friends.. lets get faded yo!

Top Bottom