My Cheap Ass Grow.

• Thread starter jipp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jipp

jipp

so i will transplant that into a 1g pot this weekend. or should i wait longer for her to stablize?

chris.

incogneato

incogneato

ill do that on the next 4 seeds.. but i sorta want to keep them all the same weight

but yeah if they need more dirt so be it..

ill just have to mark the weight on the cup so i remember the difference.

thanks for the advice.
chris.
I know you have a system but weighing isn't the most accurate. How do you account for new weight of plant material? Do yourself a favor and learn to feel the difference between a plant that needs water and one that doesn't. It will pay off in the long run.

jipp

jipp

I know you have a system but weighing isn't the most accurate. How do you account for new weight of plant material? Do yourself a favor and learn to feel the difference between a plant that needs water and one that doesn't. It will pay off in the long run.

i was not worried about the plant material at this point. i was just using this for baby's. and when they get older, it would not be hard to average in plant matter id think ( or the one knuckle deep on larger pots ). but yeah i dunno dude just tri9ng to working something out that works for me.

i guess the LED really do put the heat on the plants.. zoomed in i was surprised to see all them tric popping up.. trip.

i dunno man, so what you say.. just go for the goal, and see what happens doing it all like the plant whisper and shit. hah

chris.

chris.

jipp

jipp

@incogneato i tell you what. i will not use the scale this time when i water and we see what happens. :D You are right.. im wasting to much time on weight and im clumsy knocked plant over already. laughs.

so yeah ill just memorize that light feeling and go from there. :D
also when i see the praying thing ill know what to look for not seen it yet so no clue.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

ill do that on the next 4 seeds.. but i sorta want to keep them all the same weight

but yeah if they need more dirt so be it..

ill just have to mark the weight on the cup so i remember the difference.

thanks for the advice.
chris.

You gotta learn how to tell by lifting the pot. You going to lug big buckets of soil onto a scale in flower. :-)

I do have a cheap 3 way probe with a moisture meter. It was a good tool to learn on. But you need at least a 1 gallon pot to use it.

jipp

jipp

You gotta learn how to tell by lifting the pot. You going to lug big buckets of soil onto a scale in flower. :)

I do have a cheap 3 way probe with a moisture meter. It was a good tool to learn on. But you need at least a 1 gallon pot to use it.

yeah i have a cheap one my mom gave me.

but you are right, thanks for putting up with me.. im a slow learner, but im not to stubborn to listen and try new things..

old picture. but whatever.

chris.

IMG 0299
tifosi

tifosi

I don't think the plant needs transplanted yet,sometimes when the soil is damp i turn it over with my hand under it and slide it out to check roots. some people feel a slightly root bound plant in a 1 gallon pot gives you the fastest opportunity to sex the plant. I use this method and up pot to a 3 or 5 gallon pot depending on how many females I'M placing under the light. fewer plants bigger pots a slightly longer veg to fill the tent space.

jipp

jipp

I don't think the plant needs transplanted yet,sometimes when the soil is damp i turn it over with my hand under it and slide it out to check roots. some people feel a slightly root bound plant in a 1 gallon pot gives you the fastest opportunity to sex the plant. I use this method and up pot to a 3 or 5 gallon pot depending on how many females I'M placing under the light. fewer plants bigger pots a slightly longer veg to fill the tent space.

morning. yeah, ill let her ride. gives me time to get the pots and stuff anyhow.
when you said they were frosty, you were not kidding. i was surprised by what i saw zoomed in hah. lots of potential for good meds, hopefully i do not fuck up to bad with the seeds.

chris.

jipp

jipp

when i transplant ill try it out.

for now ill give this lifting the cup thing a try. laughs.

i am doing pretty good, my walk sure cheered me up. walked 2 miles.. then i started to feel sick so better head home. laughs.

tomorrow eye doctor and hopefully im not fucked..

and now i wait for these bitches to pray to my COB. laughs.

will they pray before its to dry tho, hmmm.. welcome to the twilight zone.

someone please remind me tomorrow morning to take a bottle of my well water with me ill try to get it checked when in the city.

im sure ill forget.
chris.

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

ok, i think this plant is ready to water.. feels light to lift. also the leafs are praying.. do i water now or go longer?

4am:
IMG 0708   Copy

6am (now):
IMG 0714   Copy

just not sure how long to let her ride praying and feeling light. and no i wont break out the scale. trying to learn visual cues. hah.
thanks you in advance,
rock on.
chris.

Last edited:
GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

From one noob to another, you're kicking butt. My first grow was last summer, and I struggled. I found this place, and was blown away by all the growers willing to share their knowledge.
This year's seeds are up, but are stretched out. I went cheaper than you. My plants are under 2 Walmart 13watt fluorescent grow lights from 5am until sun up. I move them to a south window, until late afternoon, then back under the lights until 10pm. My plants will go outdoors around may 1st. I'm not saying this is the way to do it, just how I'm getting by with no budget. I've spent $45 on lights,and I make my own soil. But last year, 12 plants gave me almost 24 pounds. You have already put more effort into your grow, and have found this place. You will do fine. Happy growing.

jipp

jipp

From one noob to another, you're kicking butt. My first grow was last summer, and I struggled. I found this place, and was blown away by all the growers willing to share their knowledge.
This year's seeds are up, but are stretched out. I went cheaper than you. My plants are under 2 Walmart 13watt fluorescent grow lights from 5am until sun up. I move them to a south window, until late afternoon, then back under the lights until 10pm. My plants will go outdoors around may 1st. I'm not saying this is the way to do it, just how I'm getting by with no budget. I've spent $45 on lights,and I make my own soil. But last year, 12 plants gave me almost 24 pounds. You have already put more effort into your grow, and have found this place. You will do fine. Happy growing.
thank you for the positive vibes. i found this forum by accident. good accident indeed.

i read your thread about getting a horse. i grew up riding horse in the mountains of Oregon.. my first horse was 4 year old appy green broke.. but with in 2 years i had her as a good mountain hunting horse. :) we use to go for 8-10 hour horse back rides up into the deep mountains to go to fishing holes no one else could get too. heh
chris.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

You're really gonna like the critical kush, by the way. A buddy grew it two years ago. Holy Grail kush and the critical kush are my favorites for the end of the day.

jipp

jipp

You're really gonna like the critical kush, by the way. A buddy grew it two years ago. Holy Grail kush and the critical kush are my favorites for the end of the day.

that's what im hoping for. i need strongest i can get.. tolerance is off the chart cause of years of opiate use? or maybe iv always had a high tolerance for shit. the pain im in every day would probably bring a tear to some.. and i would not blame them. it can be a bitch. so im hopeful for the fire.

but what iv learn from being on this forum.. its up to the grower.. be it brick weed, you either bring out the best brick weed, or just go home. heh.

i just glad im having a good day.. i hated the last two days so damn depressed. laughs.

have a great day sir.
chris.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

its 9am here and the plants are not dead.. so im gonna let them ride till tonight then decide which ones may need water.
they are drying out quick tho. :D
but they are looking better.
from 4am:
View attachment 679975
to 9am:
View attachment 679971

View attachment 679972 View attachment 679973 View attachment 679974

I can see growth! And nice and green. Green is happy brother. Now you are not in their way. Just water gently and evenly around the seedling when time. You are on your way!

incogneato

incogneato

Hell yea! DJ Jipp said everybody put you hands up!!! They're reaching up. Think of it this way, you over watered for a few days and they're alive, under watering for a day isn't going to make them wither up and die immediately. They will start to droop just like when they are over watered. I feel like that desert rose (critical kush) is going to be some flame!!! You're going through it right now and taking it all in stride. Time for universe to drop a dog a bone lol. I'm glad your mood is up bro, can't wait til you're blazing a spliff if some critical kush on those walks.

jipp

jipp

can fan is here.
IMG 0738   Copy

thanks again @rmoltis.

thanks for making sure i got the correct ducting @THELORAX802

more stuff arriving soon.
hope you all are having a great day, im fucking high and doing pretty damn good.
amazing what good herb/hash/oil/shater whatever, helps with ones attitude.
disp weed not so good at helping.. at least i know the good stuff helps, keeps me motivated to keep learning..

plants seem healthy, ill water the young ones tonight, tomorrow the big plant.

vape up!
IMG 0735

chris.

Latest posts

Top Bottom