My Cheese Has No Smell Or Much Density In Week 7

• Thread starter Foxecks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wolfe

Wolfe

Use a finish flower product to add to your pot you can pick it up at a hydro shop. At this point it looks like it could use the added nutrients as well and it should help the taste. You could also add a bit of molasses to your watering mix. If worst comes to worst transplant those into a bigger pot with some healthy soil.

Foxecks

Foxecks

Also just now I came in and buds felt airy affter I fed them the buds hardened up and started releasing more smell?? So could have this happen just because they were hungry?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

What temps, rh, ect. If buds are fluffy, temps way too hot. Or just shit genetics. I grow cheese. Not sure same strain as you, but mine smells like dirty ass gym socks.

I haven't flushed a plant in 4+yrs. Absolutely ZERO need to if you water normally last 2 weeks.

Molasses ONLY feeds the microbes in the soil, which helps nute uptake, which helps grow bigger plants. It does nothing for taste. IF it did, I and 99% of every id grower would be pouring faygo pop in my pots daily.

william76

william76

What temps, rh, ect. If buds are fluffy, temps way too hot. Or just shit genetics. I grow cheese. Not sure same strain as you, but mine smells like dirty ass gym socks.

I haven't flushed a plant in 4+yrs. Absolutely ZERO need to if you water normally last 2 weeks.

Molasses ONLY feeds the microbes in the soil, which helps nute uptake, which helps grow bigger plants. It does nothing for taste. IF it did, I and 99% of every id grower would be pouring faygo pop in my pots daily.
Yea what i mean is plain water for the last 2 weeks.76

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I know of a few farmers that feed only water and molasses to their plants in the final couple week leach.
They have claimed it boosts terpenes and trich production.
I have seen no such thing, but yes there is a undertone of molasses is in the smoke. No arguing that, can taste it (I HATE Molasses!)
And there are still quite a few ppl out there that water with molasses the last couple weeks, they are just generally older and don't understand what they are really doing.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

love me some rock n rye I add molasses bc it is a sugar the plant takes in light right and turns it in to sugars so the molasses is just to boost of straight sugar with out the plant having to do its self

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Don't know if I'm just being paranoid but I cut back on a lot of nutrients mid 7 week as instructed by the recipe im using overdrive and top shooter at 500 ppms and now I have noticed some of the smell went away and it's not as frosty as I want it to be here are a few pictures of the buds

I wouldn't fret to much just cuz your in week 7 doesn't mean the plant don't have a few more weeks Iv had plants do that to me before just means they might need a lil more time fallow the feeding schedule and flushing as normal it should thicken up on its own gotta remember these are femal plants and females do whatever they feel like doing ha

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I wouldn't fret to much just cuz your in week 7 doesn't mean the plant don't have a few more weeks Iv had plants do that to me before just means they might need a lil more time fallow the feeding schedule and flushing as normal it should thicken up on its own gotta remember these are femal plants and females do whatever they feel like doing ha

boom this person knows whats up we do what we want

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Also just now I came in and buds felt airy affter I fed them the buds hardened up and started releasing more smell?? So could have this happen just because they were hungry?

I noticed the same thing in my garden when I underfed I can smell it. Or rather the lack of smell.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

u think its as u are saying bc they hungry right

so im thinking with u that they are lighter and less stank bc there is no water in them kind of like when u are drying the nug loses a lot of the mass and that is why they bulk back up after watering ???

Wolfe

Wolfe

I use water the entire time with a super soil mix I've created over the years. I have no ppm/ph issues and no hassle with expensive bottled nutes, plus I recycle the soil and amend it which lasts for years. If you wanted to make a super soil next time, find yourself a starter recipe online and mess with it for some time until you get it dialed the way you like with the mixture you like. At this point you're probably getting closer to "scissor me timbers" and everyone has the way which works best for them. If you create a healthy soil composition your plants will feed on what they need in the soil. The taste is better,cleaner, and healthier than what many will smoke 9 out of 10 times. Plus, always give your plants the room they need to grow in bucket wise. For that size plant I would maybe also try a little bigger bucket. With straight water all I do is filter out the chlorine and keep the minerals. No RO. The plants act like they should,turning all the fall colors you would normally see at that time which takes out a lot of the harsh chlorophyll taste, if your mix is correct..
No, they won't be as jacked up as the plants on steroids. But you'll have the piece of mind of smoking healthy cannabis. Also, less chance of mold happening. If you mix the ratios correctly you can figure out how much to amend for how ever long and recycle your soil every year.. I've tried very expensive products and this gives me better smoke IMO. Plus it's way less maintenance and cost less.
IMG 1677

IMG 0315
IMG 1047
IMG 1252
IMG 1917
IMG 1919
IMG 1923
Last edited:
juiceyjay

juiceyjay

I use water the entire time with a super soil mix I've created over the years. I have no ppm/ph issues and no hassle with expensive bottled nutes, plus I recycle the soil and amend it which lasts for years. If you wanted to make a super soil next time, find yourself a starter recipe online and mess with it for some time until you get it dialed the way you like with the mixture you like. At this point you're probably getting closer to "scissor me timbers" and everyone has the way which works best for them. If you create a healthy soil composition your plants will feed on what they need in the soil. The taste is better,cleaner, and healthier than what many will smoke 9 out of 10 times. Plus, always give your plants the room they need to grow in bucket wise. For that size plant I would maybe also try a little bigger bucket. With straight water all I do is filter out the chlorine and keep the minerals. No RO. The plants act like they should,turning all the fall colors you would normally see at that time which takes out a lot of the harsh chlorophyll taste, if your mix is correct..
No, they won't be as jacked up as the plants on steroids. But you'll have the piece of mind of smoking healthy cannabis. Also, less chance of mold happening. If you mix the ratios correctly you can figure out how much to amend for how ever long and recycle your soil every year.. I've tried very expensive products and this gives me better smoke IMO. Plus it's way less maintenance and cost less. View attachment 687014
I second this. I'm converting over to super soil this year cuz I want to be full organic. Organic bottle nutes are not that. For me to fill 4 100gal pots with super soil I'm spending roughly 800-1000 for everything I need. If I was to try that with bottles nutes I'd be in the 2k area easy by the time they harvest

Top Bottom