My Cloning efforts are not doing too good!

• Thread starter medicalgrowman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

I'm trying to clone a plant.
I watched several YouTube Videos and read several articles.
But my clones are wilting over. What am I doing wrong?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have no idea what you're doing wrong, because other than that you're attempting to clone, I don't know what you're doing in the first place. With cannabis, you can literally treat it like a cut flower, cut a section, stick it in a cup of water, and if the lighting isn't too bright you'll have roots in a few weeks.

frebo

frebo

I'm trying to clone a plant.
I watched several YouTube Videos and read several articles.
But my clones are wilting over. What am I doing wrong?
They always seem to look wilted for a day or three but come back. The grow shops have some cloning solutions to dip the clone in before planting that work great for me. Don't give up on them. It isn't that difficult.

urbanfog

urbanfog

boiled and cooled willow bark works well I hear, but have yet to "spy" a willow tree I can molest...Also have heard good things about using honey. Myself have been having a hell of a time with clones, but have been thinking since my grow area is in a separate shop that heat from summer has been my biggest issue. Are you using soil, aerocloner or rockwool? Maybe some specifics and folks can chime in

waayne

waayne

If your clones are drooping after you've cut them,you have issues with your environment
IE:>>>too arid,too hot ,too cold,too bright,too dry,etc......
Freshly cut clones placed in too bright of an environment will always droop ,but usually recover

Also when you make that cut you have two seconds to get it stuck into your medium or you run the risk of an embolism forming,and then your cut will definitely droop and never recover......

If your environment is dialed in your cuts won't droop at all....
These cuts are less than 12 hours old,and I'm not using domes as it's raining and the humidity is high enough without domes right now......

Most folks like to use a rooting powder or gel when taking cuts.....
I haven't used use rooting powders or gels in over a decade ,as I've found they are not really necessary with proper cloning technique......

I root a large number of cuts per year with a less than 1% failure rate......but I always use new Rockwool cubes and
clean ,sterilized equipment........I also use distilled H2o until they root,alternating irrigation with Distilled H20 and a mild,balanced, General Hydro nutrient mixed at 250 ppm
If you don't have a ppm meter,a 1/4 tsp of micro ,grow ,and bloom per gallon of Distilled water will work
for rooting cuts.....
IMG 3391

IMG 3390

stutter

stutter

build a bubble cloner. i doubt there is an easier way to clone than bubbles. i love mine

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

Yes, I'm in AZ. I'm using rock wool, Root Gel, distilled water, 80F Room Temps,
misting the leaves, and a plastic cover to hold in the humidity, 100w Floro Light.
What is ideal PH for clones? Thanx everybody!!!

C

cctt

What is the humidity inside the dome?
Why distilled water? That can cause osmotic shock.
100 W is a lot of light for a plant with no roots. I hope it's very far away.

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

I used distilled water because others have said to use it.
The Floro light is about 2Feet above the clones. Is that ok?

I think my main problem was that my PH Tester was not working correctly and I was put too much acid in my water.
I threw-out all the wilted/dead clones and started another batch.
This time with distilled water set more closely to 5.5PH.
They seem to be doing well after a couple of days so-far!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
2' above the clones may actually be too much light.

los0420

los0420

I have cloned many ways ,rapid rooters are super simple take your cutting dip in rooting hormone then place in rapid rooter plugs and use some tap water roots will appear in 7-12 days,I also use an ez cloner fill with 5 gallons of tap water use 25 ml of liquid karma run pump on cloner for 12 hours then drop it down to 15 min on 15 min off clones will have roots in 7-10 days ,I always use root tech gel for my clones I use a 4 lamp 2 foot t-5 light fixture that is hanging about 12 inches from the top of my clones never had a single problem due to light,if your clones droop a little use wire ties to hold them up straight or just wait till they stand back up

Top Bottom