My Cold Turkey Diary...

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

Ok so its day 2 of my self inflicted cold turkey. It's purely for financial reasons and I will be smoking again one day. Right now I've got a new place to live coming up soon, hence why I'm tightening the belt. As some of you may know I'm currently acquiring all the equipment to do a tent grow, instead of my stealth grows I've done in the past. I'm feeling good at the moment, but if anyone has any stories or tips they'd like to share on how to get through a cold turkey, I'd more than welcome it. This thread will be purely about my experience of giving up the ganj, and hopefully it might help someone else. I shall be honest if I slip up, but don't judge if I do :D

jipp

jipp

good luck.. its only herb slip all you want really :D
wish you best of luck tho, and you will be in fire in no time.
you have quality grow equipment. :)

chris.

dan1989

dan1989

good luck.. its only herb slip all you want really :D
wish you best of luck tho, and you will be in fire in no time.
you have quality grow equipment. :)

chris.

Thanks Chris :) the first two weeks are the hardest, after that I should be in the clear! Man imagine that first smoke after 6 months off...

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Whenever I stop cannabis.

I can't sleep
I can't eat
Am nauseas all day
Get very grumpy and easily go off on people.

It only lasts about a week though.
When I know it's happening I just distance myself from others (personal space) so I don't potentially hurt anyone with words that I didn't mean.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

I can't sleep
I can't eat
Am nauseas all day

When I know it's happening I just distance myself from others (personal space) so I don't potentially hurt anyone with words that I didn't mean.
LoL next time try going somewhere for a few days, it really takes the edge off. And if you prepare yourself by slowly cutting back over a two week period. And start by cutting out your morning toke and push your first toke back by an hour or two each day.:D

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
LoL next time try going somewhere for a few days, it really takes the edge off. And if you prepare yourself by slowly cutting back over a two week period. And start by cutting out your morning toke and push your first toke back by an hour or two each day.:D

For me I'm a 0 or 100 kinda guy.

Like a light bulb I'm on or off.

I'm like a square wave;

a periodic wave that varies abruptly in amplitude between two fixed values, spending equal times at each.
SquareWave

When I smoke I'm at 1
And when I stop I'm at 0

This is how how I like to live my life.

If I'm passionate enough about something to stay at 1. To invest myself fully in it. That means I must truly enjoy it.

And if don't enjoy something i stop doing it.

260px Yin yang

In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang (also yin-yang or yin yang, 陰陽 yīnyáng "dark—bright") describe how seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another.

That's another form of life philosophy I like to apply to my life.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter

I can't sleep
I can't eat
Am nauseas all day

im the same ^^^^^ .

gwheels

gwheels

After a week or so the dreams you have will be so vivid they will freak you out a bit. Your subconsciouses mind will explode in activity. The first weeks is the toughest and then it gets better. The last time I did it I found out the weed I had was way stronger than I thought it was. I had to lie down after half a doob. :)

dan1989

dan1989

After a week or so the dreams you have will be so vivid they will freak you out a bit. Your subconsciouses mind will explode in activity. The first weeks is the toughest and then it gets better. The last time I did it I found out the weed I had was way stronger than I thought it was. I had to lie down after half a doob. :)
Thanks man that helps. :) not feeling as bad as I thought I would. Won't speak too soon though...

dan1989

dan1989

Day 3.

Feeling ok. Really busy at work so got that to keep my mind occupied. Evenings are harder because that's when I would usually have a smoke, but the time I would have spent rolling/smoking the joint is now being spent with my kids so it's all good :)

jipp

jipp

least you aint burning bridges with depression like i have. hha.
opiates suck. knees healing feeling better, no exercise yet.. ill make damn sure this f ucker is ready for rehab before i try to walk at night again, crutches.. sucks walking long distance on them, hah..

chris.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Sounds like you need to have a set time for you to have a smoke that's how myself and my wife do 10am after all the morning fun of kids off to school & again at 10 pm after all the day's activities have been completed and kids are in bed , I make the pot wait for me to partake not the other way around . It's not for everyone but it works in my situation hope your doing ok mate chin up and walk tall .

dan1989

dan1989

Sounds like you need to have a set time for you to have a smoke that's how myself and my wife do 10am after all the morning fun of kids off to school & again at 10 pm after all the day's activities have been completed and kids are in bed , I make the pot wait for me to partake not the other way around . It's not for everyone but it works in my situation hope your doing ok mate chin up and walk tall .

Thanks man, that does help. It was actually you yourself who kind of put things in perspective for me the other day when we were talking about houses and stuff. I want that. To have my little ones grow up in a house of our own. Like you say the weed will wait for me. I'm not gonna die from not smoking for a while, life is good, and I'll damn sure enjoy a joint a whole lot more when I'm sitting in a leather recliner in my man shed at the end of the garden in a house that's all mine. You probably don't realise you helped, but you kind of put things in perspective for me when we had that little chat, so thanks for that brother. Respect! By the way that line about the pot waiting for you to partake was awesome! And so very true.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks man, that does help. It was actually you yourself who kind of put things in perspective for me the other day when we were talking about houses and stuff. I want that. To have my little ones grow up in a house of our own. Like you say the weed will wait for me. I'm not gonna die from not smoking for a while, life is good, and I'll damn sure enjoy a joint a whole lot more when I'm sitting in a leather recliner in my man shed at the end of the garden in a house that's all mine. You probably don't realise you helped, but you kind of put things in perspective for me when we had that little chat, so thanks for that brother. Respect! By the way that line about the pot waiting for you to partake was awesome! And so very true.
Ites my brother stay focused .

dan1989

dan1989

Day 4.

Not having any trouble sleeping like some others may experience, but woke up feeling irritable. Went out and sat on the balcony with a cigarette and a coffee, watched the sun rise and felt better. On my way to work now so feeling irritable again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom