my current search for a lady.

• Thread starter jeffadies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I tried the twisty ties but that idea sucked..the string thing works a ton better.
Im still learning so dont laugh to hard..:)

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
ona gel and water... ghetto huh.lol

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
well now its time for me to learn to clone so here's my progress with my diy bubble cloner. so far 2 for 2..wish i didnt have this 6 plant limit.
weeds_056.jpg
weeds_057.jpg
weeds_058.jpg
weeds_059.jpg
weeds_061.jpg

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Well today i decided to take em out of the bubbler and put them in a 50/50 mix of happy frog and vermiculite. Transplant went fine. So i got really high and forgot to put the the dome on..by the time i saw it this had happened.
weeds_065.jpg
weeds_067.jpg

In my panic to save them i scrambled to make this little dome out of a cake lid and a ice cream bucket..such a fat kid..mmm cake and icecream..lol
weeds_068.jpg

after an hour in this i was shocked that i saved them...this being my first attempt at cloning.
weeds_069.jpg

:bongsmi: im proud of myself..back to gettin ripped.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
thanks brutha I will be super happy if i get both of these to the veg room. not really sure how many days i should keep em in the dome but im thinking i will give em a few more minutes without it every day till that seem right.

jagle

jagle

ya well id say take it off for a few hours and see how she gets on like, shows bad signs put it back, looks ok, leave it on haha

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I will give it a shot in the morning and see how they do.. cloning is so easy ..i dont know why i was so afraid of it.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Here are some pics at a week and a half into bloom. I let them get way to big before flippin the switch so im gonna ride it out and tie these bitches down as much as i have to. I am getting some stretch but i assume this is because its a CFL grow.

weeds_098.jpg
weeds_097.jpg
weeds_099.jpg
weeds_096.jpg
weeds_107.jpg
weeds_104.jpg
weeds_100.jpg

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
In the next few weeks i will be getting my 400w hps and im wondering will this shock the plants already in bloom? Obviously i would stay 30 inches from the canopy to start.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Very Cool

Your Mcguyver skills are inspiring, the 400w hps shouldn't hurt your plants, just start it a little high and lower it slowly to about 18". If you can get it closer without hurting your plants go for it
say start it 30" high, next day 24" next day 18" etc.

mal

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
haha thank you. So if i do like your saying then things should be ok as long as i pay close attention..Would it be a waste of resources to keep using the cfl lights aswell or would it be smarter to save the money on the electric bill by ditchin the CFL's all together?

jagle

jagle

na id run the 400 hops up top cfl's for side/under lighting, or in between the plants/walls you know, the buds dont do anything the leafs convert light into energy/food so the more light on the leafs the better.

where you picking up this 400watt from?

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I found guy on craigslist with 12 400w hps ballasts new for 50 bucks each..now im waiting to hear back from him...fingers crossed

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I am going to try to buy a few from him so i will definitely let you know.

jagle

jagle

will need to buy new cords and shipping wont be a fun cost id say

Top Bottom