My Disappointing, even PATHETIC Grow!

• Thread starter Kampbe1l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

for some odd reason, my other half doesn't like lavender and rosemary. but she allows me to grow my 'beans'. what the...?

it's like a straight out 'no', no room for any debate. and there i am thinking about potpourri.....

inconsistent messages, she commandeered the lemon balm and basil, got her own ideas. i tried to explain even a theme-based kitchen/herb garden - i'm into fragrance and culinary, while she is mainly into culinary and flowers. it matters not at this moment, as long as these plants gets bigger & this herb garden gets larger in number of different plants.

i am going to shirk this issue for a while, buy everything but lavender and rosemary. thinking of starting off with lemon-scented herb garden - but gonna buy some mints this week.

i'm thinking one of us is drunk....and the other one needs to get drunk. i didn't realise i was in the bad books. i have no logical counterargument, it simply doesn't make any sense to me, unless i'm really drunk, maybe.

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

for some odd reason, my other half doesn't like lavender and rosemary. but she allows me to grow my 'beans'. what the...?

it's like a straight out 'no', no room for any debate. and there i am thinking about potpourri.....

inconsistent messages, she commandeered the lemon balm and basil, got her own ideas. i tried to explain even a theme-based kitchen/herb garden - i'm into fragrance and culinary, while she is mainly into culinary and flowers. it matters not at this moment, as long as these plants gets bigger & this herb garden gets larger in number of different plants.

i am going to shirk this issue for a while, buy everything but lavender and rosemary. thinking of starting off with lemon-scented herb garden - but gonna buy some mints this week.

i'm thinking one of us is drunk....and the other one needs to get drunk. i didn't realise i was in the bad books. i have no logical counterargument, it simply doesn't make any sense to me, unless i'm really drunk, maybe.
Rule #1 Obey the wife always or else.That thing the wife telling you what to do is what you've always wanted. ......there are no other ruled class treated so well as us.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i have no idea what i am doing with this DWC. i just do a reservoir change every fortnight, add what i think is about right, and then this plant is left alone.

20200920 200747

i just did a reservoir change last night - 15 litres of water (left overnight to de-chlorinate), 30 mls of Cannazym, 20 mls of Go-Green Cal-Mag and 7 mls of Canna Aqua [A + B], which added up to around TDS 400 PPM and pH 5.8 (without any pH adjustments). oh, the nutrient was around 22c. I have been slowing over the last couple of months, increasing the nutrient strength to this point.

i thought 15 litres was too high in the reservoir, so I took out 2 Litres to lower its level so much of the root ball is suspended above the solution.

20200920 201409

some of the leaves are curling upwards around the edges - i gather its an indication of the condition of the roots. what should I do or look out for, here?

some reviews of this mango kush variety recommends not to grow in DWC, as they are heavy magnesium feeders - and i read these reviews after taking this cutting. thoughts of pruning this bushy plant...

oh, she stinks.

blasius

blasius

[

yup, i'm into herbs. thought about setting up a herb/kitchen garden for ages, regardless of this odour issue. so, its a side project, which is also now a project within my grow, a project which suddenly has more momentum.

plan is to go to a nursery tomorrow....
Lemon Balm (perennial) is great also, and keeps the mosquitos away.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

this sort of shit interests me...

Capture 20200922

Spring Equinox 2020 in Southern Hemisphere will be at 11:30 pm on Tuesday , 22 September

for me, its an indication to start to plant out for the upcoming outdoor season.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
this sort of shit interests me...

View attachment 1034370

Spring Equinox 2020 in Southern Hemisphere will be at 11:30 pm on Tuesday , 22 September

for me, its an indication to start to plant out for the upcoming outdoor season.
My seeds have cracked and are set my pots n soil mix is flushed and ready to go in 2 weeks time , I’m further south and we have got snow n frost predicted so I’ll get my seedlings under my skylight in my grow shed for know . Running 4 x Very Cherry ,2 x Strawberry Lights 2x Guiding Lights . Od .

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

okay, maybe i didn't think this thru. i am making a lot of this up as i go along.

i figured this plant codenamed MK10 needed to be re-potted - got no pickies of this repotting, as I was preoccupied struggling by myself to peel the 3-gallon fabric pot, without damaging the plant and her roots.

20200920 160340z

i used half the 50 litre bag of soil mix, which i added remaining perlite i had. that wasn't planned either, using so much soil mix on just this single pot, i knew i should have ordered another bag.

after repotting, now, i got the dilemma which i was avoiding - where am i going to find a permanent home for it?

20200923 194442z

agh......i did bite off more than i can chew, this is getting out of control. i need a backyard. no, another larger tent....

it's a case of underestimating or overestimating - underestimated how much soil mix i was gonna use, and overestimated how many plants to a given space. it must be close to a 10 gallon pot. yup, a fucking dilemma, it is.

had some radical thoughts, which i need to contain back in that Genie Bottle.

then, there are other matters at hand, which needs to be tended to, soon, if not immediately...

i need a harsh prune myself. need to settle down, and tackle these matters, break-it-down.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

okay, it's no longer something which can be left on the backburner. Bogged, lost all momentum, left to get to this point where it now requires immediate attention and action. its being bugging me, now it's time to tackle this odour issue.

the dimensions of my small tent is 2' (W) x 2' (L) x 6' (H) = 24 cubic feet. The air flow requirements, approximately 160 CFM - exchanging the air within the g-tent every 2 minutes.

Capture phresh carbon filters

Given this raw data, Phresh Carbon Filter 4" x 12" (with its 200 CFM) rating would do the job. But i find 4" an awkward size to handle, so i decided to go 6" size instead.

and this is something i run into a lot with all my hobbies - i found it hard to source these products, running into out-of-stock. eventually, i bought a Phresh 150 mm x 300 mm carbon filter, expect delivery end of the week.

this isn't the end of the story, onto the next topic which I dislike - choice of 150 mm exhaust fan. any recommendations, there?

i need other bits & pieces for this setup, 6" clamps, maybe ducting, ducting tape, get 'em during the week.

sambapati

sambapati

okay, it's no longer something which can be left on the backburner. Bogged, lost all momentum, left to get to this point where it now requires immediate attention and action. its being bugging me, now it's time to tackle this odour issue.

the dimensions of my small tent is 2' (W) x 2' (L) x 6' (H) = 24 cubic feet. The air flow requirements, approximately 160 CFM - exchanging the air within the g-tent every 2 minutes.

View attachment 1036494

Given this raw data, Phresh Carbon Filter 4" x 12" (with its 200 CFM) rating would do the job. But i find 4" an awkward size to handle, so i decided to go 6" size instead.

and this is something i run into a lot with all my hobbies - i found it hard to source these products, running into out-of-stock. eventually, i bought a Phresh 150 mm x 300 mm carbon filter, expect delivery end of the week.

this isn't the end of the story, onto the next topic which I dislike - choice of 150 mm exhaust fan. any recommendations, there?

i need other bits & pieces for this setup, 6" clamps, maybe ducting, ducting tape, get 'em during the week.
WRITE down what you need then get TWO of everything. I bought a Hitachi air puifier it is nothing short of amazing. Just plug and play. The ozone generator (free) also puts out a sterile odor....drying time here....better than crying..

20200926 181036
20200926 174355
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i culled one of the older plants from my garden, its not something i like doing.

i had placed this plant more than a month ago, into the living room, protected from the late winter conditions - but she started to bud, and emit stronger smell.

she wasn't going to produce much, so she was sacrificed for the greater cause, even for security measures. her small immature buds into a brown paper bag, to dry.

this is what pushed me over the edge, when i pulled out my wallet today, and bought a carbon filter. though this carbon filter is to be setup for the tent, rather than those plants growing in the lounge room.

one step at a time.

sambapati

sambapati

i culled one of the older plants from my garden, its not something i like doing.

i had placed this plant more than a month ago, into the living room, protected from the late winter conditions - but she started to bud, and emit stronger smell.

she wasn't going to produce much, so she was sacrificed for the greater cause, even for security measures. her small immature buds into a brown paper bag, to dry.

this is what pushed me over the edge, when i pulled out my wallet today, and bought a carbon filter. though this carbon filter is to be setup for the tent, rather than those plants growing in the lounge room.

one step at a time.
Walk away from the edge Wally

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

one step back from the edge, now.

looking for a 150 mm exhaust fan to pair with this carbon filter might throw me over this edge. another topic area, i get bogged down, not going anywhere fast, close to going bananas again.

still got a few other things to figure out - what 150 mm exhaust fan, what fan controller (variac?) and what setup exactly? ok, the carbon filter is to be placed outside the tent, and that's where its at.

it seems unrelated, i'm starting to hunt for a second & larger tent - to neaten up this odour management.

sambapati

sambapati

one step back from the edge, now.

looking for a 150 mm exhaust fan to pair with this carbon filter might throw me over this edge. another topic area, i get bogged down, not going anywhere fast, close to going bananas again.

still got a few other things to figure out - what 150 mm exhaust fan, what fan controller (variac?) and what setup exactly? ok, the carbon filter is to be placed outside the tent, and that's where its at.

it seems unrelated, i'm starting to hunt for a second & larger tent - to neaten up this odour management.
Seriously get a handle on the odor mgt program w/2 tokin tents. Get the wife to give you $ for all the parts, then wake up cobba....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i'm gonna take everything in the context of this flu disruptions, at times, its can get a bit unsettling, and it affects my decision-making.

so, i'm just chilling today, day off work, smoke some of my harvest which has cured really nicely - simply enjoy today, it's a warm sunny Sydney day.

when i settle down, i can tackle whatever is on our plates.

20200928 085119

i don't normally buy this sort of potting mix - it has slow-release fertiliser & water crystals. but this potting mix is for the herb garden - got some Vietnamese Mint & Cat Grass yesterday. Our Master, our cat, didn't go for cat-nip (cat-mint).

20200928 085119

good time, spring, to start a herb/kitchen garden, and i have some themes in mind. it's all loosely designed/planned - first stage is to buy plants as they tickle my fancy, then to get into specific designs/purposes.

20200928 085127

20200928 085112
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

took delivery today, opened the packaging....

20200929 134340

WTF?

Hang on, that's right. I couldn't source a Phresh 150 mm carbon filter, all sold-out. So, i ordered this 100 mm x 300 mm version, i forgot. i looked at other brands, and their 150 mm models were sold out. Popular size, huh?

20200929 134446

alright, must have thought, stuff it, order the carbon filter, fool, then go from there, get some momentum going in setting up odour management.

so, here I am, with a 100 mm carbon filter, and not much else. shit.

20200929 140505

what do i need, making a shopping list? besides some sanity. reduction clamps from 100 mm to 150 mm (coz i got 150 mm ducting), two 100 mm duct clamps, three duct 150 mm clamps, and an exhaust fan with fan controller.

okay, this carbon filter is rated just over 200 CFM, while my tent requires about 170 CFM.....hunt is on.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

AC Infinity AI-CLT6KT Cloudline T6 is out of the question, i could only source one retailer and it's an arm & leg.

Capture AC Infinity AI CLT6KT Cloudline T6

AC Infinity Cloudline T4 is half the price, and again I could only source one retailer. this is the brickwall we Aussies run into in our small domestic market. i'm wary of ordering electronic goods from overseas.

i almost bought the T4 last night, as i got this 100 mm carbon filter - but i remember i backed off with this purchase. the T4 is rated just over 200 CFM, so i figured it would be running at its 100% settings - maybe the T4 is not adequate. and again, because of the scarcity of these products here - i'm looking elsewhere.

shit.

sambapati

sambapati

AC Infinity AI-CLT6KT Cloudline T6 is out of the question, i could only source one retailer and it's an arm & leg.

View attachment 1037395

AC Infinity Cloudline T4 is half the price, and again I could only source one retailer. this is the brickwall we Aussies run into in our small domestic market. i'm wary of ordering electronic goods from overseas.

i almost bought the T4 last night, as i got this 100 mm carbon filter - but i remember i backed off with this purchase. the T4 is rated just over 200 CFM, so i figured it would be running at its 100% settings - maybe the T4 is not adequate. and again, because of the scarcity of these products here - i'm looking elsewhere.

shit.
Better get something to eat
20200929 185122
20200929 185131
20200929 185140
20200929 185149

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

SHIT MYSELF! RED ALERT.

I saw ropes drop, then dangle in front of our apartment windows, WTF!

pull the blinds down, move the plants away from the windows & balconies. what's happening at 8 am in the morning, and i'm in my undies, with a cuppa tea, fark!?!

Capture Apartment Remedial Works

then find out later, that they're doing some remedial work on our roof. for the next week.

now, calmer, more on amber alert. gonna have to tighten up security measures. and tend to my green aquarium water issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom