My Disappointing, even PATHETIC Grow!

• Thread starter Kampbe1l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

re-potted 4 of the cuttings, now clones with established root systems.

20200919 111844z

it's end of 3rd week of Spring, getting ready for this 2020/21 outdoor season & city apartment 'guerrilla' grow and getting ready for future batches in the tent. knock on wood, mention the war, off to a good start this season.

20200919 111850z

not sure at this moment, exactly what to do with these clones, the solutions will find me, eventually. tend to whatever that arises, when it does, tend to it then, go with the flow.

20200919 113323z

an inch layer of clayball on the bottom of these 1-gallon fabric pots, then filled with soil mix.

20200919 144554z

i only know one of these genetics, got sloppy with my labelling,

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Durban poison has no smell. You might ask OneDrop for installation advise given you speakum same lingo. Applaud your paranoia if it
You need you carbon filter in the tent I run mine around the top of tent . Hope you find a rig you can afford .

sambapati

sambapati

re-potted 4 of the cuttings, now clones with established root systems.

View attachment 1032686

it's end of 3rd week of Spring, getting ready for this 2020/21 outdoor season & city apartment 'guerrilla' grow and getting ready for future batches in the tent. knock on wood, mention the war, off to a good start this season.

View attachment 1032687

not sure at this moment, exactly what to do with these clones, the solutions will find me, eventually. tend to whatever that arises, when it does, tend to it then, go with the flow.

View attachment 1032688

an inch layer of clayball on the bottom of these 1-gallon fabric pots, then filled with soil mix.

View attachment 1032689

i only know one of these genetics, got sloppy with my labelling,
Your balls are on the bottom not the top?

sambapati

sambapati

You need you carbon filter in the tent I run mine around the top of tent . Hope you find a rig you can afford .
One Drop how about some concealment around this patio grow? I am paranoid about smells but the aircon does OK. I would like to see a detailed plan from security.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Grow a couple of jasmine vines the flower sent is a good cover . And the vine is a screen .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
do both, a layer on the bottom of the fabric pot, then layer of balls on top.

i just ran out of clayball, to do both. ordering more clayballs, and soil mix.
With using clay balls in bottom of pot can cause a water perch table which can cause problems there’s a video on my thread Soggy cheese that @Dirtbag put up its a great piece of info worth a look I use clay balls in the bottoms of my pots and I avoid the water perch by tipping my pots up with pot risers on one side of the pot so the water drains through the pot and pass through the clay balls leaving no perched water .... . Od .

constantine_greece

constantine_greece

PRE-NOTE: Take 2 on writing this thread...so, paraphrasing what I might have written before. I am suspecting the downtime last night wiped my new thread, which I swear I wrote in this 'Grow Diaries' section.

Maybe I am going crazy? I imagined writing my thread and its responses. I definitely uploaded a 'before' and 'after' photos. it's not a double post, is it? I think i was talking about my own credibility.

------------------

Yup, it's been a struggle this year. This struggle all stemmed from my visit to the store several months ago, when they didn't have the regular potting mix I had used in past grows. I made a wrong decision on-the-spot in the choice of 'premium' potting mix.

View attachment 927343

Kicking myself for making this silly mistake, getting the fundamentals wrong doesn't help. I read the bag's label closely, before purchasing! Made sure no slow-release fertiliser time-bomb, right balance of NPK,etc.

Other reason for kicking myself was not correcting this silly mistake quicker. I let it go for about a month, when I knew immediately what the issue was, unsuitable potting mix causing poor root development.

View attachment 927344

On the flip side, i learned some lessons. I found a better soil/potting mix, which i may use in future grows. i learned to tackle the issue immediately, and properly.

hey, those who never stuff up, never have the joy of figuring it out, finally. maybe, its more a relief.

i could have germinated seeds, sown it, and it would have been more developed (in the new potting mix), than rescuing these babies. But happy that i got these babies back from the dead, and i didn't burn any more seeds.

Onto the next challenge....

This is why I'm writing this grow diary here, to show others the stuffups and its fixes (or not) - rather than tellling ya all how big & beautiful my dick is.
Hey bro! From my little experience on cannabis growing, i believe that the best soil you can buy must have these features:
  1. A good soil when watered must have a "sucking" effect. What i mean is that when you water your plants, the soil must suck the water instantly and don't make a lake.
  2. When the soil dries out, it must not become one solid hard mass, like a brick.
  3. Organic soil is not always better. If you find organic soil that does the above, sure, it's the best.
Now, when it comes to nutrients, you can use throughout the entire process the Try-pack by Biobizz. Don't get crazy. They will grow.

----
Now, about the light.
I grow my plants outdoors but direct sunlight is available for only 10 hours per day, sometimes maybe 9.
Even with that, don't worry. I always say that "real" light is 10 times better than artificial.
----
Watering: Let your plants dry out completely as long as it takes even if it takes 5 days without water. Once the soil is completely dry, start watering your plants side to side and not directly in the center.
----
Moisture: Air moisture must be 40-60%. If you have lower than 40%, cut a 10L water bottle in half and place it on top of the plant. If it's higher than 60%, use a large fan to reduce moisture or a dehumidifier. If you're growing outdoors, at night the moisture may hit 100%. If that happens, move your plants inside for the night.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

[
Grow a couple of jasmine vines the flower sent is a good cover . And the vine is a screen .

yup, i'm into herbs. thought about setting up a herb/kitchen garden for ages, regardless of this odour issue. so, its a side project, which is also now a project within my grow, a project which suddenly has more momentum.

plan is to go to a nursery tomorrow....

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
[

yup, i'm into herbs. thought about setting up a herb/kitchen garden, regardless of this odour issue. so, its a side project, which is also now a project within my grow.

Great I have a good size garden with lots of fruit n veg ,herbs as well I don’t worrie about the smell from my backyard grow I lock them up at night in shed for safe keeping have fun I was at Bunnings nursery yesterday got some rosemary, time , oregano.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

it's all subjective, not something we can measure, not something that we all agree upon - smell. while my paranoia about this odour is now heightened, i like this smell - so it's hard for me to judge how strong the odour is, which heightens my paranoia, it feeds on itself. i think that my paranoia makes its smell stronger than it is - or maybe its the other way, it smells very strong to others, including my neighbours, but not to me.

your own shit smells good, no?

i think the overpowering strength of this sweet smell (to me!) was due to the harvest drying & curing, with the budding clones emitting themselves strong odour. these mango kush and blackberry kush are - no surprise- fragrant and fruity, needless to say.

gonna have to break this down a little, do this side project of herb/kitchen garden as a priority first, check out the nursery tomorrow - good timing in that its spring here.

then deal with the issue of which carbon filter - and how to set up this carbon filter. presently, i got some silly questions which i'm trying first to figure out myself. i'm a little all over the place with everything on our plates, so i'm first trying to settle down first. i think i am overthinking things, making things more complicated than it should be - an indication i'm not thinking too clear.

i think the expedition tomorrow, amongst the herbs and their smell, might clear my thoughts, too.

sambapati

sambapati

[

yup, i'm into herbs. thought about setting up a herb/kitchen garden for ages, regardless of this odour issue. so, its a side project, which is also now a project within my grow, a project which suddenly has more momentum.

🥬🥦🍐🥑🥥🍏🍉🥒🥒🍅🍎🥦🥦🥦🍆🥑🥬🥦🍻🍻🍻🍻🍹🍹🍹🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🚜🚜

BigChief612

BigChief612

Beachwalker, what kind of medium do you use?
Just want to respond to the fox farm gnat issue. I personally believe the quality of fox farms has greatly gone down in the past five years. I've found gnats in the pst three bags and it doesn't seem to be as amended with castings or guanos as it was before.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Space inside the small tent is at a premium, dddddddno more 'stuff' to be placed into the tent, if possible. So, the most feasible option is the last option 'fan & filter outside'.

Capture carbon filter options

okay, my small tent's dimensions are 2' (W) x 2' (L) x 6' (H), based on that CFM calculations, i'll base my purchasing decision.

what's the recommendation for this fan and carbon filter combination?

my main concern here is noise of the fan, as i gather these carbon filters should run 24/7. The Blauberg (?) 150 mm exhaust fan i am using, is loud. The Vivosun exhaust this Blauberg replaced, was LOUDER, and the Vivosun had a built-in fan controller. I blew an exhaust fan using after-market fan-controller, so i'm wary of purchasing another exhaust fan & fan controller.

i'm looking at the products - looking presently at these PHRESH Silex Silencers. backing off a little, as i'm getting Information Overload....i'm starting to blow my own fuse over this matter of odour and noise.

it's raining, and i'm trying to get out of the front door...

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

opposite end to ya, OD.

you got a chook shed, a vegie patch. I got a city apartment with its 2 balconies.

you make do with what you got, hey. also, different strokes, but still reading from the same music sheet, if you know what i mean.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

do you see what i am thinking?

20200920 171124z

this plant has been in ICU many times, again recovering towards full health.

she is of mango kush variety - this is the original seed, she is my 'little seedling' - given that its early spring here.

i had intended to place this plant in the tent to head towards her flowering stage, but she reacted badly under the LEDs about a fortnight ago. she is now instead designated for this 2020/21 outdoor season grow, with the full outdoor grow season ahead.

20200920 172354z

she is root-bound in her 3-gallon fabric pot, so its time for her to be re-potted into her final pot, for the full outdoor season ahead. might use this large plastic pot, more so because it's taking up space on my balcony as it is, even if it has nothing planted in it. 5-gallon is my limit, as any larger pot is simply too much for me to handle.

20200920 172357z

i had forgotten that i ran out of soil mix.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
opposite end to ya, OD.

you got a chook shed, a vegie patch. I got a city apartment with its 2 balconies.

you make do with what you got, hey. also, different strokes, but still reading from the same music sheet, if you know what i mean.
I do indeed brother .

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

yup, the beginning of a new side project, setting up a small herb/kitchen garden(s). one small step for me, one giant step for...

20200920 155345

coming back to earth, i bought a punnet of basil and lemon balm. and then got home, eager, so i parted each punnet - then i remembered, i forgot that i had run out of potting mix.

well, i did manage to scrounge up 4 pots full of soil mix.

20200920 163750

and i'm ordering more soil mix, clayballs and 1-gallon fabric pots.

gonna buy some more punnets maybe tomorrow, during this week - get a variety of herbs, focusing on those which are good companion plants and fragrant.

the objective of this side-project is to be smelly in the nice sense, fragrant.

sambapati

sambapati

yup, the beginning of a new side project, setting up a small herb/kitchen garden(s). one small step for me, one giant step for...

View attachment 1033288

coming back to earth, i bought a punnet of basil and lemon balm. and then got home, eager, so i parted each punnet - then i remembered, i forgot that i had run out of potting mix.

well, i did manage to scrounge up 4 pots full of soil mix.

View attachment 1033289

and i'm ordering more soil mix, clayballs and 1-gallon fabric pots.

gonna buy some more punnets maybe tomorrow, during this week - get a variety of herbs, focusing on those which are good companion plants and fragrant.

the objective of this side-project is to be smelly in the nice sense, fragrant.
Thai holy basil and lemongrass rosemary would all perk up your olfactories in a good way. I have fond memories of being in the blue moutains for our honeymoon and seeing the biggest rosemary bushes near a train station. You have a beautiful island there.Rained all day here and the dog is moribund. Good progress and keep your head filled with smoke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom