My dream build

• Thread starter mello
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mello

mello

Hey Farm Friends,

Been working hard for a long time. I'm now finally putting together the kind of space I've been dreaming about for years. Let me tell you all a little more....

Started with about 3,000 ft2. A concrete shell. Stand alone building.

Our design consists of one 14'x24' veg room with 8400 watts (6 x 1000's and 4 x 600's) and some t5's for baby girls. This will be feeding three 16'x24' flower rooms with 12 x 1000's each. Additionally we have a drying/curing room, a centralized and spacious work area, a garage, a res/nutes/storage room, an office, a shitter, and we're adding a shower.

All grow areas will be sealed tight. Each flower room will have 5 ton's of AC and the veg room will have 4 tons. CO2 burning everywhere.

A couple flicks to show the progress:

The floor plan we're going with:
Proposed floor plan

Roof penetrations for AC units:

Ac penetrations

Veg, dry, and work zones framed up:
Veg dry  work

Flower 1,2, and 3 framed up:

Flower 12  3

So that's the progress as of now. We're on the verge of completing the service upgrade to 400 amps. AC units get dropped in a couple days. Then insulation and drywalling. After that we'll start putting the rooms together.

Each flower room will have four 4'x12' tables on castors with 3k over each table. Each table will hold 10 plants. Will be doing one room in 7 gal's coco blend. One room will most likely be soil. And one will be Hater Buckets x chow mix (shout out to the man Dankworth!)

Been using Soul Synthetics nutes for a while and been very happy with the results. Will definitely be running that in at least one room. Hater Buckets will be getting the custom salts mix. Might even get dumb and give Aptus a run. All will be getting Cap's bennie's. Duh.

Plenty of details are undetermined at this point and I'm posting in hopes of getting good ideas from you fellow Farmers.

Some of the questions that are unanswered are what hoods to use. I've been on Magnum's for a while and am very happy with em. Been hearing good things about Adjust-a-Wings and Luxor's. Would love to hear opinions from those with experience.

Still haven't settled on what kind of watering system will be used. I've liked hand watering as it's the safest method. It also forces regular one on one contact with each plant. And the employee's need that;) But at the very least the Hater Buckets will need to be automated.

Fack, there's plenty more that I'm hoping to discuss with you guys but I've gotta run for now.

Cheers to you all.

persiankid

persiankid

Lookin good!! Subbed for sure!! Fill that room with fire magn!!

derelict

derelict

man, the finished product is going to looked sweet! how long til you finish it do you think?

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

damn bro, that sure sounds like a dream build! cant wait to see it filled with green.

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

im loving and subbed this build out, love jobs done right, good job!

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Whoa man! I'm subbed up for this one...

I prefer Magnum Ocho's to AAW's. I got really bad hot spots with the AAW's and I just like an air cooled hood. Just my .02

dankworth

dankworth

Nice work mello, clean construction. Looking very organized in there. It will be really cool seeing the side-by-side performance characteristics of the differing nutrient delivery techniques.

I think you will like the hater buckets. I am on day 40 with no rot. Such a simple system really. They sure like it when the roots hit the water.

You should put a disco ball in the work area.

Damn that is a nice gig you got going there.

joehank

joehank

Really nice! Grow big or go home!! If I had a chance to do this, I would look into FRP panels to put over the sheet rock. They are white, reflective ,and can be wiped down with a sponge. Come in 4x8 sheets and are glued to the sheetrock. Only about 1/8th thick.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Mello, that is a well thought out space and it looks great so far. One thing I would say, and you may have already thought about this, but place electrical outlets in the ceiling. Things like fans and lights can easily be plugged into those outlets, this will keep all runs of cables short and well out of your way, plus it looks A LOT cleaner. Are you going to be running 120 or 240 out lets?

I really like the Magnum XXXL hoods; I feel they offer the best light coverage for those 4 foot areas. I would be interested to see some one run the hoods from growlite.com, they have some interesting hoods (although they are rather expensive) that properly seal out all the light and still allow them to be air cooled. I am looking forward to seeing your space going full tilt.

mello

mello

Whoa man! I'm subbed up for this one...

I prefer Magnum Ocho's to AAW's. I got really bad hot spots with the AAW's and I just like an air cooled hood. Just my .02

Thanks for sharing your experience man. I've also been happy with ocho's. Not going to be air cooling so that's not a concern. We're you using the AAW medium or large?

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Great looking start to a massive project, congrats on starting your dream build! I'll be poppin in from time to time to check things out, I'm really liking the level of planning/organization you seem to have for this large an undertaking. I wish you all the best luck, and hope to see some more updates as things move forward, because I am sure there are more farmers besides me who are sharing the dream of bigger and better growing operations such as the one you are building now! Thanks for sharing everything so far!

Meeks

socalval

socalval

damn yall aint futkin around nice show any idea of what strains your going to run up in there ? With all the AC you have the AA WINGS WOULD ROCK IT but you could just go vert no hoods and save some doe just a thought you obviously know what your doing .

mello

mello

Nice work mello, clean construction. Looking very organized in there. It will be really cool seeing the side-by-side performance characteristics of the differing nutrient delivery techniques.

I think you will like the hater buckets. I am on day 40 with no rot. Such a simple system really. They sure like it when the roots hit the water.

You should put a disco ball in the work area.

Damn that is a nice gig you got going there.

Disco ball. Brilliant. Your game is always so thorough DW, thanks for blessing is. .
Stoked to see these Hater Buckets in action. Will definitely be looking to you for advice.

mello

mello

man, the finished product is going to looked sweet! how long til you finish it do you think?
Thanks Derelict. Aiming to have lights blazing in the beginning of August. Just took cuts a few days ago so they should be nearly ready to flip by that time.

Mello, that is a well thought out space and it looks great so far. One thing I would say, and you may have already thought about this, but place electrical outlets in the ceiling. Things like fans and lights can easily be plugged into those outlets, this will keep all runs of cables short and well out of your way, plus it looks A LOT cleaner. Are you going to be running 120 or 240 out lets?

I really like the Magnum XXXL hoods; I feel they offer the best light coverage for those 4 foot areas. I would be interested to see some one run the hoods from growlite.com, they have some interesting hoods (although they are rather expensive) that properly seal out all the light and still allow them to be air cooled. I am looking forward to seeing your space going full tilt.

Really nice! Grow big or go home!! If I had a chance to do this, I would look into FRP panels to put over the sheet rock. They are white, reflective ,and can be wiped down with a sponge. Come in 4x8 sheets and are glued to the sheetrock. Only about 1/8th thick.
Thanks for the suggestion Joe. How's the reflectivity of FRP? I've always used panda paper but was thinking I'd go with Reflectix as per someone else's recommendation. Any opinions on which is better?

mello

mello

Ceilings will be ten feet high so they're too high for most outlets. Will have both 120 and 240 throughout.

Agreed on the XXXL's. Though according to this: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/a-comparison-of-hid-reflectors.44545/ there are better options out there. Still undecided what we'll be using. The Luxor's have great reviews, but they're fucking 2 feet tall which may be a problem. The Growlite OG's are a similar design, but only 12 inches tall I believe.... Only downside to the Growlite's are the dimensions that seem a little small and I'd be worried about the light spread.

Decisions, decisions....

mello

mello

Great looking start to a massive project, congrats on starting your dream build! I'll be poppin in from time to time to check things out, I'm really liking the level of planning/organization you seem to have for this large an undertaking. I wish you all the best luck, and hope to see some more updates as things move forward, because I am sure there are more farmers besides me who are sharing the dream of bigger and better growing operations such as the one you are building now! Thanks for sharing everything so far!

Meeks

Thanks Meeks. Really appreciate the support.

Top Bottom