My experience with Bushmaster in Veg (Fire OG)

• Thread starter phenotyper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phenotyper

phenotyper

So, most people use BM in very early flower. I use it a day or so after the light switch at about 1ml per gallon. Some require another light dosing sometime later but usually the 1ml does the trick.

However, I got curious because I had some extra clones lying around and I wanted to see how they reacted during veg. I was especially interested because the Fire OG cut I have is an extremely lanky stretchy plant that loves to have an internode spacing that is gigantic (honestly, I think it freaks out easily and I have had a stretch of 4-5 inches between nodes!). Also, I have my veg CFLs inches from the plants and it still takes nothing for them to freak out and stretch like crazy. Because I wanted to do a run of the Fire OG (to see if it is in fact 'fire') and get a decent yield, I applied 1 ml to my (now mother) clone about a month ago.

This technique WORKS. My fire OG mother has many many top nodes now after being bent over and trained but the genetic stretch has been almost completely displaced. I have two other clones of her untreated, one currently in flower and the other in a 6" pot and they are both stretchy, horrible little beasties, but applying 1ml to the mother, the BM really changed it's growth pattern.

I rarely think most would do this, but it clearly has its place because some of these OG cuts love to stretch and have terrible internode spacing during veg. I hear people laugh when others ask about using BM during veg, but frankly, I don't think many people have done a controlled experiment.

Has anyone else used this technique with success?

SCIENCE!

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Awesome info. So ... 1 ml/gal,a day or two after flip. One time application only?

phenotyper

phenotyper

Awesome info. So ... 1 ml/gal,a day or two after flip. One time application only?

Some strains need just one application. For instance, Chocolope almost seems to choke on 1ml/gal. However, DreamQueen/Green Crack seems like it could do with a 2ml dose. I have noticed it stops the stretch after the second application of 1ml/gal, however, I have been hesitant to up the dosage more than that as it can stunt growth if you over apply.

Contrary to popular recommendations I always apply with nutes. However, I make sure they are usually on the lowish side, probably greater than half strength, but not full strength.

A final note: it works on every strain that I've tried it on but some need more than others to stop stretch. Experiment and see how they react, but I find 1ml/gallon to be a pretty reasonable starting point.

J

Jalisco Kid

A little bit higher dosages of kelp will help kick in the pgr's and will help og's from getting unruly. BM is too unstable it definitely needs to be dialed in as strains react differently to the same dose.JK

R

RockPhosphate

I tried some BM on a run of OG - 1ml p/g. It stressed the F out of them. I was a banana farmer for that cycle...

Top Bottom