My first coco grow NEEDS HELP!!

• Thread starter badhalf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
badhalf

badhalf

This is my first coco grow. im 4 weeks into veg and started out on a bumpy ride but got it under control for the last 5 days now. i got pre 98 bubba cutz from a buddy. Im using house n garden. i've been feeding once a day and did'nt learn about 20 to 30 % run off till 5 days ago and my pen was not reading the ph correctly, i flushed 6 days ago. did the run off 5 days ago with every feed since and the ph is on point plants are turning green and are showing new growth now. clones are 8 inches tall. stems and veins are still purple. Why is this? I found zoolanders nute schedule and would like to follow it but he is using canna will that work with house and garden? feed, feed, R/O ph'd water and so on.
im at 3ml of a&b I started at 1.5 ml and increased weekly hoping for change,
3ml cal mag,
1.1ml roots excel,
1ml of super thrive,
1 ml algen,
.4 ml drip clean
ph 5.8,
water temp 66F,
A/C, CO 2 , sealed room with air exchange every 3 hours for 5 mins , half the plants are 5gl smart pots other half in 2gl pots 70% coco 30% roots organics soilless mix n a tray and im watering by hand. sorry if im scattered trying to put as much info to help u help me. sorry im such a newb but i need HELP PLEASE!! all info is much appreciated thanks farmers!! ?
IMG_02092.JPG
IMG_02172.JPG

these two plants were yellow with thin leaves like the bottom ones. why are the other ones not responding like the top two?
IMG_02191.JPG
IMG_02101.JPG

S

swisscheese

My bubba kush(katsu) has purple veins/stems too it's genetic I believe. Your plants are alive and just look like they need more nutes. I recently made the switch to coco too and it's easy just make sure they get enough nitrogen looking a little pale.

S

swisscheese

There's a thread by leadsled that talks about watering that really helped me out. Basically water until runoff pick it up and see about what it weighs, when it weighs half of that water again. It took me 2 weeks to get a good feel for the coco switching from promix. I'll put some more pics up in my journal if you look at the early pics some of the plants looked like yours and now they're all dark green and loving life.

JPLord01

JPLord01

With your feeding go with. This is with H&G coco
5mils A GL.
6mils B GL
1tesp of esp salt. for 5 GL
1 tesp of Kool Bloom for 5 GL
5mils of Cal-Mag +
At 5 mils of A your #s will look like this.
N 52
P 0
K 36
At 6 mils of B your #s will look like this.
N 24
P 23
K 80
Mg 13
Then add 1 tesp kool bloom (2-45-28) 5gl
N 5
P 52
K 61
Mg 3
Then add 1 tesp of esp salt (Mg) 5gl
Mg 35
Then CAL-MAG at 5mils
N 27
Ca 42
Mg 15.8
So add it all up you get.
N 108+ root exl = 112
P 75 + drip clean = 84
K 177 +drip clean = 182
Ca 42
Mg 66.8
I dont know what the Ca is in the A&B there is Ca in it so your CA # will be higher.
This is what Im run my ppm are at 550 to 600 with out cal mag with it it is 700 to 800 ppms. PH 5.6 to 5.8. Im growing in 3 gl smart pots for 24 plants
10gl of water to water all of them with run off. After watering there is 5gl of run off in the waste tub. I water every day at light on. I post up photos today. This is what im runing and it is working for me. I do run root exl, drip clean and hygrozyme.And this is with RO water. If they need more or less + or- as needed. HAPPY GROWING !!!

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I found zoolanders nute schedule and would like to follow it but he is using canna will that work with house and garden? feed, feed, R/O ph'd water and so on.

Yes, better to underfeed than overfeed. The regular watering will prevent salt buildup and lockout. The Drip Cean is a treatment for that as well. Or some use runoff. Use at least one of these techniques to prevent lockout, or combine 2 of them.

im at 3ml of a&b I started at 1.5 ml and increased weekly hoping for change,
3ml cal mag,
1.1ml roots excel,
1ml of super thrive,
1 ml algen,
.4 ml drip clean
ph 5.8,
water temp 66F,
A/C, CO 2 , sealed room with air exchange every 3 hours for 5 mins , half the plants are 5gl smart pots other half in 2gl pots 70% coco 30% roots organics soilless mix n a tray and im watering by hand. sorry if im scattered trying to put as much info to help u help me. sorry im such a newb but i need HELP PLEASE!! all info is much appreciated thanks farmers!! ?

Relax, you're doing great! Your nutes look good except for 1ml of SuperThrive. Most people seem to use 2-3 drops per gal. Also, you can ramp up the A&B to 5ml.

badhalf

badhalf

Cool, Man thanks a bunch guys!!
Darth thats what i thinking was to kick it up to 5mls of a+b its just i experienced burn in the 1st week and am real nervous bout hitting them harder. My pen was off and didnt know what the problem was. Then process of elimination one thing after an other then BAM. i will drop the super thrive down to 3 drops and kick up the A+B. Thanks again guys!!

badhalf

badhalf

Also my friend told me to add the cal mag first when batching my nutes, every time . Is this true ? If I remember his reason is when using R/O ur removing all the minerals n metals and they should be replaced first before adding any base nutes.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Yes when you use RO water you need Cal Mag. just run 5mil A&B and your root exl and drip clean with calmag when you start to see them get bigger you will need to bump it up to 6 then 7. you will be fine. 7 will put at 800 to 900 with calmag thats your ppms.
Calmag at 5 mils. With run off every watering.At 5 mils your ppm are 400ppms thats not much.

badhalf

badhalf

I understand i need cal mag. what im asking is, Is it necessary to put the cal mag first ( BEFORE ANY THING THAT GOES INTO THE WATER)?

badhalf

badhalf

Thats what i do because my friend told me and he is more experienced than i am . I was just wondering if it really mattered

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I add cal mag in first
Ok.... Jesus, I.. I have to do this publicly because I meant to give that rep to the post ABOVE yours. Otherwise it will make absolutely no sense whatsoever except, I hope, knowing that I just took a fat bonger of Shut The Fuck Up right before I hit 'enter'.

Christ, I'm a ditz sometimes. Wouldja mind giving him the rep I gave you? :giggle

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol I have given out too much rep in the last 24 hours

purpleberry

purpleberry

Im with swisscheese, go read the watering thread and treat it more like soil when they are that small, Let them dry out some between waterings.

badhalf

badhalf

I have done just that and i think one more day should do it! I want to follow zoo's feeding schedule feed, feed, ph'd water. should i hit them with plain ph'd water next? the past 5 feeds have been with nutes . its just there so pale i feel they need something.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

finish the nutes you have and then get a simple coco nute . CNS-17 original formula or new formula will do you well.
dutchmaster one should also work well for you. so water is 5.8 ph and the nutes above are i part. K.I.S.S. is best with coco. it doesn't need alot. good nutes , water ph'd .and your are done.

badhalf

badhalf

finish the nutes you have and then get a simple coco nute . CNS-17 original formula or new formula will do you well.
dutchmaster one should also work well for you. so water is 5.8 ph and the nutes above are i part. K.I.S.S. is best with coco. it doesn't need alot. good nutes , water ph'd .and your are done.

Thanks HS. I'll look into CNS-17 next run . I already bought the H&G line . one tray is doing good. lucky for me the hydro store ran out of smart pots
i transplanted str8 to 5 gl smart pots and the other half 2 gl pots from home depot and those are looking good. just switched out the 600 hps to a 1k hps today i left the 600 on the tray that isn't doing good. I jump the gun and rushed things early now im paying for it. I hope they snap out of it soon cause the other tray is taking off and they both get the same feed. i dont get it.

badhalf

badhalf

ok i think i found an other problem. heat stress. i bumped up to a 1k from a 600 over the good looking plants and there kind of droopy all tho they needed to be water but they never did that before but then again i was feeding them every day and switch to every other. i cant seem to find the sweet spot for these ladies. Any body have any ideas bout heat stress. i raised the light but i think thats all i can do. there 10 inches now should i put the 600 back over them?

Top Bottom