My first coco grow NEEDS HELP!!

• Thread starter badhalf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not heat, lumen stress/shock. You can raise the hood, or put a piece of glass or window screen in between the light and the girls. That's an old reefkeeper's trick to get corals acclimated to new lighting.

badhalf

badhalf

i have a glass in the hood i never took it out .maybe its better that i didnt could be worse. i raised it as high as it can go. i'll give it a day or 2 if no signs of getting better i'll put a screen under the hood. Can i tape it to the hood? or should there be some distancefrom the hood?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wouldn't tape screen to the hood, I would have a concern about melting or fire of the screen and/or the tape. Can you use something else over the plant? Think "light shade". It shouldn't take much.

Also, when you up the light intensity, they usually need at least slightly stronger feed.

badhalf

badhalf

Cool!! No need for the screen there were fine after i raised the light, and fed them. next day was all good. And you are right bout upping the feed cause thats what i did and BAM.

badhalf

badhalf

hey all farmers that had given me advise. All is working out just fine everything is dialed in and showing a lot of growth. Thanks a bunch and hopefully i have a bunch of WEED.

T

tomsawyer

Are you using the H&G Coco? that stuff rocks. Shouldn't need Cal Mag with it. Already has the Calcium. 3ml is way low for plants that size. Give them some fuel for the fire. Don't over water!

badhalf

badhalf

Are you using the H&G Coco? that stuff rocks. Shouldn't need Cal Mag with it. Already has the Calcium. 3ml is way low for plants that size. Give them some fuel for the fire. Don't over water!

Yeah I'm using the H&G coco got over the hurdle girls are taking off new growth daily loving it now everybody on the farm has been super helpful this site rocks

JPLord01

JPLord01

TS you do need calmag with H&G coco dont give bad info. All the grower that are growing in coco run calmag. Some plants need more then other. Im now runing 10mils
of calmag and all my plants are very happy. I run calmag + and General Organics CaMg+
both at 5 mils. Run your PH at 5.9 to 6.0 this is the best range for coco.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hey all farmers that had given me advise. All is working out just fine everything is dialed in and showing a lot of growth. Thanks a bunch and hopefully i have a bunch of WEED.

how about a bunch of DANK weed?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Like the dollies for the plants. You have a vertical light in there?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Cool. I have 4&5 too. You have an awesome advantage with the movable plants and the vertical lighting. That lets you really max the plants growth by having that perfect distance to the light. Keep up the great work.

-TF

badhalf

badhalf

thanks! i picked up the dollies in the garden section at home depot for $7a piece

Top Bottom