my first grow

• Thread starter thegardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thegardener

thegardener

well it is what it says ive been smokin for years but this is my first attempt to grow my own ladies, im going with white dwarf, under a 120watt cfl soon to be 2 (one will cool spec) the photos arent in the correct order but itll be ok :)

let me know if theres anything i can do to improve the out-come of this

thanks
29032011318.jpg
29032011317.jpg
29032011316.jpg
28032011315.jpg
26032011309.jpg
26032011308.jpg
02042011334.jpg
02042011333.jpg
02042011332.jpg
02042011331.jpg

more images from today to follow :)

jagle

jagle

right your babies are stretching for the light thats why they look so weak, so lower them cfls to 1-2 inchs away from the leafs, and bury the stalks up to about an inch away from the leafs thatll help, otherwise they are just gonna continue to grow like that, wont be able to support themselves and be very slow to grow

thegardener

thegardener

excellent stuff ive dropped the lights an raised the soil level
09042011343.jpg
09042011342.jpg
08042011335.jpg
08042011336.jpg
08042011335.jpg
08042011340.jpg

the pictures are a little bit all over the shop but the soil has been raised and the lights lowered(havent got a pic of that yet but i will)

jagle

jagle

yep those first 3, that soil level is perfect, they are coming along nicely

ive got the same pots i think haha

thegardener

thegardener

excellent stuff :) hahaha i pick em up in lidl or aldi cant remember niiice an cheap an boi degradable :D the first ones are the corrected soil level ones, im using hesi tnt feed givin it to em once a week at the moment sould i give them more?? or will that do for now?

jagle

jagle

excellent stuff :) hahaha i pick em up in lidl or aldi cant remember niiice an cheap an boi degradable :D the first ones are the corrected soil level ones, im using hesi tnt feed givin it to em once a week at the moment sould i give them more?? or will that do for now?

yep soil level in the first few is fine, right up to below those baby leafs, and eh i wouldnt feed em anything, there should be enough nuts in the soil to do em for now, id start feeding 1/4 or 1/2 strenght nuts every other feed about week 3 or 4.

where abouts you based?

thegardener

thegardener

i was jsut reading there and i wanted to ask would itbe a good idea to do a scrog grow wit auto flowering low ryders? is there anythign i need to know to set about doing it??

jagle

jagle

i was jsut reading there and i wanted to ask would itbe a good idea to do a scrog grow wit auto flowering low ryders? is there anythign i need to know to set about doing it??

no Pm's untill you hit 50 posts, so get them pots counts up, and i dunno about atuto's and scrog, i guess someone else can

sorry

check out my grow in my sig, had issues, lost it all but one, but you bounce back, im planning something big now tho to make up for it

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

hey there thegardener welcome to the world of growing. this is the place to get your answers cos my guess is you will have a billion questions throughout this grow. a little word of advice though is to get rid of that tin foil cardboard box set up as foil wont reflect the light any where near as much as you will want it will reflect a lot of heat to your little girls tho which isnt too good either. and the box because i think it may be a little dangerous. do you have any fans for intake etc? TS1

jagle

jagle

flat matt white paint is the best thing you can get to hand cheap and easy, after that mylar or some other form of reflective material would be better but matt, and it has to be matt white paint works well mate

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

jagles right for a cheap answer paint the inside of your new box in matt white. you should try and sort your air flow out pretty soon bud as high temps are deadly. TS1

H

HouseChron

Not sure about low riders and scrog.

Suggestion: Add Ventilation. You can use a cheap computer fan with this aswell to get good flow.

jagle

jagle

Not sure about low riders and scrog.

Suggestion: Add Ventilation. You can use a cheap computer fan with this aswell to get good flow.

indeed cheap pc fans, and phone chargers or those adjustable voltage ones

thegardener

thegardener

thanks guys ventilation is on its way,ive ordered a computer fan can that be ran off a 12volt plug wit transformer? or will it have to be ran off a 9volt battery? , is there wayone here who knows how to wire 4 lights on the one line, id be confident in my ability to do it i just not 100% sure

more pic to follow :)

jagle

jagle

an old phone charger can be used to drive a pc fan.
about wiring the lights in series its very handy, the light holders i bought came with a very handy lil fold out guide on how to do it, if you dont have one of them, a google will show you how to, its no harder then changing a plug really

thegardener

thegardener

excellent ive ordered one off komplett, only 9euro :) i didnt get any fold out anything, what should i be googling jangles? im useless when it comes to this,

Latest posts

Top Bottom