my first grow

• Thread starter thegardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thegardener

thegardener

ya i just got it sorted there now, going to wire it up and see where i can go from there :D

thegardener

thegardener

well after 2 blown fuses 2 trips of the mains and a nasty shock i wont be living down anytime soon i have wired my lights MYSELF :D haha the ladies have shown improvment even over night since being put under the 4 cfls :) so heres soem pictures i took just moments ago
100_0300.JPG
100_0295.JPG
100_0293.JPG

looking well i thik for my first attempt :)

oh an here my breakfast :P nom nom nom
100_0301.JPG

thegardener

thegardener

sound man, the fan will be installed ovr the next few days, and ive ordered wood for my box im goin to be building, but ive been reading and i tot i might aswell put somemore info out there

ive got 4 24 watt cfls, each givin about 1100lumes so that like 4400 in total,
being a novice at this im not 100% what that means but iits there, is there anythign else i shoulld be doing ??

jagle

jagle

sound man, the fan will be installed ovr the next few days, and ive ordered wood for my box im goin to be building, but ive been reading and i tot i might aswell put somemore info out there

ive got 4 24 watt cfls, each givin about 1100lumes so that like 4400 in total,
being a novice at this im not 100% what that means but iits there, is there anythign else i shoulld be doing ??

long as your temps and humidity are fine your golden for now, 9 more posts and you can pm too haha

thegardener

thegardener

oooh im gettin there :D

i woke up this morning and the tips of the leafs on one of the ladies was weithering and turning brown, i thinkg it could be cause it grew into the light over night and was touching it thismorning when it came on, is this a possibility??

jagle

jagle

yep indeed, about 1-2 inchs away from the plants your lights should be with a cfl grow

thegardener

thegardener

first time grow LST question

hey im 3 weeks into my first grow,

Strain: white dwarf (lowryder auto flower 12weeks)
lights: 4x 23 watt cfls

thats my grow there, what i wanted to ask is should i or is it even possible to train these plants or should i leave it for a different strain, or wait till i have a harvest under my belt or something, any advice would be nice :)

thegardener

thegardener

ya sorted that out there jsut takining it day by day at the moment tryin not to let it go tits up :D

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Training is irrelevant to an autoflower grower. Vegetative growth can't be prolonged, so you'd only be crippling the little things.

Most newbies do the most damage by being too attentive and worrisome, like a new parent is overprotective of their first child. It's a weed. Give it ideal conditions and let it be, and you'll do fine.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Try to pick up a stronger light. At least a 400 HPS if you can swing it. You wont see much yield, or strain potential with the flourescents. Keep the 400 abotu 3-4 ft away at first, and gradually lower through the course of a week to about 12-14" away. Keep an eye on the temps with a cheap thermometer. Try to keep it under 82 and above 75.

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

hows your girls getting on now the gardner

gardener sorry

very nice illustration , could'nt have done better myself --- hope you dont mind me chiming in but , farmer jon had a point . on a subpanel you isolate the nuetral and bond the ground , to the can itself with the little green screw -- in the picture you have the opposite -- you are currently bonding the nuetral and isolating the ground (the nuetral does carry a load) , remove the little green screw next to the nuetral lug and move it to the ground lug or just swap the two wires .. only being helpful

thegardener

thegardener

well there now under a 400watt sodium :d pic will follow :)

thegardener

thegardener

help :(

ok wll theyve been under the new light now for about 2 hours and there has been some dodgy action on the go not sure if uts just cause i changed light or what any advice would be awesome thanks

02052011385.jpg
02052011384.jpg
02052011383.jpg
02052011382.jpg
02052011381.jpg

thegardener

thegardener

indeed lets give us an update mate

well i was panicing earlier when i posted the ladies are a little worse for wear at the moment, watered them this morning got the new 400watt at lunch had them underit wit in 10 minutes the leaves all dropped an look well dyin to be honest, there was a few little brown tips befor nothing i was worried about i knew the cfls were to hot, hopefully this new light works an there just havin a little rest an be back to health in a few hours

Latest posts

Top Bottom