my first grow

• Thread starter thegardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thegardener

thegardener

buy 2 cheap pc fans one for intake one for exhaust

i ordered them but i dunno whats goin on wit them thats why i just pickd up the cheapest fan i could find in argos :p once i do get the fans whats the best way to wire them?? to one of them 12volt plugs?? or somekinda hotwire job to a 9volt battery?

jagle

jagle

i ordered them but i dunno whats goin on wit them thats why i just pickd up the cheapest fan i could find in argos :p once i do get the fans whats the best way to wire them?? to one of them 12volt plugs?? or somekinda hotwire job to a 9volt battery?

ive got mine wired into 12 volt ac to dc wallwarts, like a phone charger should work too

thegardener

thegardener

excellent stuff thanks man, hope its all clean sailing from here

CannadianCream

CannadianCream

Hey man I hope all is going well for you and your first grow. I had some experience with the autos before and although the yields were dissapointing the smoke was awesome and the fact it only took 10 weeks rocks my socks lol. but yeah man it as far a scrogging goes and depending on your plants id say your better off tying them down to one side. it also depends on how much work you want to to do as well hahaha. My experience with autos has been they dont get very tall and they didnèt branch out to crazily and since your using cfls or one cfl your not going to get alot of light penetration. If you tie them down to the side of your pots youll get an even spread of light across each entire plant. I dont know how your plants act but i would have to say the scrog will be more effort than its worth but thats just me man. anyways i hope it helps.IMO scrog is more effort than its worth iim all for training plants man it does increase yields and opens up the plants but havin a bunch a wire and tubes everywhere and once they in the screen they be stuck lol stuff changes too much for me to be stuck in one position and if you have males you got pull em out of the screen later lol so yeah i dont even really use much anymore usually just one twist tie for the top of the plant to get tied down sideways then i just work the rest of the plant by hand getting everything where i want it and oh man shit im ramblin i think this post is getting outa control im gonna shut up now lol. I hope this helps and i hope you get some nice plants and smoke man. Best of luck

thegardener

thegardener

Hey man I hope all is going well for you and your first grow. I had some experience with the autos before and although the yields were dissapointing the smoke was awesome and the fact it only took 10 weeks rocks my socks lol. but yeah man it as far a scrogging goes and depending on your plants id say your better off tying them down to one side. it also depends on how much work you want to to do as well hahaha. My experience with autos has been they dont get very tall and they didnèt branch out to crazily and since your using cfls or one cfl your not going to get alot of light penetration. If you tie them down to the side of your pots youll get an even spread of light across each entire plant. I dont know how your plants act but i would have to say the scrog will be more effort than its worth but thats just me man. anyways i hope it helps.IMO scrog is more effort than its worth iim all for training plants man it does increase yields and opens up the plants but havin a bunch a wire and tubes everywhere and once they in the screen they be stuck lol stuff changes too much for me to be stuck in one position and if you have males you got pull em out of the screen later lol so yeah i dont even really use much anymore usually just one twist tie for the top of the plant to get tied down sideways then i just work the rest of the plant by hand getting everything where i want it and oh man shit im ramblin i think this post is getting outa control im gonna shut up now lol. I hope this helps and i hope you get some nice plants and smoke man. Best of luck

thanks guy :D i have moved on from the cfls and upgraded to a 400watt hps, the ladies are to far along now for some LST but the next round will defo have it, i have some pictures that are actually uploading as i type, but yes there was some rambling but i rread it like it someone talking so it was all good :D but cheers for the input i take everythign onboard like a giant sponuge :P well i was goin to finish off this post wit pictures but the uploader has decided to say "Page not found. Contact the administrator." so ill get back on to that after dinner but the ladies are all well :D

thegardener

thegardener

well i had some downd internet there for a while but that didnt slow the ladies down, for thoese whove been following thanks :) yous will see the differance in them, actually delightd :D

24062011418.jpg

24062011417.jpg

jagle

jagle

holy shit, wow big change, all those baby buds, how long they been in 12/12, had awful luck 2 guys the one remaining girl i have now in 12/12 isnt really showing much

thegardener

thegardener

holy shit, wow big change, all those baby buds, how long they been in 12/12, had awful luck 2 guys the one remaining girl i have now in 12/12 isnt really showing much

shit one man sorry to hear that dudes crashd the plant party :(

mine have been 12 12 since about a week after the hps went one them, and i have been give some nutes by a local "guru of growth" (some ole lad who has apperently been grown since befor i was a itch in me ole lads pants..... his words not mine, but ya the nutes just came in a clear bottle and it is like gear for the plants they love it,

there startin to stink, i nice sharp dank stink :P :P

**edit**

these pics were taken befor i watered them, so please dont tell me there dry, i know haha

jagle

jagle

yep i love kissing hate when they become guys haha.
next time fem seeds i swear haha.
man love to get some of that jungle juice, found out whats in it haha.

very jealous

thegardener

thegardener

yep i love kissing hate when they become guys haha.
next time fem seeds i swear haha.
man love to get some of that jungle juice, found out whats in it haha.

very jealous

i sent word down the vine to find out what its called, and the responce was "big bid and something" there words not mine hahahaha

dont be jealous man i have been extremely lucky to get this far, would have done it wit out all the help ive got either so

THANKS EVERY ONE :D

jagle

jagle

i sent word down the vine to find out what its called, and the responce was "big bid and something" there words not mine hahahaha

dont be jealous man i have been extremely lucky to get this far, would have done it wit out all the help ive got either so

THANKS EVERY ONE :D

cheers dude.
ya your growing amazingly well done, now lets watch these babbies fill out

thegardener

thegardener

well the time has come i woke up this morning and one of the ladies, (the smallest) had like 60/70% brown hairs so i chopped that bitch down :D

03072011424.jpg
03072011423.jpg

she is now hung up to dry :)

jagle

jagle

gorgeous looking ill be throwing some pics up tonight, ended up having grfeat results with the girls so im happy out, good weather today too

X

x0mb13

Lookin NICE for a first run!! Me thinks many more will be on their way soon :)

thegardener

thegardener

Lookin NICE for a first run!! Me thinks many more will be on their way soon :)

my second grow is already being planned, ill be moving house soon so its goin to be upscaled, to a tent, and maybe a few low ryder out door grown, but thanks for the complements guys im waiting for it to dry out now..... hardest thing ive ever had to wait for :P

jagle

jagle

cool nice, running the autos now are ya? if you are get em in the ground asap id say mate.
nice let us know what your plannin for your next grow, ill be plannin mine too maybe help one another

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

i was jsut reading there and i wanted to ask would itbe a good idea to do a scrog grow wit auto flowering low ryders? is there anythign i need to know to set about doing it??

Hi,
please note that I am not speaking from experience, but many years spent researching how to grow weed.
SCRoG works best with varieties that branch a lot or plants that have been topped to promote branching. You also need to time the flip right so that the plant will have enough time to grow the branches that will run along the screen.

Since auto strains typically do not branch much, or at all, using a SCRoG would be very difficult.
Also, due to their autoflowering trait, and the short vegetative phase, there isn't really enough time for them to grow a nice canopy under the screen.

You could try compromising a little on pot size perhaps and crowd them in SOG to maxmize your limited growing space. Square pots are good for this since the fit nicely together.

Good luck!

BR

thegardener

thegardener

these will be the last photos of the ladies befor they come down, well maybe ill take a few as its happening, but its 58 hour till im on a plane headin to the dam :D muhahahaha but the ladies have run there course been flushed as we speak, :D

once again thanks for help guys :D

13072011439.jpg
13072011438.jpg
13072011436.jpg
13072011435.jpg
13072011434.jpg

Top Bottom