My first hydro run part deux: flowering

• Thread starter Chris1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kushluvr

kushluvr

Thx guys. PPMs were 520 yesterday but dropped 20 over night. Does that mean my planties ate 20ppm?

Haha

Any ideas on what I should do with a 5.5ftx5.5x8 closet?? Vert?? UC?? RDWC?? Let me know!!!

4x4 flood and drain table with 16 plants, minimum 1-2 lb per grow!!!! easiest hydro with amazing results!

C

Chris1

600 cool tube came in today. Got everything installed, and it looks sweet! I have the 400cfm pulling through the scrubber, through the tube and into the attic.

I hope this boosts my yield, I'm not even to week 4 yet. Pics soon!

S

smokestack23

Dude,
A 600 will give you a lot better efficiency over a 400. If you look at lumens per watt, a typical 400 hps (I'm just going from memory here so don't hold me to this or bet any money on it) I think makes like 130 lumens/watt where your typical 1000w HPS makes 150lumens/watt. Kinda makes you scratch your head when people refer to grams per watt of yield. Different lights make different amounts of lumens per watt.

ANYWAY...a typical 600W hps produces the same per watt as a 1K. 150lumens/watt...IIRC
You COULD argue that a garden using 600s is more efficient than one using thousand watters because you can spread-out the light more consistently but unlike with 400watters, you still get the same lumen production out of a 600 as a 1000...PER WATT.
Heath likes the sixes (and gets outstanding yields) and DDs prefers thousands and gets outstanding results.
I'm on the fence. It's hard to argue with the growth that a 1K's intensity encourages. On the other hand, you CAN get better coverage with less smaller sources..and less VERY HOTspots (in temp and light).

Either way, 600s are much better than 400s..IMHO!

C

Chris1

Thanks for the info smokestack, but I was using a 250 before!!! Lol this is the first time using a 600. The cooltube is warm to touch, definitely not uncomfortable though. How high should I hang it about the canopy? Right now its just as close as the 250 was, like 10 inches from highest top...

C

Chris1

K so here is the set up with the new cool tube 600

100_40001.JPG

100_3997.JPG

100_4003.JPG

100_3999.JPG

100_3998.JPG

day 28

S

smokestack23

Wow..then you'll notice an HUGE difference. 10" sounds about right. I'm sure people will say differently and I'd actually try a bit closer but you also want a good footprint.

Looking gooood

M

Mmmmasonite

I would bump up the ppms on the next rez change to 800.....What nutes you usin? ....Lookin good ...BTW

C

Chris1

I'm running the GH series with floralicious plus, liquid koolbloom, and dm zone

it's getting extra frosty in there, the plants smell soooooooooo sweet!

C

Chris1

It's my first run in hydro ever so I guess you could say its something new haha

Also my first run with an inline fan...but not my first run with hps :character0029: :character0029: :character0029:

M

Mmmmasonite

It's my first run in hydro ever so I guess you could say its something new haha

Also my first run with an inline fan...but not my first run with hps :character0029: :character0029: :character0029:

Nice! What late bloom booster are you gonna use? Cuz you know you gotta drop the liquid Kool bloom(if it's an 8 weeker) in week 6 an 7 and supplement a late bloom booster...If you wanna get crazy you could even use Top Booster or any PK 13/14 in week 5....It signals the plant to start late flower....essentially giving the plant a kick in the ass to get it ready for the late bloom booster....

C

Chris1

Nice! What late bloom booster are you gonna use? Cuz you know you gotta drop the liquid Kool bloom(if it's an 8 weeker) in week 6 an 7 and supplement a late bloom booster...If you wanna get crazy you could even use Top Booster or any PK 13/14 in week 5....It signals the plant to start late flower....essentially giving the plant a kick in the ass to get it ready for the late bloom booster....

Hey man I didn't know I was supposed to drop the kool bloom, the chart recommends it through the grow

Day 34...

Can anyone identify this leaf issue???

Ph has been 5.8 all week, PPMs @ start of week (Last sun) were 675

100_4020.JPG
100_4019.JPG

100_4021.JPG

100_4012.JPG

100_40111.JPG

100_40101.JPG

100_4009.JPG

M

Mmmmasonite

They look good.....Things like this can happen to the fan leaves....not a big deal.... You are supposed to switch from Kool Bloom liquid to the powder or to any other late bloom booster during ripening. Late bloom boosters are higher in P and K. The liquid is a mid bloom booster Here is their feeding schedule

.....Peace

C

Chris1

Hey appreciate it man. I'll go grab the powder Koolbloom unless you recommend something better

:harvest::harvest:

M

Mmmmasonite

If you like the liquid just carry on and get the powder.....unless you want something cheaper....Then I suggest MOAB from Mad Farmer....It is the same idea as Kool bloom....A late bloom booster....MOAB is one of the cheapest out there.

Peace

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Can anyone identify this leaf issue???

people will tell you the leaf tips are burn, but if your not riding them hard then i know from exp its copper deficiency (never becomes an issue though). the leave itself that shows signs of deficiency are Mg/Zn issues inside the leaf and Ca issues around the edges. Epsom usually does the trick. I switch to more and more Epsom and less and less cal-mag as flowering progresses....

Epsom salt, magnesium sulfate, Mgso4 actual available nutrient profile:

Mg: 9.8%
S: 13%

1g Epsom salt =

Mg: 98 mg or 98 ppm/liter
S: 130 mg or 130 ppm/liter

or

1g/10 liters =

Mg 9.8 ppm
S 13 ppm

looking great though man.

Leavedeficiencies
C

Chris1

Sorry for no updates in a while, been busy. The 2 Island Sweet Skunks are at day 46, starting to fatten up. Dunno how many days she'll go

The second pic is Blackberry Kush on left (Blackberry x Bubba, not the white rhino one), and the right is LVPK. They were beat up when I got em, but are starting to bounce back. Having some bug issues in there, haven't had time to set up, got them a little unexpectedly...

:harvest::harvest::harvest:

2011-04-21_16-56-05_187.jpg

2011-04-21_17-00-24_148.jpg

P

Pockets

if your gonna use the kool bloom powder, first make sure your plant doesnt have any hermi tendencies. the dry koolbloom purposely stresses your plants for max trich production and gh states this in its product review(not the hermi part but its logical).

Top Bottom