My First Plant

• Thread starter androsk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
androsk

androsk

What do you plan on using for a light for flower?

thinking in make one with reds, blue, and UV, what should work i guess.

Also, I'd suggest getting your temp up. Or at least at night.

Any idea what your humidity is?

i am planing to make my own light, i have mats from the ones i use to make lamps for planted aquariums, 660nm red led, 445m royal blue led, UV leds, full spectrum leds, 10000k, 12000k, cyan.

temp right now is about 29c and humidity 56%, i have it in a room full of aquariums tho.

MW7945

MW7945

Sounds like you're going to be pushing out a lot of blue light. I'd opt for 2700K or 3000K

androsk

androsk

Sounds like you're going to be pushing out a lot of blue light. I'd opt for 2700K or 3000K

oh, that's the mats i have, not pretending to use all those, so just 2700k or 3000k will be enough? been looking online, most of the lamps are red + blue, but more red than blue. what would you recommend?, and when i should change to that light.

MW7945

MW7945

oh, that's the mats i have, not pretending to use all those, so just 2700k or 3000k will be enough? been looking online, most of the lamps are red + blue, but more red than blue. what would you recommend?, and when i should change to that light.

Depends I guess. If you intend to use it for full grows versus only flower. Red light promotes flowering, blue light promotes growth. I use 3500K COBs for everything.

androsk

androsk

Depends I guess. If you intend to use it for full grows versus only flower. Red light promotes flowering, blue light promotes growth. I use 3500K COBs for everything.

I see, and how longer takes to flower? This one have a month old approx.

MW7945

MW7945

As in how long does flower take? Depends on the strain really. Typically 8-10 weeks. With some strains being closer to 12.

What is your current light schedule, nutrients, etc.

For a one month plant that's fairly small, but, small light = small plant

Monster762

Monster762

Flower times will depend on seed. Strain etc. autoglowers automatically flower at a certain time. Photoperiods flower when you tell them to. And yes you need a fan. Think of a muscle. If it don’t never work it gets skinny n weak. That’s what’s happening to the stems by not being forced to wiggle a little bit. Plus you want a good flow of fresh air for the plant.

androsk

androsk

As in how long does flower take? Depends on the strain really. Typically 8-10 weeks. With some strains being closer to 12.

What is your current light schedule, nutrients, etc.

For a one month plant that's fairly small, but, small light = small plant

Right now i have 12 hours light 12 dark with 18w leds. Not adding any nutrients yet , should i start adding already?

androsk

androsk

Flower times will depend on seed. Strain etc. autoglowers automatically flower at a certain time. Photoperiods flower when you tell them to. And yes you need a fan. Think of a muscle. If it don’t never work it gets skinny n weak. That’s what’s happening to the stems by not being forced to wiggle a little bit. Plus you want a good flow of fresh air for the plant.

Oh ok i got it, ill put the fan then

MW7945

MW7945

Right now i have 12 hours light 12 dark with 18w leds. Not adding any nutrients yet , should i start adding already?

Umm... hmm. 12/12 will put your plant into flower. You want 18/6 to veg them. An 18w LED will yield you maybe 7-8 grams if you're lucky. As far as nutes... it's hard to say. Depends how hot your soil is. I like growing in coco so I have full control of all nutrients. I guess it doesn't look deprived of nutrients

androsk

androsk

Umm... hmm. 12/12 will put your plant into flower. You want 18/6 to veg them. An 18w LED will yield you maybe 7-8 grams if you're lucky. As far as nutes... it's hard to say. Depends how hot your soil is. I like growing in coco so I have full control of all nutrients. I guess it doesn't look deprived of nutrients

how much time i have to veg them?, the soil is premixed - dirt i got in homedepot, vigoro is the brand i think

Latest posts

Top Bottom