My First Recirculating Coco Coir Grow.

• Thread starter DEViANCE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DEViANCE

DEViANCE

Hey guys,

Recently joined up as I'm going to wet my feet with this grow.
I know from reading quite a few posts not only here but on other boards a lot of people prefer DTW coco over recirculating.
But I thought I will give this a go.
Appreciate any input/feedback and help you guys may be able to provide with my setup.

Only just moved the seedlings from their cups to these 27 litre buckets, ;
Cyco Coco Coir
Fluence Spyder 2i - pulls about 600+w from the wall.
Greenplanet Duel Fuel Nutes 1 & 2 1 ml of each per litre
Greenplanet Calmag 1ml per litre also.
Coco coir was flushed at ph 5.8 before putting into pots.
PH of 6.0 for feeding nutes.

Was advised for the first week after transplanting them to manually water around the outside of the pot to encourage the roots to sniff outwards.
Pumping aircon into the tent to keep the temps down and running a humidifier to keep RH up to about 60-65%
Temps sit around 24 degrees Celcius.

Few questions,
Light height? Too low/High I have it roughly 31 inches from the top of the pots at the moment.
Should i move the exhaust outside the tent and just have the carbon filter to make more height room?

Regards
D

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Hello, fellow Kali lover. ^^^ that man knows his stuff, so a lot of us listen to what he tells us to do. Just wanted to drop in, say hi, and check out your setup. Recirculating in coco is a rare thing to see, so looking forward to watching how this progresses!

DEViANCE

DEViANCE

Plants don't grow into dry media... wet it all down with nutrient solution 200-300ppm ph about 5.6-5.8.

Can use a free lux app to help ballpark the light. 10-15k lux should be plenty at this stage.

Thanks Aqua, was told to do about 250ml just around the outside of the plant to encourage the roots to grow out to the sides? is this misinformation?

SSgrower

SSgrower

Your in good hands, nice "Clean" sterile setup. we are or some of us are a little rough, but we keep it as clean as we can, busy I guess, I'll follow. If our Coco gets even a little dry looking we water, & vacuum. Hand water most of us.

Oldman13

Oldman13

Hey guys,

I know from reading quite a few posts not only here but on other boards a lot of people prefer DTW coco over recirculating.
Appreciate any input/feedback and help you guys may be able to provide with my setup.

Cyco Coco Coir

Was advised for the first week after transplanting them to manually water around the outside of the pot to encourage the roots to sniff outwards.
Pumping aircon into the tent to keep the temps down and running a humidifier to keep RH up to about 60-65%

Few questions,
Light height? Too low/High I have it roughly 31 inches from the top of the pots at the moment.
Should i move the exhaust outside the tent and just have the carbon filter to make more height room?

Regards
D

View attachment 1092762View attachment 1092763View attachment 1092764
I swear i don't know how you guys all do it ? Hell that lite alone probably set you back 500 to a $1000 and then it sucks 600w out of the wall as well ...it doesn't look like you can really put much under it? And I have seen at the nursery down the street a similar but smaller set up with some real full spectrum Led lum pumpers ,but just lights alone are over 500bucks i would need 4of them for my two small rms then your venting and cooling and all the rest pumps buckets filters hydro nutrition all your time involved ...the Time is GONEfor sure ,,,you guy's must time a mony to burn and you could never recupe what your putting out🥺

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hey guys,

Cyco Coco Coir

Few questions,

Regards
D

Hey mate how you find mixing up the dual fuel nutes ? I use them too but when I mix as per the schedule book my ec is always way higher then the book

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I swear i don't know how you guys all do it ?
The footprint of those quality 600w led is much wider than what the producers says...expecially if you have more than one in the room.
Also the distance can be backed quite a bit from the producer reccomendation......i still dont understand why but hey, lack of professionality and shady behaviours are a common practice in this cannabusinness nowadays....
I cover a 20 by 7 ft canopy with 2600w of quality leds....yieldin around 1.3 gpw and ive seen peeps with the same fixtures get 1.8 some others with ridiculously producing genetics (lil out of fashion) get 2 grams per watt!!
Without the need to say that you can avoid to vent your room(infinite advantages on that) and use waaaaaay much less cooling power, hence .....electricity...

coming back on topic like others sayd get a luxmeter OP because its hella bright in there and you can cause problems now with too much light

Noparts

Noparts

Hey guys,

Cyco Coco Coir

Few questions,

Regards
D

Heya mate setup looks great I use to own the spider leds very disappointed with them came in round 200w hps now I use cutter same as hlg

Oldman13

Oldman13

The footprint of those quality 600w led is much wider than what the producers says...expecially if you have more than one in the room.
Also the distance can be backed quite a bit from the producer reccomendation......i still dont understand why but hey, lack of professionality and shady behaviours are a common practice in this cannabusinness nowadays....
I cover a 20 by 7 ft canopy with 2600w of quality leds....yieldin around 1.3 gpw and ive seen peeps with the same fixtures get 1.8 some others with ridiculously producing genetics (lil out of fashion) get 2 grams per watt!!
Without the need to say that you can avoid to vent your room(infinite advantages on that) and use waaaaaay much less cooling power, hence .....electricity...

coming back on topic like others sayd get a luxmeter OP because its hella bright in there and you can cause problems now with too much light

ShrederTHC

ShrederTHC

Just my two cents, I wouldn't recirculate coco runoff water. Coco likes a very accurate feeding regimen, I fear you will encounter many deficiencies and nutrient related problems.

Good luck brother, I'll tag along if you don't mind 👍

Top Bottom