My first run in ucdb32xl

• Thread starter GRAPEGODaero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GRAPEGODaero

GRAPEGODaero

So i got 3 of these systems to run in 1 room. Idk but i just want to see the room wall to wall with these buckets. I would have liked running all 3 now but i didnt have the clones for it. I decided to do a test run to get a feel for how it runs. Today is day 10 ,ppm 80 ph 6.0 temp 67f. I started at 160 ppm accidently and it got up to 200 before i drained few gallons and topped off with water. On its own it dropped 20 per day now.
80ppm for 2 days now.
Tbh i didnt expect them to use as much nutes as they are so fast. Anyway here couple pix of day 9.

My first run in ucdb32xl
My first run in ucdb32xl 2
My first run in ucdb32xl 3
GRAPEGODaero

GRAPEGODaero

3 week veg in the 8 gallon. The super lemon haze likes about 90ppm honestly. It is going to kill me on yield. Cant handle 200. Burnt it good. Each one of them. There are about 6 of them and some worse than others. The other strains doing ok. Maybe little burn on couple. Its my first time in the uc and kind of threw it down as a test run to see how it works. Im thinking half strength of cch2o feeding schedule. Im almost scared to go to 300 ppm. Had ph dropping 2 days after res change. Had doser loaded with down. They were 4.8 when i came in next day and i changed the down to up and got it back to 6 couple days of that now its at 6.2 and has only dosed 1 time today. Pretty fun system to work with tho.

GRAPEGODaero

GRAPEGODaero

Here is something i need opinions on. The super lemon haze is the only strain doing this. It first happened when my nutrient ppm got high in 2nd week veg because my ppm probe wasnt fully submerged. It got up to 450ish. Someone said to watch for rust looking spots meaning thats to much. I left for couple hrs and noticed some rust on leaves when i returned that wasnt there when i left. I grabbed hand held meter and found the high ppm. Like it cant be a deficiency because i know what im giving them. Ph is spot on so is this burn? I loweredppm and it stopped but as i have raised ppm thru weeks slh still showin signs of it. First pic is lower oldest leaves and other is upper newer leaves

Bb52e72c a704 44f3 9eca 00bfb4dd9ae2
20191115 141718
Judaz

Judaz

How high is your ceiling? Notice you running DE fixtures. 10 ft? I don’t recommend putting them on the rope you have. Gavitas or any De fixture need to be fixed as high as possible and you simply raise the watts as they grow and are able take more light. You can easily burn them that way you won’t get the proper lighting on them. What’s your grow space layout, how many lights you running? If you don’t have 10 ft and have 8ft ceilings you can change the reflectors for that purpose. The ones you have require 10ft ceilings for best results.

Last edited:
GRAPEGODaero

GRAPEGODaero

How high is your ceiling? Notice you running DE fixtures. 10 ft? I don’t recommend putting them on the rope you have. Gavitas or any De fixture need to be fixed as high as possible and you simply raise the watts as they grow and are able take more light. You can easily burn them that way you won’t get the proper lighting on them. What’s your grow space layout, how many lights you running? If you don’t have 10 ft and have 8ft ceilings you can change the reflectors for that purpose. The ones you have require 10ft ceilings for best results.
Lol. I have 15ft. What is wrong with rope ratchet light hangers? I wouldnt dream of using anything else much less consider it. Im 22x37x15. The gavitas are great. I have enough expirence to know not to burn my plants. I mean i have a little expirence. I have only been growing seriously since 2010 but started messing with it in 1996. Same year sog style growing came out. I remember getting a bonus mag with a high times and it was titled sea of green. I knew about sog before a lot of people in here were born. I appreciate your concern.

GRAPEGODaero

GRAPEGODaero

Lol. I have 15ft. What is wrong with rope ratchet light hangers? I wouldnt dream of using anything else much less consider it. Im 22x37x15. The gavitas are great. I have enough expirence to know not to burn my plants. I mean i have a little expirence. I have only been growing seriously since 2010 but started messing with it in 1996. Same year sog style growing came out. I remember getting a bonus mag with a high times and it was titled sea of green. I knew about sog before a lot of people in here were born. I appreciate your concern.
24 lights

Judaz

Judaz

15 ft ceilings you good. I see makes sense to use them then

Latest posts

Top Bottom