My five day old plants 2
My five day old plants 3
My five day old plants 4
My five day old plants 5
My five day old plants 6
My five day old plants 7

MEGA956

MEGA956

You said photos, right? Did you start them in that pot from seed? They look very healthy.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I reuse soil. Did you remix or amend it?

I use a kelp nutrient made by Bloom City and the plants seem to like it. It greens them well. I used it to nurture weak seedlings, too.
i just shoock if off the roots let it dry and then re amended it

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

yea i said photos and yes i started them in the 1 gallon fabric pots

I do exactly that when I start auto-flowers only I use 3 gallon fabric pots. This is a doable thing. The hardest thing is resisting the temptation to water again. Your plants could literally go 3 weeks and the soil still be too wet for another feeding. There's some pictures of my greenhouse autos on my profile page. Plants are healthy and doing well ... on AC Infinity autowatering fabric pot bases.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I do exactly that when I start auto-flowers only I use 3 gallon fabric pots. This is a doable thing. The hardest thing is resisting the temptation to water again. Your plants could literally go 3 weeks and the soil still be too wet for another feeding. There's some pictures of my greenhouse autos on my profile page. Plants are healthy and doing well ... on AC Infinity autowatering fabric pot bases.
well normally i would go from solo cup to 1 gallon but i just figured this time why not just skip the solo cup and not have to transplant for 1.5 months lol
i have even transplanted autos from solo cups to 3 gallon pots b4

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

well normally i would go from solo cup to 1 gallon but i just figured this time why not just skip the solo cup and not have to transplant for 1.5 months lol
i have even transplanted autos from solo cups to 3 gallon pots b4
My first time running autos so I did it "by the book" ... but honestly? I think I could transplant without transplant shock at least 90% of the time. I've done enough up potting in my days. lol

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i been looking at those auto pots do you still have to water from the top ?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

i been looking at those auto pots do you still have to water from the top ?
I like them so far but I've only been using them a short time. You do need to top water until roots are at the bottom of the bag or you don't get any leaching. This past weekend, I took them off their bases and top watered with a aerated "Recharge" microbe tea. It's still to be determined if I have to do something like that again. However I believe if you've got your soil worked out so your grow is basically "water only" organic, this is as easy as it gets. Just keep the plant bases from running out of water and clean them every week or so. I'm not sure how well they would work with synthetics. Salts buildup could be an issue requiring you to change out the wicking cord every so often ... but that's not much of an issue because the material is so cheap and you would probably at some point replace it anyway.

Top Bottom