My Garden

• Thread starter RHINObeast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Og Kush is looking nice and green and is extremely lst'd, stem is parallel to the soil lol, inner nodes on main nodes are starting to come in, I'm just trying to get the plant to come back to the other side of the pot.

The cookies kush (my one and only clone, which will need a cut in another week or so will probably be cloned again. The smoke is awesome, really vibrant orange hairs, chunky kush buds, and has like a cinnamon bun taste to it. These things grow really nicely no matter how you grow them. Lots would be pushed away from a small yield of the cookies, but I have the right pheno and if you veg this about 1.5 to 2 feet you'll get a great 3oz plus yield. Plant doesn't stretch much, maybe about another foot or so. The smell during bloom comes off identical to jack herer.

LVPK in soil, definitely not a huge fan of this in this medium. It's a hydro plant all the way. I probably will take this for cuts as I have another one in soil doing much better. The LED shot is the hydro Las Vegas, definitely better luck and a way stronger plant in dwc. I got these clones from my good friend who grows a shit load of indica only strains; mainly afghans, and bought some smoke of his recent harvest a month ago. The smokes to die for, nice lavender tones, but has an elegance like centenial seeds roughneck. It grows purple as fuck, but unfortunately that color didn't stay within this batch I bought, but it was really ripe, brown hairs, and cured just right. the key is not to lollipop much on these

IMG 1370
IMG 1372
IMG 1373
IMG 1357
ahemait

ahemait

What are you gonna make outta yours?
Butter and then spicy hermit cookies.

First time I made them there was a dosing issue. I was rolling around in bed at 8:30 pm new years eve regretting my life choices lulz. It was cool though, I woke up at 2:30 am with motor function again : P

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Butter and then spicy hermit cookies.

First time I made them there was a dosing issue. I was rolling around in bed at 8:30 pm new years eve regretting my life choices lulz. It was cool though, I woke up at 2:30 am with motor function again : P

I hear you on that, was it too much, or too little? Sounds like you put a shitload lol

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

So I went back to the soil grow to test waters again, and it's going very successfully however.....way too slow for me. I want to bloom these things 2 months from when they first go into a pot and it really doesn't look to me like that's gonna happen. It's been really "caterpillar-like" time and I just don't have patience like that lol. I took some clones, off everything and they're in the ez cloner now. When they root bye bye mature soil plants. People might think this is stupid but the amount of time it takes me to veg a plant in two months, I get the same results in two weeks with my reservoir regime. What I can say is, I always changed up the nutes feeding these girls in soil, and kept them nice and lime green and healthy. My friend gave me some LVPK clones a few months ago, the two in soil had spider mites, I didn't quarantine like I should have, but the one in hydro (which is now in bloom) never saw mites again after it came out of the cloner and use of 2oz mean green to 1 gallon of water. I also hate these little annoying flying fungus gnats or white flies whatever the hell they are flying on my nice green leaves. I have a sour kosher in there in hydro and the rest are in soil, but what's fucking bullshit is that the hydro Kosher has No bugs, no flies, no issues...in general speaking, hydro is just cleaner overall, and it works for me, hope you enjoyed my story lol here's a pic of the clones. Oh and I use a 60 watt led bulb on top of my kitchen stove lol works great!

IMG 1416
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Fucking amped right now, just purchased the eye hortilux power veg 420 (x3) and the FS+UV (X1). Definitely really blue in there but all four bulbs emit some really vibrant blue/purple spectrums, perfect for veg, I skipped the power veg 460 because I was looking for something absolutely dedicated to veg spectrum, and it was time to upgrade the bulbs. I'm impressed, we'll see how my clones like it soon. Looks bare in here but that's because all my veg plants are in bloom. We're also 6 days away from chop, I stripped the fan leaves off the glueberry and it's been defoliated except the sugar leaves, looking like it's gonna be a 2 to 3 oz return

IMG 1450
IMG 1444
IMG 1447
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Cut at Day 65 sorry for the dark ass pics, definitely dig this pheno, ended up with 240 grams of wet weight, any takes on thoughts of the dry weight? I'm hoping upscale 2.5 ozs but definitely 2ozs at the least. This was only under a 300 watt led, so that return would be great. I use, gen hydro nutes 3 part series, canna rhizotonic in veg only, botanicare silica and cal mag, gh liquid koolbloom in conjunction with canna pk 13/14. I don't use rapid start, no hydroguard nothing....buckets always smelt clean and I always built myself up to the max feed. Roughly 600 ppms in bloom. I used to change my nutes every week but finding I was wasting nutes because my ppms weren't dropping significantly after a week so there was no need. Now I change over every two weeks and just add plain tap when they eat two gallons. I try to air out the roots and let them sit in a minimum of 2 gallons to increase the yields

IMG 1447
IMG 1460
IMG 1464
IMG 1465
IMG 1462
IMG 1463
ahemait

ahemait

Haha what a random ass number, works for me, I ate two cookies last week and was stoned all day and all day the next day I was mellow as fuck
I don't know why more people don't use edibles!

And holy root mass batman. I'm a week and a bit out from chop myself. I'm tempted to run some buckets just to compare but I need to get my soil dialed in first for a fair comparison.

Looking like some good shit there, regardless. What is your dry/cure method?

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

And holy root mass batman. I'm a week and a bit out from chop myself. I'm tempted to run some buckets just to compare but I need to get my soil dialed in first for a fair comparison.

Dude I can imagine a lot of people say DWC is tougher than soil but definitely not the case for me. I think it's a lot easier, and honestly I just PH everyday, and change the water every week, (finding now I can go two weeks) and just plain water when they get low. The key is to allow your water to drop about halfway, get air to the roots I. Flower, don't leave them submerged (in flower) I try to have a couple inches of gap between the bottom of the net pot and water level. In veg I submerge the net pots completely.

Drying, I always wet trim, I pull fan leaves about a week from harvest five or take. I have a sterlite cabinet in my room and I place the manicured buds on a 13x9 disposable aluminum baking pan. For about four to five days. Tossing them twice daily. No fans, just on a shelve inside a dark space. I would say between 65 to 75 degrees, ( I run the ac right now, but the cabinet doors stay shut, id assume 72 degrees is optimum.) after the 4 to 5 days, jar them for a day, and burp twice for an hour. At the end of the night place all he buds back onto the tray. Leave them out overnight again. Then that morning jar it up, and throw in a BOVEDA 62 hunidipack. These keep your buds nice and fresh. For the next two days I only burp once for 30 minute increments. And jar it up. In one week from the last burp, cut grass smell is gone and those nice terps kick in

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I have a lot of respect for soil growers, as that's how I started, but I thank root aphids for making me switch to hydro. Yields / health and growth are just way more fun for me to watch. For you soil growers that grow these massive trees I envy your patience lolol

Top Bottom