My girls need help

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I have a 4 site 13 gal UC with vertical lighting I run advance nutrient ballast so in the beginning of my UC run I dimmed them to 500 watt they were doing great my ph is swinging up so thats a good sign also my water temp is at 68F my nutrient ppm is 600 ppm they been at this ppm and water setting with air temp at 78-80 for 1 month with great growth my Co2 was at 1500 ppm they were doing good again. So I lowered the co2 to 600ppm and put my lights brighter to 750 now my plants are droopy and all the fan leaves are not looking good instead of that wide open look , it looks tight it looks narrow almost like a saliva plants what do you guys think it is thanks

T

tipper619sd

well i see the right man for the job is here to answer your questions. DS has the answers johnny. Also thanks DS for all the help and kindness for informing us peace.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

For real thanks DS for you help just turned them down lets see how they do

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

DS if you can chime in my girls are still droopy I don't know what gives my ph is still swinging slowly about a point every 2 days from when this problem started it was at 5.8 today it's a 6.1 so I'm waiting until 6.3 to ph down to 5.7 again ppm are at 660 ppm I checked the roots they are white as can be no signs of root rot there is no brown anywhere. Can it be my RH it stays at 45- 63% durning lights on and at night it's much higher

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Pictures would really help, however 660 is higher then i go ever with CS. What is it your using? DM? how much of the 660 is cal mag? how do the roots look? 45-63% is the difference between perfect and fail - which is it?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks DS for answering me I'm running Cal-mag @ 3ml/gal
H&G A @ 4ml/gal
H&G B @ 4ml/gal
Epsom @ 1 g/gal
H2o2 @ 2 ml/gal
Ph to 5.4
That brings my ppm to 660
The roots look very white no brown on them I have 2 whole room humidifier but durning lights on an the ac kicks in my RH does as low as 45 but I been checking every 2 hours and it's stays at 45-65 it goes up and Down when ac starts and up when ac stops and the cycle repeats. But what gets me that last run I ran only 1 humidifier and had no issue now I bought another one and having problems you thinks it's the RH causing the droopy plants thanks

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Id try and get rh stabilized at 60% unless you have any signs of pm.

And id be looking at more like 1 ml per gal of cal-mag.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Ok I'll see why I can do as far as keeping the RH at 60% or above I already have 2 whole room humidifier there my tent is 10x10x7 I only have 4 site 13 gal so I laid down some wet towels until I find a better humidifer have any in mind thanks
Also can I have a Rez change but with 1ml/gal instead of 3ml that I'm using?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

yeah would change it... I wouldn't put in any cal-mag for a day or two, then if you need the .5 or 1 ml go ahead....

Relax on the wet towels, thats going to cause a serious issue.

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

Lots of you mile high guys have this humidity issue. Luckily/unluckily all my rooms are between 0'-20' sea level so now that i grow in UC's humidity is no longer an issue. Really though whats good? I anticipate humidity issues dec-feb just wondering how i can get ahead of the compet... i mean weather.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks DS for the help I flushed and mixed nutes without cal-mag but I let it go for a few days and stabilize the RH I can't keep it at 60% but close to it.
Also I wanted to ask do you think my problem was the 3ml cal-mag cause my tap water comes out around 70-100 tops ppm so I think it already has cal-mag thanks
Also should I add some or not

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

How do I tell if I need it they look great are there any tell tale signs?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Can anybody tell me the signs of cal-mag defencieny so how do I know I need it thanks Dsif your out there please your input is highly appreciated thanks once again

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks Rollin for that link I went through it and it seems that I not in need of cal-mag my leaves are all nice and green all the way through the bottom of the plant. This is weird cause I was using it before following DS how to veg in the UC but this run I had problem he advise to cut down co2 and flush out rez and run with no cal-mag for 2 day but I forgot and it's been almost 2 weeks and they look sweet weird uh but thanks once again

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

If your using CS its not weird - combined with your tap water you should not see a need for cal-mag except maybe deep into stretch when the plants are huge and consuming massive amounts of ppms (100-200 per day). The cal-mag (as daniel says all the time) was most likely inhibiting your uptake.

The difficult part about plant nutrition diagnosis is not identifying the deficiency, its pinpointing the source of the lock-out to begin with. Rarely is the issue simply a lack of ions - rather there is something that is inhibiting the availability of those ions. pH, temps, rot, o2, over watering, under watering, Co2, rH, etc, etc, etc (or most commonly an imbalanced ratio of solution ions), could be the cause of the lock-out to begin with.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks DS what humidifier would you recommend for a 10x10x7 grow tent I'm running 25,000btu window ac in the tent with 5 vertical 1000watt after all the great advise you gave me I fell that my next run will be crushing the only area I'm lacking is keeping my RH when my ac cycles on

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I have a problem now I check on the girlies and my ph has drop it was climbing from 5.4 to 6.1 then today I drop to 5.8 my ppm are at 300ppm and my plants look droopy again I have 3ml H&G A&B 1ml Epson salt, .5ml cal-mag and 1ml h202 my co2 is at 550ppm what's up?

Top Bottom