My journey to the MPB Universe!

• Thread starter easypleasie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

easypleasie

jtr, i'm pretty sure you'll be happy with a similar veg setup. Amazing growth and very little veg time needed.

I've used two different netpots now and they both don't fit on the buckets right. One had no lip and would slide down the insides...my current netpots have a lip but won't fit on the bucket. The only ones that did fit were the netpots with holes all through them. I also had to cut my buckets to make them fit! I just jigsawed the rim off. I'd end up cutting myself if I used a knife lol.

M

MediMary

hey ez.. these work great on buckets from lowes and homedepot.. my hydro guy ordered for me

E

easypleasie

We have lift off! Day 1 of 12/12

A little change on the setup since the last update. I had a white fire in coco/hydroton that I was gonna flower with the 5 mpb girls...well, she got big and I decided to replace one of the mpb girls so she has a nice spot in the sun :)

I removed the middle mpb girl that was topped and moved one of the corner girls to the middle. That topped girl was huge but branches were all over the place and not uniform. Untopped girls actually had more branches and they were thicker, too.

Reflectix for the white fire coming soon lol

DSC2308
 DSC2309
 DSC2311
 DSC2312
M

MediMary

ez.. your room is sooo sexy(and clean).. I get wood lookin at them ladies..

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Easy, are you hand watering the fire in the coco, or are you tying into the water system for the mpb somehow?
Also, that was some good feedback on growth patterns on the topped vs non-topped.

E

easypleasie

Thanks Medi...I get wood every time I walk in the room lol

TF, I'm using the top feed from the mpb to feed the white fire, drain to waste. I made a large drip ring and manually turn on the ball valve 1-2 times a day. At this point, i'm still dialing in the feed schedule for her. I've been feeding her from the same nute solution for a while now and it seems to be more than adequate. If she needs more or less, i'll mix up a separate batch of nutes. She's in a 10 gallon tub with a 50/50 mix of hydroton/coco. There's about an inch of solution that sits on the bottom...hempy style. Just another experiment :)

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Great to finally see some girls in 'Easypleasie's sleazy pleasure palace'! Your pics are always awesome and you have insane attention to detail!

Your dead on when you say it's all the little tips and tricks from other MPB growers that really help out. I've been following along with all the MBP grows and try to remember all the little things!

Definitely looking forward to watching this grow, those are going to be some fat girls. Thanks in advance for posting all the good and bad of your grow and all the 'little things' you learn along the way, many will be paying attention I'm sure. There is definitely a lot of very cool growers on this site!

Huge props EP, looking forward to the show!

ALLegal

T

TheNewBreed

Hi easy. Looks incredible. Been lurking, and learning, for a long time on here and following everyones amazing designs and journals. Just curious what those cages you're using are and where you found them? They look perfect. Thanks man. Again great job with everything.

E

easypleasie

Thanks guys!

NewBreed, I got that fencing at Lowes (thanks to Boots!)...but it was at a location closer to rural areas. The Lowes in the city didn't have a whole lot of farming supplies :) They only came in 330 foot rolls...I only needed about 40ft! No idea what i'm gonna do with all the leftover...maybe get some goats or something lol

Link to the fencing

mikeross

mikeross

set is just plan sick. i am starting something very similar next week.

Not sure if I want to go 4k with 5 plants or 5k with 4 plants.

has there been any discussion about this subject with these 10x10 rooms and which style is better 5 or 4. 4 light setup seems so much easier to cool if you running cool tubes but 4 plants are only hit on 2 side. Does that really make the yield go down. Do you have to be very aggressive in the way your thinning out the plants?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Just a newbie, repeating info here. DDS reccomends 4 plant, 5 light for that size. I know that you should get less yield on average per plant with 5 plants over 4. Whether the room will produce more either way, I am not sure. I would think that it should be similar. Just my 2 cents.

E

easypleasie

Mo light = mo betta :) I would think a 5 light/4 plant setup would do better since you have an extra light for the same space...also all plants will get equal coverage. Yes, 4 lights are easier to cooltube than 5...but that can depend on how you need to run the ducting. On my corner plants, I train the back branches to wrap around to the sides. One cool thing about having the 5 plant setup is you get to watch one plant get 4 lights! You should expect your corner plants to be smaller and yield less but your center plant should be a monster :)

M

mrdizzle

I would probably run a 4 plant 5 lighter, with 4000w its really like running 3 full plants, considering 4 plants are half plants.

E

easypleasie

A lot of notes of the little things

Just wanted to jot down some notes with the grow so far. Wanna be able to have something to look back at later.

1200 gph is too much top feed for my remaining 4 plants. I had to open the bypass all the way and it's no longer flooding the netpots. I think there are so many roots that it's keeping things from flowing straight through. I even drilled extra holes on my netpots and it's still not enough to flow that much gph. I'm gonna replace my 1200 with a 700. I can see a definite advantage in the all mesh netpots...just wish they made taller ones.

My water level drains a little above the half way mark on the 1.5" drains. It was around 3/4 of the way up before I turned the top feed down. The level is currently around 1.5" above the bottom of the netpots. I'm glad I changed out netpots that sit a little higher than the ones I originally had. Less chance of the coco pots sitting in water.

Roots do go down the big drains in long strings. I check daily to remove any that have escaped. It's not happening that much now that roots are starting to tangle up more.

I've also been tweaking my chiller pump but it's a slow process of counting on/off minutes. I have a 1200 gph with a bypass on the chiller and the slower gph seems to cool faster. The higher gph seems to keep the water cooled longer. I'm gonna put the old 700 gph pump back on and call it a day.

I'm having issues with my hydrogen co2 burner. Same issue as everyone else that have griped about it. Sometimes it just doesn't want to stay lit. It ignites but then goes out. I'm constantly checking to make sure it's working...real pain in the ass! I'm tinkering with the water and gas levels and seems the lowest of both do the best. I think it might be cause of too much air movement around the unit so i'm messing around with fan placements. I hope I can get this sorted out cause the burner kicks ass when it's working. Only runs about a minute at a time. I need to get the retro kit so it will re-strike.

Girls look healthy and filling in nicely. I've never seen my leaves so dark green...must be from all the iron in the H&G additives. There hasn't been much vertical growth since the girls have been in the mpbs. Plants mainly filled in and hardened up. The bottom of my bulbs are at the tops of the plants. All the girls are currently 36-40 inches tall and wide. Hopefully my girls will end up about 4 feet tall and 4-5 feet wide.

My single white fire is looking great! She's almost the same size as the other girls, just not as wide. I'm about to hook up a separate pump and cycle timer to see how she likes being watered more often.

I have four 13 dawgs left after taking out 5 males. I'm thinking about flowering them in the mpb room just to have some variety and to see what the potency is like. I won't judge the structure of the plants since they are from seed. At minimum, i'll get a general idea what the different flowering times are. Guess I should go take cuts first :)

Nute solution is around 775-800ppm. Had it at 850 but got the claw and slight tip burn. I would have burned the shit out of them if I had it at 1000 ppms.

Co2 is set at 900 but it ranges from 850-1050ppm. I have an extra co2 monitor to make sure my fuzzy logic controller is accurate and working. I'll know right away if something is off. I think it's good practice to have backups when you have so much time/effort/money invested. I do the same with ppm/ph meters. I run two 24/7 monitors and use pocket meters to double check them.

Day temps are 82-84F (27-29c)
Night temps are 72-75F (22-24c)
Mini-split is handling things nicely so far

Humidity is around 50-55% day, and around 60-65% at night. I'll adjust this after the first two weeks of flowering are done.

Ok, that's it for now...anyone actually reading this? lol

L

Loudblunts

i read it!!!

thanks for the read!!

2 questions....

are you running the hydrogen ? or the hydrogen pro?

andddddd i thought you couldnt use fuzzy logic for co2 gens?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Me too... Great info for those of us dreaming about your sick setup and Happy plants and for the other big dogs killin' it as well with the MPB's! Great job all around easy pleasie... :cool

E

easypleasie

LB, I have the old black hydrogen that runs on batteries and doesn't re-strike. There's a kit I need to get that updates to the plus model. Does anyone know if you can buy the kit anywhere or if you have to get it straight from hydro innovations?

I'm not really using the fuzzy logic feature of the controller. That's best using bottles. I didn't want it constantly cycling the burner on/off so I disabled it. It only activates the burner when level gets too low. I guess you can say it's in basic logic mode lol.

L

Loudblunts

ahhhh, i asked cuz i heard the new new hydrogen pro is supposed to be fine, i wonder if it has the same problem? i heard the minigen doesnt stay lit either, but that was only one dude i knew. cuz of my space i want the minigen, however if it sucks and the new hydrogen pro is fixed fuck it... i guess ill have to make room

far as the kit/'retrofit' whatever i've seen some folks rig up adapters to em...not sure if you wanted to go that route

Top Bottom