My journey to the MPB Universe!

• Thread starter easypleasie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

right on i ended up rockin the full on ridged, but i left a gap to move the lights up or down and used therma flow inbetween, its pretty easy to get it set up, but plan on cutting yourself at least 50times lol

E

easypleasie

lol i'm a klutz so not new to getting beat up in the room. Plenty of scars lol. Are you using the rigid in your other room?

edit: just realized you're working on a bigger setup. Nice bro! Can't wait to see pics.

E

easypleasie

lol north! I think a thread about all the grow related injuries could be really funny. I've got some good ones to share if someone starts a thread.

D

dj trichome

how come ur bros are never there when the room really needs a extra hand but man take a break twist one oh hey bro!

E

easypleasie

lol my bros don't know i'm growing so I can't ask them for help. Bum deal for me but better this way. Would really be nice to have some trimming help, though :) It's getting to be a bit much for one person. I need to find a better way or grow less. Anyone have any recommendations on automatic trimmers?

D

dj trichome

:icon_cookie:
lol my bros don't know i'm growing so I can't ask them for help. Bum deal for me but better this way. Would really be nice to have some trimming help, though :) It's getting to be a bit much for one person. I need to find a better way or grow less. Anyone have any recommendations on automatic trimmers?
i heard the hand one does an ok job?
it seems the electronic ones would shake loose too may trichomes and you still have too finish it.
first off the best way i found for me is last week start pulling water leaves be careful it can cause mold so if your strain or room is moldy hold off ,hang it till its crispy about a week 10 days then get a nice tub
de stem it getting ur nuggz down to bag size seal up the tub burp off for a week or 3
and start attacking it little by little.
why spend hours building growing caring for such delicate finished product and ruin it in a machine dont handle it wet either allott of people clip it wet but that robs crystalls and bare handed it transfers oils changing the true color of the bud, my opinion.
if you have friends you can trust take them a tub weigh it let them clip it come back get your bud and trimm wieghed!

M

mrdizzle

easy........two words, trim reaper. dude ive used it for the past 4 harvest and it fucking amazing. do not be fooled into thinking is hurts your bud. there as been about 20trim reapers bought by my friends up north after seeing mine in action, my friends in arcata say they are going to put the trimmers outta work. I promise, this machine will change your life

while the machine looks like its moving really fast, if you keep an eye on a bud and follow it you'll see how gently it slides over the grates. the rubber fingers are loosey goose.

daRube

daRube

Ha ha ... rookie farmer here.. Mr D I love your "putting trimmers out of work" should we have a "TrimmersAide" concert for them..lol... (though I'd like to produce enough to need the reaper..)

Easy, thank you for your thread it is helping me figure out how to get my grow on... Happy New Year to you..

L

Lost

My hand trimming I can do a pound in 3-4 hours. Im gunna have to put out some serious weight to get to the point where I need trimmer, lol.

E

easypleasie

Thanks for the input guys. And welcome to all the new folks following along. I'll be putting up a full parts list soon with prices so anyone thinking about going this route will have a general idea of the costs associated.

I'll look into the trim reaper and electric tumbler. Any others that people can vouch for?

Lost, you have some serious trimming skills, bro! lol It takes me an entire day to trim a pound. 18 hours straight for my big girl in the picture above. But then, my strain is a real bitch to trim up. A bit too leafy.

I don't have the attention span to sit and just trim. I take a lot of breaks and after a while the arthritis in my hands start getting to me. And then I smoke to ease the pain and often pass out lol. After trimming for a solid week, I have to find other alternatives. Completely wore me out...to the point I was thinking I don't need to grow this much. Woes me, such a price to pay for a decent harvest lol

B

brookstown

looks great EP,

I'm sure you've answered it and I looked but where did you get the large round tub from?

E

easypleasie

Hey brookstown, thanks for stopping by. I got those tubs from Walmart. They come in 10 and 18 gallon sizes. They work great as regular soil/coco pots. Around $5.50 for the 10g and $9 for the 18g. I have a ton of them around so wanted to reuse what I had on hand. Besides, I like the gray color and it matches my other stuff lol. I plan on getting the original tubs that dds uses at some point.

Home Depot has similar tubs for a little cheaper. They come in bright festive colors.

D

DaScoundrel

...It takes me an entire day to trim a pound. 18 hours straight for my big girl in the picture above. But then, my strain is a real bitch to trim up. A bit too leafy.

Deffinitely has a lot to do with strain, imo. I've got a pure sativa that gets so crystally you pull a couple fans and pop the rest off and put into a bag - no trimming needed.

Then i've got a pure indica with an arse-load of leaves and i have to trim the hell out of it ... and then feel obligated to remove half the stem from the buds as well, 'cuz the stems are just huge on it. Such a pain that i stopped growing it, though i'm bringing up some hybrids of it still.

E

easypleasie

Alrighty, I have a goal to reach with the mpb system. I'm not gonna report on total yield numbers but I can say I want to beat 1.42 lbs for a single plant :) Actually, if I can get that without the long veg times i'll be super stoked!

I have all the gear needed for the system and getting the room cleaned up and ready to go. Taking my time and not taking any short cuts this time.

I have to wait till my test room is done so I can have veg space. The res and chiller will take up my current veg space. It's gonna be at least a month before I can get things going. Gives me some time to relax and tend to my ojd test grow.

L

Lost

Looks like i'll be up and running a week or two before you. Setting up this room is a bitch!! I got 60amps in 220 and 30amps in 110, so i will never need more power, lol. I need a few more ballasts now of the 1k variety.. I think im going to run ROG thru it with some bubba maybe.. I dunno, lol

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

E

easypleasie

lol Lost! It's a ton of work no doubt! I ran two 6 gauge 220 lines but only using one 40 amp for flower. I'm gonna hook up the second line for my veg setup so I can take advantage of the more stable 220v line. Gotta replace my crappy electric water heater with a gas one to open up a slot in my panel.

I have four 1ks and four 600s ready for the room but only gonna run the 4k at first. Gotta see how much my mini-split can handle. lol that reminds me I need to vacuum the lines so I can test to see if I even hooked it up right! I'll be able to do a test run to see what kind of temps it can handle.

I have a couple ROG in veg along with one white fire :) I really wanna run something else in the system as I have more than enough of what i've been running. Decisions, decisions lol

L

Lost

Yea, drawing 4.5 amps per light is waaay better than drawing 9 amps. I still need to get and install my mini split. Right now thats all that is holding me up, so hopefully ill get that done next week if I can come up with the $$$. I was going to get a really nice 2 ton 18 seer with an inverter so it can run at 50% power instead of it coming on and off. I'll probablly end up with a cheapy 13 seer unit tho :(

E

easypleasie

Which mini-split were you thinking about with the 18 seer? Mine is an 18,000 btu 19 seer Fujitsu Inverter model. It was $1900 but with all the wiring, vacuum pump and gauges, it came out to about $2,300. Might be the best investment i've made yet. I wanna get a smaller one for my veg room at some point.

If you can swing it, get the inverter, bro! The money you save on electricity can make up for the extra costs.

Also, the inverter models all seem to be much quieter.

Top Bottom